Problems getting repairs done.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sarah444

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone. I've been a reader for a while but this is my first post on here and I've been moved to do so as I feel so let down by TJC and I think people should be warned about what can happen when something goes wrong with something they order. I'd also like to know if anyone else has had similar problems.

I've shopped with TJC for a couple of years (far too much!) and in general I've been very impressed with them, until something goes wrong. Over time I've had to sent back three things for repair, none of which were handled well. One item (a pendant) they chose to refund rather than repair without telling me or offering me the option of getting it repaired myself, the second (a diamond earring) they tried to charge me for due to wear and tear until I pointed out that earrings don'r really get much wear and tear in your ears and that the earring I sent them was in perfect condition except for the missing diamond, after which they reluctantly agreed to fix it at no charge.

However by far the worst horror story is a white gold Iliana pendant that I have now sent back three times because the diamonds kept falling out. In fairness to them they repaired it twice (albeit without a refund for the cost of returning it) but this time they say it is down to wear and tear and are making me pay for it. I like the pendant a lot but its quite glitzy so I don't wear it very often so I could argue the toss about how much wear and tear an item made of metal and supposedly from one of TJC's high-end ranges is subject to worn infrequently around the neck but I won't; will pay £39 for the repair because I like the pendant. Although obviously going forward I will only wear it if I plan on sitting perfectly still for the evening in case moving inflicts more wear and tear!

What really has me miffed is the fact that I sent the pendant off to Maker Mends at the end of October and it was only today that I was told what was going on with it when I finally called them after they ignored the last two emails I sent and I think that's really poor. It is also a big contrast to my positive experiences with customer services at other channels such as Gems TV and QVC, and because of it I will not be buying from TJC again.

That is really bad service Sarah and I hope that someone from TJC reads this and makes amends. They should be bending over backwards to help out with any repairs but when it is from their premium range they should really go out and out to make good.

PJ

I've not needed TJC customer services for a while but, apart from one ring, have only ever had to return items that had immediate issues, such as earrings impossible to wear because the posts were too thick, if fact I returned a pair yesterday under statutory rights which hopefully will be dealt with without any contact. I've had some items returned with problem resolved, for others they have made a refund. I don't personally mind which.

I have found customer services generally OK, sometimes things take a while. CS Manager Miles Orru was exceptionally helpful. Mike Wall took his place earlier this year, fortunately I've not as yet required his help, but it might be worth you contacting him?

As for Maker Mends, I can’t speak too highly of them or the quality of their work. In fact I've just used them to convert some Iliana jewellery into a new ring, which is stunning. That said, there were emails that neither they nor I received so that might be a problem?

It's all down to personal experiences at the end of the day but, although TJC is not what it was, they shouldn't let CS slip by the wayside, sounds like you've been really unlucky?

Sarah I'm sure Mike or Rupinder will help you as this forum is monitored by CS. :hi: Now are you sure you didn't shake yourself about TOO much whilst wearing your pendant hon?? :wink:

Frazzled your new creation sounds interesting, fancy posting a pic for me in the Drop?? :happy:

Thanks very much for the suggestions. The names are particularly helpful as when I called TJC this morning and asked for the contact details of the customer services manager so I could make my complaint (having emailed the request several days ago and got no response) I was told by the girl that I spoke to that they don't have a customer services manager. It was at that point that I started to get more than a bit stroppy!

Sarah I'm sure Mike or Rupinder will help you as this forum is monitored by CS. :hi: [B]Now are you sure you didn't shake yourself about TOO much whilst wearing your pendant hon?? :wink:

Frazzled your new creation sounds interesting, fancy posting a pic for me in the Drop?? :happy:
[/B]

I reckon Sarah's bin overdoin' it with the old
1.gif

Sorry Sarah, I just can't help meself. xxxxx

Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear you've had problems as previously said Miles was excellent at sorting out problems and left a hard act to follow but this is an extract with his replacement Mike Wall's details from his farewell email so try emailing or ringing him !

'if you have any future queries with regards to purchases, please contact Mike Wall, Operations Manager on 0208 783 3444 or at [email protected] who will be more than happy to assist.'

Sarah - can you post a link or photo of the item? I wonder if there is a flaw in the design?

Hi Meeshoo.

I can’t post a picture as the pendant is still with TJC for repair and the item (no 590069) is not in stock on the website. It’s a lovely circle of life 1ct design with three circles of diamonds – slightly bigger ones in the middle circle framed by smaller diamonds in the inner and outer circles. I’ve not seen the Iliana one on screen for a while but they do a 9ct gold version that I have seen more recently, in fact I think it was a ‘one to own’ a few weeks back.

The good news is Rupinder called me on Friday to apologise and said they are going to check the integrity of the pendant, do the repair free of charge and rush it through so I have it back for Christmas. While it shouldn't have happened in the first place I do really appreciate that she picked up the phone and is taking steps to sort the problem out

Many thanks again to everyone for their help and suggestions; not so many to the two people that felt the need to take the p*ss!!!

No-one was taking the pi$$ Sarah, just having some harmless banter. Chill out, it's Xmas and you got what you wanted, probably because of our responses to your complaint.

Latest posts

Back