Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks very much for doing that, they look different to how they looked on screen swatched on your hand. Look like nice, wearable colours. :mysmilie_59:

I'm gutted that I don't want the Tarte BPOTM! Find that primer quite hard to cover, and the results were not comparable with the Maneater mascara. Wouldn't mind giving eyelash curlers another go, but I'd have preferred the blingy Curl Boss ones. Tarte fans have mascaras coming out of their ears, they've got so many lovely things on their website, why couldn't they have gone for something a bit more exciting? QVC certainly know how to bring out the beige in a range.

Brilliant expression, and sums up what QVC can and (far too frequently) do when they take on a brand, sadly.

Beauty POTM

Is there not one this month? I presume it has been bumped for the Christmas garbage.

I've never used the Hydragel foundation, but I use the concealer under my eyes and it's absolutely fantastic, doesn't budge or crease. The brush it comes with is fab too. I'd really recommend it, so I imagine the foundation is great too.

I think Doris makes some really great products, you can tell she cares about her range.

I agree about the concealer, it's the only one that doesn't make fine lines more obvious on me. With other industrial strength concealers I look younger with dark circles than when I try to hide them! I don't usually bother with concealer but for a night out or where photos are likely it's excellent; very dense pigment but with move-ability if you know what I mean.

I'm already stocked up with my fav foundations: this one, Doll10 drops (hate the dropper), Tate Rainforest (hate the dropper) and Josie Maran so will only order this if it lasts til later in the month.

It was already "sold out" when I looked earlier this morning so I wonder whether they had any to start with. Bit of a shame for deeper skin tones.

I notice it's on easy pays as well now.

This has probably been mentioned before and I've missed it but what is going on with Doris's hairline? I have rarely watched her shows but I just flicked over and caught her on now. It looks like she's trying to shade in the illusion of hair where it's receding at the sides, above the temple, but it's a very different colour. Has it always been like this? I don't mean to be unkind if it's some condition she has but why does she not just let her hair down over her face a bit?

Doris mentioned realising she was ill because of a hair loss issue, so perhaps it's a legacy of that? She had thyroid cancer, but I believe and hope she is OK now.

I've never used the Hydragel foundation, but I use the concealer under my eyes and it's absolutely fantastic, doesn't budge or crease. The brush it comes with is fab too. I'd really recommend it, so I imagine the foundation is great too.

I think Doris makes some really great products, you can tell she cares about her range.

Thanks (and Akimbo, too) for your review, that's really helpful. Am very tempted, but not sure which shade to go for, as I'm normally between Fair and Light. I'm Fair Light Neutral in Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation, and that shade is pretty much bang on for me. Am erring towards Light maybe? Was also wondering if any of you have the blendsmart brush, and what you think of it? I know the Clarisonic can over sensitise / over stimulate the skin, so I use a manual double cleansing brush, and only a couple of times a week. Wondered if this could potentially have a similar effect, if used daily? I've never tried Doll10 before, so would like to try the range out. Find Doris a very pleasant guest to listen to.

Latest posts

Back