Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WHAT a hilarious (typical QVC) cock up, they're all there in their stupid 'team bold' or 'team nude' badges, well QVC has listed the bold option as 'bright' if you want to order it. They can't get anything right even if it's ****** obvious :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_11:

the bold looks nice i wonder if they last though hate lipstick i have to top up every hour. anyone tried these

I have some mini moxie lipsticks. They are certainly more moisturing than most and feel soft on your lips, the pigment is good and is that of a quality lipstick. As for how long they last - I guess it's like any lipstick really, if you're eating and drinking it will come off and need topping up afterwards, but it does seem to stay put for quite a while if you don't.

I have some mini moxie lipsticks. They are certainly more moisturing than most and feel soft on your lips, the pigment is good and is that of a quality lipstick. As for how long they last - I guess it's like any lipstick really, if you're eating and drinking it will come off and need topping up afterwards, but it does seem to stay put for quite a while if you don't.

may go for these if they are properly pigmented the coliurs look nice in both options. its funny i love good nudes but the brights look gorgeous to

may go for these if they are properly pigmented the coliurs look nice in both options. its funny i love good nudes but the brights look gorgeous to

I bought the previous set of Moxie nudes they did a couple of months ago and absolutely love them - Take Charge is stunning (also in this set) and they really are lovely lipsticks. Despite having brightly coloured lipsticks coming out of my ears, I'm simply going to have to cave and buy the brights trio as I genuinely don't think I have the darker berry colour, I can give the pink one to a friend and the red looks gorgeous (always on the hunt for that perfect red) - darn it, I'm so weak, sob!!!!!

I bought the previous set of Moxie nudes they did a couple of months ago and absolutely love them - Take Charge is stunning (also in this set) and they really are lovely lipsticks. Despite having brightly coloured lipsticks coming out of my ears, I'm simply going to have to cave and buy the brights trio as I genuinely don't think I have the darker berry colour, I can give the pink one to a friend and the red looks gorgeous (always on the hunt for that perfect red) - darn it, I'm so weak, sob!!!!!

You are not alone!! I only started my self-imposed make-up embargo a week or two ago, and am failing miserably already. The elements conspired against me on Thursday, when I was out shopping with my Mum. We weren't planning to go anywhere near the temptations (for me - she barely likes shopping, leave alone make-up! We often joke we don't know how she had me!) of Debenhams, but my Mum needed the loo, and £86 later.. :doh: Mind you, speaking to the lady on the Benefit counter - who said she had cases and cases just for her foundations - made me feel a lot better about my stash. She performed a similar role that I would for anyone feeling bad about the size of their Lola Rose collection. I'm not going to be able to resist the nudes, I'm obsessed with lip products..

You are not alone!! I only started my self-imposed make-up embargo a week or two ago, and am failing miserably already. The elements conspired against me on Thursday, when I was out shopping with my Mum. We weren't planning to go anywhere near the temptations (for me - she barely likes shopping, leave alone make-up! We often joke we don't know how she had me!) of Debenhams, but my Mum needed the loo, and £86 later.. :doh: Mind you, speaking to the lady on the Benefit counter - who said she had cases and cases just for her foundations - made me feel a lot better about my stash. She performed a similar role that I would for anyone feeling bad about the size of their Lola Rose collection. I'm not going to be able to resist the nudes, I'm obsessed with lip products..

So true! Over the years, I've managed to kick various 'habits', including shoes, clothes, accessories etc etc but I just cannot kick the makeup/toiletries/candles habit, I'm like a magpie!!! Needless to say, I ordered the brights options, sigh...

There's the problem! The minute you say you can't buy makeup (or whatever it is) you can't think of anything else up. Same problem with diets... the minute you say you can't have wine/chocolate/crisps/ [insert your downfall] that's the only thing you can think of... you set yourself up to fail.

Not sure what will work for you in stopping the spending, but one of my strategies is that I just tell myself that "today I choose not to have xxx". One of my other strategies is to be actively and consciously saving for something (currently it's my brother's 50th birthday in April, and he wants a holiday) that won't happen if I spend all my spare cash. We're individual, so while those work for me, they may not work for you.

On the lippy front, I've never found any brand with any staying power, and rarely do more than a lip balm type product these days.

I caved, didn't last long and bought the nude option yesterday morning.

If I'm interested in a bpotm I usually have it on my wish list for the entire month (and don't end up buying it), but this time I just bought it!!!

I caved, didn't last long and bought the nude option yesterday morning.

If I'm interested in a bpotm I usually have it on my wish list for the entire month (and don't end up buying it), but this time I just bought it!!!

My Mum was asking for Christmas ideas for me, so I mentioned the nude option of this set. Were you pleased with them? :happy:

Thanks. My money is safe. Have two of these products already and not interested in an eyelash curler.

I had a feeling it might be a tarte bpotm as Leigh mentioned she was back this month and she was only here last month.

Dunno, think an eyelash curler is a bit superfluous to requirements these days as most mascara presentations seem to mention the wand does the work of one?!? Also, that mascara is the one you got in the Tili box so I'm thinking ooooooold stock they're trying to get rid of...

Dunno, think an eyelash curler is a bit superfluous to requirements these days as most mascara presentations seem to mention the wand does the work of one?!? Also, that mascara is the one you got in the Tili box so I'm thinking ooooooold stock they're trying to get rid of...

I have had about half a dozen eyelash curlers over the years, mainly received in sets, never actually bought on purpose, and have given them away as I don't use the things. I hate them. And I agree they are superfluous.

My Mum was asking for Christmas ideas for me, so I mentioned the nude option of this set. Were you pleased with them? :happy:

unnamed.jpg

unnamed1.jpg

My favourite of the three is Take Charge (middle). It's dark, but not deep. The most natural one is Lift Spirits (right), which almost looks to be the darkest from the sticker, it isn't. The Do It All (left) shade is very light. I don't wear that one so much.

View attachment 12884

View attachment 12885

My favourite of the three is Take Charge (middle). It's dark, but not deep. The most natural one is Lift Spirits (right), which almost looks to be the darkest from the sticker, it isn't. The Do It All (left) shade is very light. I don't wear that one so much.

Thanks very much for doing that, they look different to how they looked on screen swatched on your hand. Look like nice, wearable colours. :mysmilie_59:

I'm gutted that I don't want the Tarte BPOTM! Find that primer quite hard to cover, and the results were not comparable with the Maneater mascara. Wouldn't mind giving eyelash curlers another go, but I'd have preferred the blingy Curl Boss ones. Tarte fans have mascaras coming out of their ears, they've got so many lovely things on their website, why couldn't they have gone for something a bit more exciting? QVC certainly know how to bring out the beige in a range.

I do use eyelash curlers, I have very very straight lashes. Mine last for years as I buy good quality ones, current version Kevyn Aucoin which were £17.50 about 4 years ago. Strangely what is not known by main, the cheap ones do not suit every eye shape! Oh yes, Kevyn and Shu Uemura are great for smaller eyes as they are made in Japan. I do think this a rather boring Pick of the Month, but then I think QVC don't care about it much now.

I used eyelash curlers ever since I was a teenager as my lashes are very straight, but then one holiday last year I forgot to take them with me so had to go without, and to my disbelief my lashes opened up just as well with mascara alone. What a revelation. Now I don't bother using curlers unless I'm going out in the evening. Gives me a minute or two more in bed before getting up for work :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back