Problems checking out the basket again (after Glenn Lehrer this time)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anjo

Registered Shopper
Have to say loved the Glenn Lehrer show this evening - brought a couple of pieces as I will struggle to be able to watch on Sunday - just gone to check out as Steve specifically asked during the show that online bidders check out baskets promptly only to find one of the pieces has been oversold - presumably to a telephone bidder. For all I know both pieces have been oversold and I have nothing.

Hugely disappointed as the same thing happened to me recently when astraeolite was launched - that time customer services explained to me that it was due to a technical clitch - really? it smacks to me that preference is being given to telephone customers. If that's the reality Gems TV should be honest and say so

What a let down ...............

Arghh forgot about this hour! Can't seem to find any pics on the website of what was on offer.

What price point were these?

Tvs

the price points were excellent - between £199 to about £400 for limited edition pieces - there is another show on Sunday at 5pm

Some of the pieces are showing on the gemstv website now. I searched under "lehrer". Prices are higher than the live auctions but if there was a piece you didn't get Anjo it may be worth another phone call.

Thanks Glitterbug - will do that veeeeeeeeery soon.

All credit to Gems, apologised and they're going to try and sort me out (many have tried) and if needs be I'll be chatting to the fab Aaron in customer services on Monday. (I know Aaron is fab as he has sorted me out before without any hassle.)

As a very cheeky measure I've borrowed a mates tablet and am planning on sneaking out of a drinks do for a bit tomorrow to see if I can pick up a replacement pendant. Fingers crossed it all goes well for me tomorrow.

If you missed the first show I can't recommend enough that you try and catch part 2. Glenn Lehrer is very enigmatic and the pieces certainly looked stunning down the internet. Am lucky enough to have an amethyst pendant from the last time he was on Gems (not a torus piece) and it's beautiful - wear it loads and is always admired.

Very sorry to hear this Anjo. I was also caught out by the Astrolite - I was disappointed too.

Aaron is absolutely wonderful - so helpful and always offers the best customer service. I do hope they can sort you out on Monday.

TorusRing Pendants

Thanks Glitterbug - will do that veeeeeeeeery soon.

All credit to Gems, apologised and they're going to try and sort me out (many have tried) and if needs be I'll be chatting to the fab Aaron in customer services on Monday. (I know Aaron is fab as he has sorted me out before without any hassle.)

As a very cheeky measure I've borrowed a mates tablet and am planning on sneaking out of a drinks do for a bit tomorrow to see if I can pick up a replacement pendant. Fingers crossed it all goes well for me tomorrow.

If you missed the first show I can't recommend enough that you try and catch part 2. Glenn Lehrer is very enigmatic and the pieces certainly looked stunning down the internet. Am lucky enough to have an amethyst pendant from the last time he was on Gems (not a torus piece) and it's beautiful - wear it loads and is always admired.

Did you manage to find a replacement pendant Anjo, and if so how was it?

Steve did another hour last Sunday, pieces all seemed to sell like hotcakes but I see there are several designs now available on the website at a higher price. I wasn't quick enough to get one of the spiral pendants, so I wonder if some folks snatched pieces but then didn't check out....or more have been made available perhaps?

I cant understand why they put a Glen Lehrer hour on at sunday mid-day when so many of us are cooking the family lunch and would have no chance to watch and enjoy seeing these lovely pieces let alone purchase any of them
for those of you who where lucky enough to watch and buy I hope you are pleased with your gems because they do look gorgous

Did you manage to find a replacement pendant Anjo, and if so how was it?

Steve did another hour last Sunday, pieces all seemed to sell like hotcakes but I see there are several designs now available on the website at a higher price. I wasn't quick enough to get one of the spiral pendants, so I wonder if some folks snatched pieces but then didn't check out....or more have been made available perhaps?

I did get a replacement pendant thanks to Aaron (in their customer services) and Barry (Steve's PA) promptly sorting me out. I was also lucky enough to pick up another pendant at the weekend, adore this particular cut and the way it just throws light around. I'm hoping Steve does the Torus ring in amethyst and a pink stone of some variety.

Have to say loved the Glenn Lehrer show this evening - brought a couple of pieces as I will struggle to be able to watch on Sunday - just gone to check out as Steve specifically asked during the show that online bidders check out baskets promptly only to find one of the pieces has been oversold - presumably to a telephone bidder. For all I know both pieces have been oversold and I have nothing.

Hugely disappointed as the same thing happened to me recently when astraeolite was launched - that time customer services explained to me that it was due to a technical clitch - really? it smacks to me that preference is being given to telephone customers. If that's the reality Gems TV should be honest and say so

What a let down ...............

They should treat people equally wither on phone or the net or not offer to buy on the net. Sorry you were disappointed, they should at least let you be in the front of the queue for when they get new stock in.

PJ

I have recently made quite a few purchases and twice in this last week alone I have had items that have been added to my basket and then won't let me check out as: "this item can't be more than 0".

What's more annoying is that it doesn't just remove itself after it has told you but that you have to call or email customer service to have it removed!

I would say though that one of the pieces that I had to have removed I have just been able to re-add at the same price it was originally added to my basket through customer services. Someone else had added it to their basket and not checked out and CS told me what day and time it would be available if they didn't check-out which I thought was great service - and something that no-one else has done on all the other occasions that items have been oversold (it was Aaron BTW).

Latest posts

Back