Problem with Order - Help!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After reading this post and some others i think it's time Gems sat up and took notice of thier once loyal customers
what with the website fiasco and now poor quality items in boxes not fit for the job
enough is enough Gems TV
if you keep treating us like this then you very soon won't have any customers at all

Oh Meesh, I've just caught up with this thread and I'm so sorry. We all think back so warmly to the 'good old days', but we really do have to remember that despite some familiar faces, it is not the same company anymore.
We had the luxury of a privately owned company with owners like Steve B who has always had a real passion for top customer service.
Now the company is owned and run by anonymous business people in Singapore who are only interested in the profits.
I found it very hard to let go at the end of last year, but I'm totally over my 'grieving' now and really don't have any feelings of affection or loyalty left. The old presenters still tempted me for a while to think of times of old, but they are only employees with no power. Just before he left I even heard Steve A say he had no authorisation to make a certain decision and would have to refer it to the powers that be. I suppose everything changes over time.
Anyway, I do hope you feel better soon!

Couldn't agree more BC! In fact, when you find that vice, let me know and I'll join you (in the platonic sense you understand).

Thought you all might like to see the box that the earrings came in. Not very GemsTV is it? It's actually a necklace/pendant box and as you'll see, I've put the earrings inside (minus the bags so they can move around more) and the box doesn't shut!!!

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

That is just shoddy. How can they be expected to be taken as serious contenders to mainstream jewellers with that type of presentation?

Only just caught up with the thread too Meeshoo. How disappointing for you and a very shoddy way to treat ANY customer. It's very sad to see how the content of these posts have changed from the days when we all excitedly shared our latest purchase, to these days when fewer and fewer are posting, not only on what we've bought lately, but to our disappointment in the product or the service.

BTW I also have the same earrings in pink tourmaline in w/g, and they are very substantial, mine arrived a bit bent, (due to bad packaging) which I very gently straightened, but actually don't wear much, despite them being quite stunning.

no wonder you are livid meesh, i would be too. I think the earring style is lovely btw... what about, if you like the style so much and the weight etc. makes it a bargain (279 quid aint that much of a bargain tho) getting a jewellery to alternate the stones from the earrings. i dont know how much it would cost but it might be nice and worth the effort but it all depends on how much you like them.

as for gems refusal to knock any money off and buggaring up your other things.. i think its the thicker end of the wedge tbh. we have been grumbling for a long time and things are only getting worse it seems. a lot of us have cut down massively on our spending with gems and tricks like this are not going to encourage us to return to them any time soon.

i hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction meesh

OMG just seen this, what gone wrong at Gems folks? I don't come on much now as I don't need anything and I get too tempted when I do and buy stuff I dont really want, so whats happened?

OMG so sorry to hear this Meesh :(

Something really needs to be done .... not good enough at all in this case is it? :mad:

.... and they must know how influential the forum is?

I see nearly 1,000 have read this thread already!

Derek? You responded on Melusina's 'positive' thread ... why not on this one?

And why hasn't CS re-registered after the shoppingtelly.com crash?

nevermind.gif
Meesh, at least you have 'other places' ;) you can spend your refund hun :D

To end on a positive note, thanks for the latest tweak to the website Gems :) ....
the BASKET TOTAL has now been removed from view and we just see a cute little shopping trolley
shop.gif

Thanks to everybody for your support and replies. Thought I'd give you an update ........

1. No word from GemsTV! :mad:
2. Earrings sent back yesterday. :rolleyes:
3. Large forward order cancelled with GemsTV. :D Made me feel better!

So to console myself ............. I went and bought a pretty yummy ring elsewhere - SO THERE GEMSTV! I wouldn't have had the money to do that if Gems hadn't messed me around and it would have been spent with them. Their loss - definitely not mine!!!

If I could work out how to get a yippee smilie (or in fact any non-standard smilies) I'd be posting one now!!!

Sorry to hear of your disappointment Meeshoo. They were beautiful earings.
As you know I am fairly new to Gems TV and have to say so far I have been very pleased with all aspects of their quality and service.
However, I have received items that were not in correct boxes, pendants in ring boxes etc which was not a problem as they were for me, but had it been for a gift it would not have looked right.
I also received a pair of earings that are going to be for a gift for my sister in a ring box, but luckily there was no damage, and I later received a ring in a plastic bag in an earing box so I was able to swap them over, but it would have looked funny giving them to her in a ring box.

Oh Glitzy that's not good. I wonder if Gems are having a supply problem with their boxes. Reading this thread it seems loads of people haven't had the normal GemsTV boxes. The stupid thing is as Jo said earlier, most of us have tons of them taking up space!!!

Couldn't agree more BC! In fact, when you find that vice, let me know and I'll join you (in the platonic sense you understand).

Thought you all might like to see the box that the earrings came in. Not very GemsTV is it? It's actually a necklace/pendant box and as you'll see, I've put the earrings inside (minus the bags so they can move around more) and the box doesn't shut!!!

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

That is just shoddy. How can they be expected to be taken as serious contenders to mainstream jewellers with that type of presentation?

You think thats bad - take a look at what they used to send them in - this is Darlenes box :eek::eek:

DSCF3231Large.jpg

And it still cracks me up laughing when I see it!
c008.gif

You think thats bad - take a look at what they used to send them in - this is Darlenes box :eek::eek:

DSCF3231Large.jpg

And it still cracks me up laughing when I see it!
c008.gif

I'd forgotten about that box!!!!! Thanks for reminder, still sooooo funny!!! :p

OK I did not sit on Darls' box!:eek:

Know what I think this is the beginning of the end for Gems. I believe they just do not care anymore, but will be in for a really big shock when the credit crunch(recession) really starts to bite them. You would think they would really make an efford to keep customers happy and keep them coming back.

OK I have not bought anything since March, nothing has made me sit up and think I must have that. Even the discount codes, I just wander the site like a lost soul looking for something.

Hear that sound? Its the tolling of the bell on Gems.

Latest posts

Back