Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Heading into summer, a full coverage foundation? I don't get it....

Is it only me that wears full coverage foundation all year round? My skin is no different in the summer and I definitely can’t get away with tinted moisturisers (I don’t cake it on though so I don’t think I overdo it). I was going to ask on here if anyone had any thoughts about what makeup to take when I go to the south of France at the end of the month (probably not 30c plus but very likely warm and sunny). I’m dreading it now if I can’t cover my uneven skin at some of the smart events. Help!

(I wasn’t going to buy this BPOTM, by the way, as I have plenty of foundations.)

Is it only me that wears full coverage foundation all year round? My skin is no different in the summer and I definitely can’t get away with tinted moisturisers (I don’t cake it on though so I don’t think I overdo it). I was going to ask on here if anyone had any thoughts about what makeup to take when I go to the south of France at the end of the month (probably not 30c plus but very likely warm and sunny). I’m dreading it now if I can’t cover my uneven skin at some of the smart events. Help!

(I wasn’t going to buy this BPOTM, by the way, as I have plenty of foundations.)

I wear full coverage foundation all year round too - tinted moisturisers are my enemy in hotter weather anyway as my face goes into oil overdrive!

Re your upcoming trip, I've recently tried the Tarte RotS foundation for the first time and was very impressed - it's light enough to use during the warmer weather (I do not like thicker foundations when it's warmer) but still gives decent coverage. I do find powder foundations go a bit claggy on my skin during warmer weather, but everyone's different of course.

I wear full coverage foundation all year round too - tinted moisturisers are my enemy in hotter weather anyway as my face goes into oil overdrive!

Re your upcoming trip, I've recently tried the Tarte RotS foundation for the first time and was very impressed - it's light enough to use during the warmer weather (I do not like thicker foundations when it's warmer) but still gives decent coverage. I do find powder foundations go a bit claggy on my skin during warmer weather, but everyone's different of course.

Thank you, Tarketta. That’s really helpful. I like the sound of the Tarte foundation. I know what you mean about powders, too - I can’t get on with Laura Geller, etc, anyway and actually use anything powder on my face sparingly.

I have just tried something which kind of worked. I used a very small amount of IT Bye Bye Under Eye (a Supersize of the Month, or whatever it’s called, a while back - and thanks to Donna for reviewing and recommending that at the time). On air they show it used as a foundation - I find it far too thick for that but a tiny, tiny bit dabbed on my cheeks and blended out as a basic coverage seems to work. I then used a lightish foundation (not much) over the top and I think I can get away with something like that as it seems to have evened me out quite well. Need to experiment a bit more though.

Thanks again.

Thank you, Tarketta. That’s really helpful. I like the sound of the Tarte foundation. I know what you mean about powders, too - I can’t get on with Laura Geller, etc, anyway and actually use anything powder on my face sparingly.

I have just tried something which kind of worked. I used a very small amount of IT Bye Bye Under Eye (a Supersize of the Month, or whatever it’s called, a while back - and thanks to Donna for reviewing and recommending that at the time). On air they show it used as a foundation - I find it far too thick for that but a tiny, tiny bit dabbed on my cheeks and blended out as a basic coverage seems to work. I then used a lightish foundation (not much) over the top and I think I can get away with something like that as it seems to have evened me out quite well. Need to experiment a bit more though.

Thanks again.

That's reminded me of the always excellent Doll 10 'Conceal-it' - it gives excellent coverage with very little product and despite its appearance, it's actually very light on the skin. I can wear both Light and Medium and the duo Q sells is excellent value as it lasts for yonks!

That's reminded me of the always excellent Doll 10 'Conceal-it' - it gives excellent coverage with very little product and despite its appearance, it's actually very light on the skin. I can wear both Light and Medium and the duo Q sells is excellent value as it lasts for yonks!

I love the Doll10 concealer and always try to get the duo. My other favourite is the Benefit Industrial Strength one. I think that has a bit more staying power so use it when going out for hours, like theatre trips. But both are excellent and I have gone through loads before hitting paydirt with these two. If you need to cover a large area (thread veins on left cheek for me) then some brands just don't have the spreadability.

