Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is that the Pure cleansing oil, Boffy? I’ve made a note to look for it next time I’m iver in Kingston. I might also pop in Body Shop there and see what they have. I quite fancy trying the Camomile Butter and the Lemon wash. They used to do a nice Camomile Oil but that seems to have vanished.
Ah yes I used to use the cleansing oil and really liked it - though application was a tad messy! - but too thought it had disappeared...

But I do love the butter in the tin. Find it goes a long way and usually get it when I get my £5 birthday voucher from BS (am a member of their beauty members thingy - free to join!)

It's something I've done ever since! I still shudder at the thought.
Oh yes musty not fully dried towels are horrid!
So “lucky” I live alone and don’t have anyone leaving wet towels lying around!

Mine go stsight on banister or in airing cupboard.

Which is where my damp cloths go too, on a line across the boiler in there.

I think damp flannels/cloths are worse even than towels.

I do have hyper-sensitivity to smells (and all of my senses too unfortunately, as symptom of illness), but even picking up a flannel that’s not been fully dried and has “that smell”, makes me gag!

In fact mostly these days I tend to use SBC pink shammy cloths?
(I bulk bought about 5!)

The brilliant thing is they dry quickly and dry hard...
So they don’t harbour bacteria like a flannel.

I rinse after each use, then pop on bath handle and they dry to a crisp quickly. Last forever and never had a smelly one!
I then machine wash them every so often...

£41 Delivered
As I suspected, it's not such a great deal IMO. Okay, you get the cloth and the bag, but the bag seems a bit of a pointless addition anyway if you ask me.
It does work out a bit cheaper than Amazon I suppose, but only very slightly, although I'm guessing Q will be banging on about how cheap it is compared to buying from Elemis direct.

£41 Delivered
As I suspected, it's not such a great deal IMO. Okay, you get the cloth and the bag, but the bag seems a bit of a pointless addition anyway if you ask me.
It does work out a bit cheaper than Amazon I suppose, but only very slightly, although I'm guessing Q will be banging on about how cheap it is compared to buying from Elemis direct.
Totally agree.
And Amazon will get it out to you faster, and refund if there’s a problem…

I always say you have to know your prices! And yes it’s cheaper than the £57 direct from Elemis, but there are other sellers…

They tend to do that, don't they....gits

I used CeraVe and found it completely joyless,I love balms and splashed out on Then I Met You cleansing balm which is lovely but pricey, if anyone is interested Alpha-H set of 7 Everyday Fresh Cotton Cloths are brilliant, £15 on Q.😊

These were a real desire of my heart at one time. I've got three and keep them in my stash. I look at them smile, stroke and move on. I have some flannels from Home Bargains for 29p. They are a bit thin which I like as they dry quickly. Hate with a passion towels that take an age to dry. Remember I lived north of the M62 and towels took ages to dry there.

Cloths, Emma Hardie the best. When they get discoloured over time, brilliant to use as cloths for cleaning the bathroom and kitchen worktops.

I have some of these but they are the last resort when I've not washed the other because of bad weather.

The cotton side seems to get smaller than the micro fibre. I can't get them to fold properly and smooth for my drawer. Not keen on their texture either.

I have the Aldi small towel rail that's similar to the Dry Soon. I usually hang my towels out to dry out after use but the rail is great on bad weather days. They still pop up every now and then. I think I paid about £35 for mine a good few years ago but have since seen them at £40.

My bugbear is damp towels. I stayed with a friend who left two on rotation in her bathroom and never changed them even for guests! Same two towels for everyone :sick:

I do not use a towel after anyone ever. Not keen on using one after myself sometimes. That is why I have thin towels so they dry quicker.

As a child at home we all had individual towels. We didn't even use each others towels from clean. My Mother was raised in a B&B then went to be a nurse. My linen cupboard is tidy to a small tiny loop of a towel of its life. It is tidy that satisfies a Matron from the 1950s. Even my dusters are folded and neat. My Mother gives me the evil eye for keeping dusters in the linen cupboard but they are clean so just fabric to me.

