White Zircon...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheekymonkey240

Registered Shopper
Ok so i know theres cubic zirconia(manmade) and recently discovered Zircon which i understand is a real gemstone. So i saw a couple of rings on TJC website stating they are white zircon and just to be sure i am getting a natural gemstone i emailed them to check. I got a reply telling me white zircon is manmade. Im a bit confused why dont they put cubic zirconia on the details not white zircon? Or maybe do you think the person emailing me back maybe made a mistake? I will show you the link of one of them. Tell me what you think!

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/ProductDetail.aspx?StockCode=934396

Ok so i know theres cubic zirconia(manmade) and recently discovered Zircon which i understand is a real gemstone. So i saw a couple of rings on TJC website stating they are white zircon and just to be sure i am getting a natural gemstone i emailed them to check. I got a reply telling me white zircon is manmade. Im a bit confused why dont they put cubic zirconia on the details not white zircon? Or maybe do you think the person emailing me back maybe made a mistake? I will show you the link of one of them. Tell me what you think!

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/ProductDetail.aspx?StockCode=934396

Hmmm..not sure what to think....:thinking:......about the reply you got! Here's a link for you about Zircon

http://www.gemandmineralinfo.com/Content.aspx?ItemId=23

a natural gemstone and the oldest, we are told, known to man! Not an expensive gem and white may well be the cheapest, but good value as it has sparkle and clarity, and it looks nicely set in that ring. A CZ Diamonique set in SSilver from QVC would likely cost about the same amount.....methinks!

Do TJC sell CZ, I know they sell glass baubles?

Hi I have Zircon in my collection from gemstv it is from cambodia and as I understand it Zircon is a real gemstone not to be confused with CZ so for them to reply saying it is manmade really is confusing .I would try and get some clarification on this from TJC as I think someone has made a mistake when sending you a reply .

Someone is talking out of their ar$e at TJC!! :rolleyes: True Zircon is certainly not manmade.

THE MINERAL ZIRCON

Zircon's
reputation has suffered of late due to the introduction of a diamond simulant. So for the record, zircon (zirconium silicate, ZrSiO[SIZE=-1]4[/SIZE]) is NOT the same material as the artificial gem material Cubic Zirconia (zirconium oxide, ZrO[SIZE=-1]2[/SIZE]). However with that in mind, zircon has been used as a diamond simulant both for innocent and nefarious reasons. Zircon resembles diamond in luster and fire and colorless zircons have been mistaken for diamonds by experienced jewelers. Zircon can make a very attractive and affordable gemstone. It is found in browns and greens but can be heat treated to beautiful blue and golden colors. Colorless material is produced in this way as well. Zircon is the December Birthstone. As a mineral specimen, zircon is uncommon in most rock shops because attractive specimens are rare. However, fine specimens of well shaped zircons are available and are in demand.

I have a 30 year old blue zircon and diamond cluster ring. 7.5 for hardness on the Mohs scale requires care compared to diam 10 but mine is in good condition after all this time.

Latest posts

Back