I also use full makeup all year round and last year got on very well with the LG Matte Maker powder which is incredibly light. I even did well on the Tube! I ventured into a NYK shop this year (or as my friend calls it, that frightening black makeup shop) and they do a white powder too so I got that to test as an alternative to LG, after the financial news for her company didn't sound too good! In fact I bought loads of foundation, primer and brushes in an effort to find alternatives so that was a VERY expensive venture. Colour matching is a nightmare for me.

Fab! Off to look that one up! Cheers.

I love the Doll10 concealer and always try to get the duo. My other favourite is the Benefit Industrial Strength one. I think that has a bit more staying power so use it when going out for hours, like theatre trips. But both are excellent and I have gone through loads before hitting paydirt with these two. If you need to cover a large area (thread veins on left cheek for me) then some brands just don't have the spreadability.

I also use full makeup all year round and last year got on very well with the LG Matte Maker powder which is incredibly light. I even did well on the Tube! I ventured into a NYK shop this year (or as my friend calls it, that frightening black makeup shop) and they do a white powder too so I got that to test as an alternative to LG, after the financial news for her company didn't sound too good! In fact I bought loads of foundation, primer and brushes in an effort to find alternatives so that was a VERY expensive venture. Colour matching is a nightmare for me.

I'm really encouraged by responses here. It's so long since I've been on a sun holiday and even then they were more casual so it didn't matter so much that my skin wasn't flawless. We have had some glorious summers here so I should know I usually manage makeup-wise, but that's again on an everyday casual level whereas I need to make more of an effort when I go away this time. I am going to go through what I have in my makeup, experiment and also look at the Doll 10 stuff, I think.

When the recent offer on the Decleor Gradual Glow in a huge bottle was mentioned on here, it reminded me I had a 250ml bottle of that in the cupboard so I've been using it the past week or two (most nights). I really like it. It was a bit uneven at one stage so I stopped for a few days, exfoliated and carried on and seems good again. The bottle I have is lasting forever.

Also, was it llloyd who mentioned Malibu Miracle Tan? I found a bottle in Savers but haven't tried it yet as not sure when to start. I know it's a pre-tan which gives tanning a kickstart, but do you get any colour from it at all before you actually go in the sun? I am a bit confused by it still, as you can tell! I just wonder if I should stop using the Decleor Gradual Glow before I go away and switch to this.

The man demo'ing Isle of Paradise fake tan just said it doesn't go orange! WTF? LOOK AT THE MODELS!!! :mysmilie_11:

CC

When the recent offer on the Decleor Gradual Glow in a huge bottle was mentioned on here, it reminded me I had a 250ml bottle of that in the cupboard so I've been using it the past week or two (most nights). I really like it. It was a bit uneven at one stage so I stopped for a few days, exfoliated and carried on and seems good again. The bottle I have is lasting forever.

Also, was it llloyd who mentioned Malibu Miracle Tan? I found a bottle in Savers but haven't tried it yet as not sure when to start. I know it's a pre-tan which gives tanning a kickstart, but do you get any colour from it at all before you actually go in the sun? I am a bit confused by it still, as you can tell! I just wonder if I should stop using the Decleor Gradual Glow before I go away and switch to this.

I use the gradual glow on my face, I used to have to use it on my lower legs as never got tanned. After using Miracle tan before , during and after holidays I now have tanned legs. I did put my face in the sun a little bit this time, it went dry so will revert to gradual glow or James Read on my face to match the rest of me.

I prefer Miracle tan to Gatineau pre tan accelerator as I found Gatineau “rolled off”. It’s a lot lot cheaper too and a nicer smell.

May’s Supersize Of The Month

Doesn’t make you orange honestly it doesn’t :mysmilie_17:

B09C3372-4362-4AA7-BE81-8BA3F95B144A.jpg

Latest posts

Back