Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh can't wait to find out what you get in your package Tarketta.

Decided to email Customer_Care, just to be on the safe side and this was their response to my request to ensure I got the advertised size:

Thanks for contacting QVC regarding Item number 208900.
We carried out a Quality Assurance stock check regarding the size/weight of this item. Our investigation is now complete and all of the stock we checked contained the correct 24g Bronze n Brighten Bronzer
We’re confident that all of our existing Laura Geller Supersize Bronze n Brighten Baked Bronzer is the correct weight (24g).
I do hope this helps and if there is anything else we can possibly do please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.
Kind Regards
Rebecca Duffy
Social Media QVC UK

I've just received my email saying exactly the same thing. I'm going to accept the offer of an exchange, I think that the email said that the replacement is going to be sent straight away, I mean, before they get mine back.

I've just received my email saying exactly the same thing. I'm going to accept the offer of an exchange, I think that said that the replacement is going to be sent straight away.

Good stuff, they can't pull the wool over our eyes on this forum :mysmilie_59:

Good stuff, they can't pull the wool over our eyes on this forum :mysmilie_59:

ST.com 1, QVC 0

(Of course, that's if you start now - I'm sure they've had the better of us many times in the past but everyone's fighting back!)

I got a follow up email that my replacement has been processed and the return label sent out. I think they are shaking in their boots for misselling the product and a possibility of being referred to the Trading Standards.

I got a follow up email that my replacement has been processed and the return label sent out. I think they are shaking in their boots for misselling the product and a possibility of being referred to the Trading Standards.

WELL my replacement has arrived and surprise surprise there is a tiny label covering the original stating 24g when the original label when i peeled it off is 20g
Now to trading standards
I don't really think they can it cover it up with a label and pretend - the whole batch should go back to Laura Geller

WELL my replacement has arrived and surprise surprise there is a tiny label covering the original stating 24g when the original label when i peeled it off is 20g
Now to trading standards
I don't really think they can it cover it up with a label and pretend - the whole batch should go back to Laura Geller

I realise it's hard to weigh the contents but do you know it is definitely not 24g net weight? Maybe the original 20g label was wrong (which would be so typical of QVC), in which case I don't think they are doing anything wrong putting a 24g label on it, as long as that's what the contents weigh. Trouble is, it's QVC so we are all assuming the worst. I agree it definitely needs investigating and I can see why you are annoyed.

this isn't the first time...

There was a TSV where there was a clear discrepancy between the labelled weight of a shadow (allegedly 7.5g) and I compared the weight of it against a similar-sized 1.8g eye shadow and they were virtually them same. QVC refused to back down so I sent the whole thing back but I wish I'd taken both shadows to Trading standards and got them to dig out the contents of each and weight them because, unless the plastic casing was dramatically different then they were either lying, or more likely couldn't be arsed checking. rome milan 1.8g.jpg Wish I'd taken it further!

Attachments

• combined weight.jpg
    combined weight.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 148
  • stone terracotta 7.5g.jpg
    stone terracotta 7.5g.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 154
Now to trading standards

I realise it's hard to weigh the contents but do you know it is definitely not 24g net weight? Maybe the original 20g label was wrong (which would be so typical of QVC), in which case I don't think they are doing anything wrong putting a 24g label on it, as long as that's what the contents weigh. Trouble is, it's QVC so we are all assuming the worst. I agree it definitely needs investigating and I can see why you are annoyed.

Righty ho, got mine earlier and like Sued's, there was a tiny sticker saying 24g covering the original label of 20g. I weighed it against the supersize B&B (20g, I've used some of it, sturdier packaging but the mirror in the B&B is smaller) and it was about 4g heavier so at a push it could be 24g and the LG packaging process must have cocked up and put the wrong label on originally. I'm really pleased with it and it's still sizeable so I'm gonna 'let it go', I'm just not 100% convinced it is the 24g as advertised!

Now to trading standards

I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!! (I do actually). Con artists!

There was a TSV where there was a clear discrepancy between the labelled weight of a shadow (allegedly 7.5g) and I compared the weight of it against a similar-sized 1.8g eye shadow and they were virtually them same. QVC refused to back down so I sent the whole thing back but I wish I'd taken both shadows to Trading standards and got them to dig out the contents of each and weight them because, unless the plastic casing was dramatically different then they were either lying, or more likely couldn't be arsed checking.View attachment 14110 Wish I'd taken it further!