These were a real desire of my heart at one time. I've got three and keep them in my stash. I look at them smile, stroke and move on. I have some flannels from Home Bargains for 29p. They are a bit thin which I like as they dry quickly. Hate with a passion towels that take an age to dry. Remember I lived north of the M62 and towels took ages to dry there.

I have some of these but they are the last resort when I've not washed the other because of bad weather.

The cotton side seems to get smaller than the micro fibre. I can't get them to fold properly and smooth for my drawer. Not keen on their texture either.

I do not use a towel after anyone ever. Not keen on using one after myself sometimes. That is why I have thin towels so they dry quicker.

As a child at home we all had individual towels. We didn't even use each others towels from clean. My Mother was raised in a B&B then went to be a nurse. My linen cupboard is tidy to a small tiny loop of a towel of its life. It is tidy that satisfies a Matron from the 1950s. Even my dusters are folded and neat. My Mother gives me the evil eye for keeping dusters in the linen cupboard but they are clean so just fabric to me.
We always had our own hand towels as a kid. Mum had white towels with bold strips of colour down each side. Blue, green, red and gold (there were 4 in our house). Dad was colour blind so he always had the gold ones as they were the lightest in his eyes. The rest of us would get told when the towels were changed which one was ours.
Nowadays I have one colour for me and one for guests, then totally different colour hand towels for general use. They get changed the most.

Sadly, I don’t have that luxury. I hope you don’t think I’m a slattern - I wish I hadn’t admitted it now!
Slattern 😂😂😂 !
Reminds me of something totally unconnected to this thread, but I’m going to mention it anyway !

I’m researching my ‘family tree’ and came across the birth certificate of a great x 3 Aunt. No father given on the cert, and her mother’s occupation was recorded as “strumpet”. So sad, she must have led a horrible life.

Slattern 😂😂😂 !
Reminds me of something totally unconnected to this thread, but I’m going to mention it anyway !

I’m researching my ‘family tree’ and came across the birth certificate of a great x 3 Aunt. No father given on the cert, and her mother’s occupation was recorded as “strumpet”. So sad, she must have led a horrible life.
Oh my goodness! That is truly awful for your poor relative but how fascinating from a family history point of view.

There was no sparing the feelings, euphemisms or p.c. language back in the day.
There has always been far more negative language directed at women who either turned to sex work out of necessity, or simply enjoyed sex. So many laws and attitudes have come into being to control women's sexuality and bodies... and when you look around, there are still many counties where women do not have the rights we take as a given. And of course there's the massive double standard. We all recognise strumpet, but how about its male equivalent?

Slattern 😂😂😂 !

That’s incredible! How weirdly judgmental of the recording officer. Different times, eh?!

I also found some newspaper reports of ‘Bastardy Law’ hearings in the 1840’s. An unmarried mother could lodge a claim against the man she said was the child’s father. A local committee would hold hearings. The woman gave her reasons for her claim (eg rape, promise of marriage) and the ‘accused’ man would state his defence. If the woman was successful she was awarded a weekly allowance from the man. The language used could be quite basic, the poor women having to give more intimate details of course😢.

So has anyone ordered the cleansing butter?
I wish I had grabbed the supersize rose they had recently….I got 50g of the rose and the neroli from eBay, and loved the rose.

Beauty Pick of the Month September

Algenist Supersize Genius Liquid Collagen Serum 60ml £89.97 Delivered

Supersize of the Month September

Laura Geller Deluxe Size Balance n Brighten & Glow Split 18g £39 + post

Beauty Steal of the Month September

Elizabeth Arden Blockbuster Best of Arden Collection £104.97 + post

Beauty Pick of the Month September

Algenist Supersize Genius Liquid Collagen Serum 60ml £89.97 Delivered

Supersize of the Month September

Laura Geller Deluxe Size Balance n Brighten & Glow Split 18g £39 + post

Beauty Steal of the Month September

Elizabeth Arden Blockbuster Best of Arden Collection £104.97 + post
2 of these items are already on advance order for October 🙄

Never mind it being called the Beauty Steal of the month, at £104.97 plus P&P, it sounds more like daylight robbery to me. 😳 I’m just glad I’ve never been persuaded by these expensive brands, especially at the moment. The cheaper ones suit my skin just fine.

Latest posts

Back