1.75 Grams of Gold in a Lorique Ring?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Kitty

AKA Broomstick Babe
3.55ct AAA Tanzanite & Diamond Lorique 18K Gold Ring - SQVJ98. Sold for £849, which is a great price. However, using 1.75g of gold is not good. It's so lightweight it will bend or snap. It is a knife edge design but does not need to be so thin. Poor show.

Surely that weight is a mistake??? You can't have a Lorique with so little gold!!! :eek:

Well, it did look thin. And with 18ct gold being much softer than the 9ct type I can only imagine what it will look like after a couple of wears. :sad:

[h=2]Something suggested as suitable for an engagement ring. Closed at £649, so again a good price. However, only 1.45g this time. Not something that will hold up for everyday wear.

Design Description[/h]
An elegant Ring from the Tomas Rae Collection, set into 9K Gold & featuring a 0.50ct I1-I2 Grade Diamond from South Africa, E-F colour. Each Ring comes with its own unique Authenticity Card from EGL.
[h=2]Design Details[/h]
Design CodeJRKS11
StyleRing
Precious metal9k Yellow Gold
Weight1.45g
Number of Gemstones1
Total Carat Weight0.50Cts

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

3.55ct AAA Tanzanite & Diamond Lorique 18K Gold Ring -
SQVJ98. Sold for £849, which is a great price. However, using 1.75g of gold is not good. It's so lightweight it will bend or snap. It is a knife edge design but does not need to be so thin. Poor show.

Most definitely! With such a large stone set in this minimal amount of gold, it must look top heavy? As Tanzanite is a rather fragile stone anyway, its setting should be suitably robust!

Not being a fan of flimsy low metal weight rings I haven't been tempted for over a year....:angel:
except for a couple of pretty silver rings in the early spring!

Last edited:
They do seem to have a profusion of massive gems teetering unsteadily on a whisper of metal lately....

I only really like the Tookalon range - lots of nice chunky silver safely holding a stone - other than that, I'm distinctly unimpressed with what Gems are doing, especially those bleedin' accent diamonds that look like gravel!

Jinny x

Excuse my ignorance but what kind of weight should you look for in different types of gem-set rings? I was looking at VBPS36 on Gems and it only has 1.46g and I am expecting delivery of GFSV35 tomorrow (to match a pair of earrings) which has 1.9g. Should I be worried?

Latest posts

Back