You have the photos as evidence, perhaps you still can do it Akimbo?

Righty ho, got mine earlier and like Sued's, there was a tiny sticker saying 24g covering the original label of 20g. I weighed it against the supersize B&B (20g, I've used some of it, sturdier packaging but the mirror in the B&B is smaller) and it was about 4g heavier so at a push it could be 24g and the LG packaging process must have cocked up and put the wrong label on originally. I'm really pleased with it and it's still sizeable so I'm gonna 'let it go', I'm just not 100% convinced it is the 24g as advertised!

Tarketta you've given me an idea. I still have the old one, so when the new one arrives I shall weigh them both and post the photos on here.
I bet they are going to be the same weight in either case, whether they weigh 20g each or 24g each.

If they offered to refund the money and we keep the product this would save them the embarrassment. Sticking a new label on is not going to fool anyone especially we have seen the original.

Me too! I mentioned in another post the other day I don't always want these Supersizes, rather have smaller & cheaper.I use B&B but not tempted by the glow version, I don't want sheen.They did a travel size/ a normal size duo of B&B a while ago.I would like to say that was my idea as I met LG in her NY studio (that long ago) when I went in for the travel size of B&B & said why don't they do the 2 sizes as a duo!She said 'good idea'--then it was on Q (just saying!!).They could do a range of travel sizes more expensive g for g but I would give it a try then.

I'm well and truly over supersizes, as I like to chop and change products, and they're just a cheaper way for them to offer "added value". I've been wading my way through a 500ml L'Occitane Almond Oil for what feels like an eternity, and to be honest I'm sick of the sight of it cluttering up the bath tidy! Am now using it to shave my legs just to use it up.

The thing that gets me with Q is that they are, without a doubt, the most staggeringly incompetent company I've ever dealt with, and yet they have the cheek to act like we're trying to diddle them!!

I'm well and truly over supersizes, as I like to chop and change products, and they're just a cheaper way for them to offer "added value". I've been wading my way through a 500ml L'Occitane Almond Oil for what feels like an eternity, and to be honest I'm sick of the sight of it cluttering up the bath tidy! Am now using it to shave my legs just to use it up.

The thing that gets me with Q is that they are, without a doubt, the most staggeringly incompetent company I've ever dealt with, and yet they have the cheek to act like we're trying to diddle them!!

Got to agree with this.

I end up using a lot more than I need to just to use it up quicker. Total false economy. Same with stockpiling. I'll never buy a Limited Edition again in case I like it too much and end up with a stockpile that I don't use as something better ALWAYS comes along.

And as for them being incompetent, well, last night's Kipling OTO was a perfect example.

June's BPOTM is from Bobbi Brown!!!

I was wondering if it would be as quite a few shows by BB in June!

This is it

Bobbi Brown Perfect Summer Lip Duo
QVC Price £34.50
P&P: £0.00

This Perfect Summer Lip Collection from Bobbi Brown features the bestselling Lip Colour lipstick and Art Stick in the complementing shades of your choice, as well as a gold make-up bag which is the perfect size to fit all of your summer essentials inside. Choose your favourite shade and create a gorgeously creamy, full-coverage lip look.

The Art Stick - this chunky pencil gives you lipstick and liner in one, comfortable wear and a creamy matte finish

The Lip Colour - a non-drying formula that offers full-colour coverage and comfortable, long-lasting wear.

Nude option contains:
1 x Art Stick (5.6g) - in Rich Nude (pink-brown)
1 x Lip Colour (3.8g) - in Beige (light warm beige)

Pink option contains:
1 x Art Stick (5.6g) - in Dusty Pink (soft, neutral pink)
1 x Lip Colour (3.8g) - in Sandwash Pink (beige pink)

Red option contains:
1 x Art Stick (5.6g) - in Harlow Red (bright cherry)
1 x Lip Colour (3.8g) - in Red (fire engine red)

http://www.qvcuk.com/Bobbi-Brown-Perfect-Summer-Lip-Duo.product.232665.html?sc=SRCH

Last edited:
I've just had a peep on Bobbi Brown's official site & the art stick & lip colour are £44.50 so it's a good price for a change. I don't think the majority of BPOTM's are particularly great prices so pleasantly surprised & may have to treat myself. I've never tried Bobbi Brown before so this might be the time to do so! Not sure what colour to go for so look forward to the demos.

i love bobbi brown but have a palette to use up from an "as is" purchase and bought some lip producs from mac so no need for this. but will watch :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back