Advice- thinking of buying QVC Cast Iron casserole

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone! Not sure if anyone can help - I was looking at the cast iron casserole but after reading the reviews on the cast iron frying pan I am a bit sceptical....the casserole has one brilliant review but I am worried it is one of QVC's own dodgy reviews....can any vouch for the casserole or tell me to try another brand if necessary?

LLL I haven't got the casserole but I have the frying pan but I like the frying pan and have had no probs I am also considering the casserole too

hi jo! thanks for the speedy reply! i am really interested that you like the frying pan...i wanted to go for it but the reviews really put me off!!!

That's okay just had a look at the reviews I think the problem may be with the sticking is that I remember Malcolm saying that you don't need the heat up too high as it retains its heat and maybe that is what the reviewers had a problem with but I'm really happy with my one:D

how weird...the web would not let me order and now they have gone to waitlist! i think qvc take ages updating their web details!

get a Le Creuset. expensive but you'll never buy another. and if your old man doent like the stew you can bash him on the head with it. curtains! :p

I agree with BurlyBear. Nothing compares to Le Creuset. If there is a Le Creuset outlet/seconds store near you it is worth a visit. You will find excellent savings for cookware with very minor imperfections.

get a Le Creuset. expensive but you'll never buy another. and if your old man doent like the stew you can bash him on the head with it. curtains! :p

Ive got Le cruset, and never use them, they are so heavy you have to use two hands to lift em! I stick to the stainless steal stuff much easier and lighter!

I LOVE my Le Cruset as well.:clap::clap:

Granted they are heavy but you get used to them, another fave is a large casserole from M+S bought in one of their sales.:jump:

Ive got Le cruset, and never use them, they are so heavy you have to use two hands to lift em! I stick to the stainless steal stuff much easier and lighter!

I know what you mean! Cast iron is just so heavy - it's out of the question for me (unless I could hire a muscley (sp?) hunk to help me out in the kitchen...)

If Le Creuset is too expensive for you try the Chasseur range, they are exactly the same, made by a lesser known french company. I have two of their casseroles and honestly they are just as good but less expensive. I bought mine from Amazon........

You can also pick up Chasseur and Le Creuset at TKMaxx occasionally, so it's worth a look there - ours always has some lovely kitchen stuff in.

Always use a small flame/heat and let the pan heat up. It takes a few minutes longer with cast iron, but as Malcolm said 'Let the pan do the cooking not the burner'. I love my Le Creuset, I always get mine from TK Maxx or the outlet shop in Clarks Village, Somerset when I'm up that way.

Latest posts

Back