Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Washing Gestapo?! Really?
Yes, really....(I know!!!!) Really wish 'they'd' **** off.

I bought and returned the same cloths. Mean sizes and nothing special imo. Flannels are better and usually cheaper for a bigger size. And now many shops sell them in bundles.
And old flannels='new' dishcloths/dusters/other

😮 I’ve never heard of anyone doing that before would love to see a pic.
Here’s the link to the pattern and yarn I use

The yarn is 70p a ball in the sale and comes in lovely colours.

Here’s the link to the pattern and yarn I use

The yarn is 70p a ball in the sale and comes in lovely colours.
Wrong link…

It’s the green and white bottle, Hydrating cleanser. It doesn’t feel very hydrating to me, that’s for sure. Maybe I should have tried the blue and white one? Forget what that’s called, is it sensitive? Or maybe dry.
Aha. Not that one, very non remarkable & not really hydrating.

The one you want is the Smoothing cleanser (same bottle, liquid formula, pump etc) It's clear plastic with blue writing that says SA on th epump. Not to be mixed with the new 'blemish formula'. The SA one Contains Niacinade & salycilic, Hyaluronic,& the ceramides. Great workhorse, affordable. Not for thjose who want a spa experience, or who have papery dry skin. Great for summer skin, men & oilies. Switch out with a cream cleanser for 'drier' days. I don't have oily skin & lik eit a lot for the smoothing properties. If you hate it (you won't) us ein shower for chicken skin/any spot prone,lumpy areas.

Does anyone have a Costco membership? I use their white cotton terry 'workshop' cloths. They're larger than normal face cloths (even Tesco's finest 33x33cm face cloths that are lovely), have a texture I love and are a pack of 52 for about £16.

I use a clean one every time then wring and hang on an airer until dry (they dry very quickly). Then they get thrown into the whites laundry bin. Any that are stained get a soak in a nappy fluid or hydrogen peroxide then thrown into washer when I have enough for a load. I started using Napisan in with my whites a few years ago so rarely need to soak pre-wash as this gets everything out and sanitises at the same time.

I tried the Emma Hardie cloths but the muslin bit was wearing out too quickly. They do make great house cloths when they're too worn for the face, though.
Is napisan better than vanish? Mine aren't filthy but some could be whiter. I refuse to have to soak my flannels for thr benefit of the Washing gestapo.

Goodness me how intrusive! Who looks at other peoples washing?!
Herr Gestapo!

It is on the front garden, I suppose?

I have a TWAT T towel (think Bard of Salford, John Cooper Clarke) made to look like the vintage orange penguin books. It's waiting to make its appearance.

It's something I've done ever since! I still shudder at the thought.
They smell of wet dog

Aha. Not that one, very non remarkable & not really hydrating.

The one you want is the Smoothing cleanser (same bottle, liquid formula, pump etc) It's clear plastic with blue writing that says SA on th epump. Not to be mixed with the new 'blemish formula'. The SA one Contains Niacinade & salycilic, Hyaluronic,& the ceramides. Great workhorse, affordable. Not for thjose who want a spa experience, or who have papery dry skin. Great for summer skin, men & oilies. Switch out with a cream cleanser for 'drier' days. I don't have oily skin & lik eit a lot for the smoothing properties. If you hate it (you won't) us ein shower for chicken skin/any spot prone,lumpy areas.
Thanks for the update. 😍 I'll add it to the list and try to buy the smaller size.

The Camomile Butter is really nice Mazza. I used to use the oil as well, but they changed the formulation about 18 months ago IIRC and it was awful after that so it's possible that it's now been discontinued. It wouldn't surprise me as the reviews for the new formulation weren't very good.

Edit, no, it's still available according to their website.

Oh thanks for that. The one I used was in a bigger, yellowish bottle and had a dispenser. I for some reason dont fancy this one! And if the reviews generally weren't as good I shall avoid it. Ive now been told the correct CeraVe to buy so shall pick up a few cleansers for the stash when I get near the bigger shops in Kingston. I may now bin the "wrong" CeraVe as I have used most of it. If it is making my skin feel dry and taut in this weather, can you imagine what it would be like in winter!? Luckily I am due to go to Kingston next Monday so it's going to be a cleansertastic day for me, 👍.

Worse, imo.

Definitely. At least wet dogs dry out and don't keep stinking away!

Is napisan better than vanish? Mine aren't filthy but some could be whiter. I refuse to have to soak my flannels for thr benefit of the Washing gestapo.

I have used both for whites but prefer Napisan. In my experience neither will bring back that sparkling white on a sunny day if they've greyed a little. Maybe you could try a hydrogen peroxide pre-wash.

I've found that keeping all the whites together from new and using Napisan from the start is the best way to stop the grey (I'm a poet and I didn't know it).

If you have sensitive skin avoid using some Vanish-type products and biological laundry detergent as the enzymes can irritate the skin if your washer's not the best at rinsing. Napisan doesn't irritate mine at all so is great for my needs.

Amazon also have the 100g of Unscented Pro-Collagen Balm on offer for £29.51. It's the first time I've heard about this one to be honest.

Amazon also have the 100g of Unscented Pro-Collagen Balm on offer for £29.51. It's the first time I've heard about this one to be honest.

thats a fairly new one but i think its been in 1 set on Q

Attachments

• Elemis 1.jpg
    Elemis 1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 85
Can we do a new thread for each month.

This has 100 pages and dates back to 2012!

I was thinking the same

also not being too interested in BPOTM might miss the more interesting discussions around the merits of flannels and Washing Gestapo if I don’t click on this thread 🤨
We prefer it to be one thread.

I was thinking the same

also not being too interested in BPOTM might miss the more interesting discussions around the merits of flannels and Washing Gestapo if I don’t click on this thread 🤨
Me too!

I never even look at this thread usually as sheer length off putting and not very interested in BPOTM - and/or can’t afford it!

But today I decided to have a peek and as you say I would’ve missed all the flannel chat!

Latest posts

Back