Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find the Elemis cleansing balm very highly scented, prefer Emma Hardie or even M&S own one which smells of coconut.

I must be coconut shy (anyone remember those in fairs?).

I love the smell of coconut, but hate it when it's not quite true to the scent I like iykwim. I can smell it in everything these days - Cadbury's chocolate, biscuits and other products with palm oil in.

I love the smell of EH but found it going gritty towards the end of the pot. I've gone through a few now and they've all done that. Anyone else have that problem?

I really love the Elemis balm in its normal formulation but agree it is very highly perfumed. I am now trying to buy more DHS cleansers to break my habit of buying the Q brands! I have some from Boots I haven't yet tried, despite buying months ago! So unless they come in a TSV I shall try to resist! My most radical plan is to replace my Decleor cleanser and toner (which I prefer to use at night if I have worn makeup) with Simple ones!!! When I was having chemo I was told only to use this brand by the hospital and found it perfectly OK. I still have 2 large bottles of Decleor to go so my resolve may weaken, LOL. On non makeup days I am currently using that Decleor one where you shake it up to combine the two liquids. It seems effective but rather oily on the skin. That does mean the night balm spreads very easily but I am not too sure an oily residue is a good thing. Does anyone else find this?

I'm the same, Mazza. I have bought up a lot of the cleanser recommendations on here (Boots, Superdrug, etc) and they are still "in the queue", waiting to be used while rapidly approaching their "best by" dates! I'm currently using up a Boots Cold Cream cleanser which was pretty cheap but recommended on a magazine website when I was looking for "best cleansers on a budget" or some such. I doubt I'll re-purchase this one. It's effective enough but I don't like how hard it is to remove the cream itself, despite using a muslin or other cloth several times and rinsing it out over and over. It leaves a sort of waxy residue which is quite nice to touch, though, as the skin feels plumped and moist (I only use it at night).

I must be coconut shy (anyone remember those in fairs?).

I love the smell of coconut, but hate it when it's not quite true to the scent I like iykwim. I can smell it in everything these days - Cadbury's chocolate, biscuits and other products with palm oil in.

I love the smell of EH but found it going gritty towards the end of the pot. I've gone through a few now and they've all done that. Anyone else have that problem?
Yes, I have the same problem with my current EH Balm, but haven't experienced that before.

Supersize of the month is

M. Asam Supersize Perfect Lift 100ml £35.48 plus £1.95 postage
https://www.qvcuk.com/M-Asam-Supersize-Perfect-Lift-100ml.product.238591.html?sc=SRCH

I bought some of this serum from IW a while back, it was Julian Ballantyne that was selling it and I got a tube for face and one for eyes for I think it was £30 all in. It works. If you use too much it dries white on your skin so you only need a small amount but for getting rid of crows feet it is like magic. They come back of course but if you're going on a special night out it's worth the effort to fill in the lines. I would buy it again - I'm assuming it's similar stuff to the M Asam.

CC

Is it the same as the M. Asam "perfect teint" product? The problem with this type of product is that they appear to work while your face is immobile. I found once I smile or speak the lines are just the same as ever. They must select the models who can keep their face as blank as possible, or the models like Frankie whose faces are naturally asymmetrical to demo the "lifting" affect. Now if the used Frankie and lifted to other side of her face I'd be impressed.

I bought some of this serum from IW a while back, it was Julian Ballantyne that was selling it and I got a tube for face and one for eyes for I think it was £30 all in. It works. If you use too much it dries white on your skin so you only need a small amount but for getting rid of crows feet it is like magic. They come back of course but if you're going on a special night out it's worth the effort to fill in the lines. I would buy it again - I'm assuming it's similar stuff to the M Asam.

CC

Did you find it rolled off when applying makeup, CC? These things are in affect egg white - the protein dries & lifts.

Is it the same as the M. Asam "perfect teint" product? The problem with this type of product is that they appear to work while your face is immobile. I found once I smile or speak the lines are just the same as ever. They must select the models who can keep their face as blank as possible, or the models like Frankie whose faces are naturally asymmetrical to demo the "lifting" affect. Now if the used Frankie and lifted to other side of her face I'd be impressed.

The perfect teint is like a primer/heavy silicone that fills in lines - it's rubbish & rolls like mad. Lost patience to try under makeup - a disaster I expect. the Assam is different - that's the protein one I mention, & I expect for all but the slightest wrinkles, it doesn't last that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had that problem with EH balm. But a little tip, if it does that pop in the microwave for a few seconds. It melts the balm which will harden agree as normal but melts the gritty bits.

Oh, I am currently using the M&S own version which smells like coconut, but you use very very little of it less that EH or Elemis. I have plastic scoop thing and first time using the same amount as I would with EH or Elemis balm(size of a hazelnut) and it was far too much the size of a garden pea for that one.

I save a fortune but probably look like an old hag as any product with a hint of perfume is a total no no for me.

Even items which declare themselves as fragrance free often aren’t and it isn’t always perfumed items that cause the problem plant extracts can be a big problem for me.

Have you tried Rosehip oil? I have extremely sensitive skin & always carry anti-histamine tablets & rosehip oil in case I get a reaction to skin products or make-up. I do tend to stick to what suits my skin but occasionally I can get a flare up. My skin resembles a reptile & my eyes usually become really sore & dry. I picked up the tip from Alison Young as you can use it as a cleanser when your skin is so sore & can be used on your eye lids too. Just wanted to pass it on as it is a real pain!

Have you tried Rosehip oil? I have extremely sensitive skin & always carry anti-histamine tablets & rosehip oil in case I get a reaction to skin products or make-up. I do tend to stick to what suits my skin but occasionally I can get a flare up. My skin resembles a reptile & my eyes usually become really sore & dry. I picked up the tip from Alison Young as you can use it as a cleanser when your skin is so sore & can be used on your eye lids too. Just wanted to pass it on as it is a real pain!

I buy organic rosehip oil and love it for my sensitive skin.A while ago I bought a Decleor Amara oil and my skin hated it and broke out. Rosehip oil can also be used around the eyes and I also love squalene as a facial oil too but it has to be real squalene not an oil which contains just a small amount of it.

Philip Kingsley on Q seems to be a one product brand.

Nowadays with the "clean" and "green" beauty movements unscented is the way most products are going. So in Q's insistence on new products to flog they are going in the opposite direction.

Latest posts

Back