Do Gems give a limit on how many items you can return?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheekymonkey240

Registered Shopper
I read that on here once and was a bit worried about buying more than 10 items so i could choose a few between them. Anyone help? :) Thankss

I'm sure you can buy as much as you want and return what you dont want to keep
At one time they did limit peoples baskets but that was when it was rocks tv on the web but I'm sure now its gems tv there is no limit on what you can buy.

I'm fairly certain there's no limit on the number of items you can return and I speak as some-one who has on a couple of occasions returned everything on an order for no better reason than seeing the pieces "in the flesh" (so to speak) I simply, for whatever reason at that time, didn't like them.

Also to be fair to Gems they always make it clear you can return any piece of jewellery if you are not satisfied with it and get a full refund on the price (within their 30 days time limit etc). So I think you'll be fine :up:

Thankyou guys :) Im doing exactly that i want to see them in the flesh i have baught a few similar ones and want to choose the ones i prefer. I had just read on here before that some places dont accept returns if you have returned too many in the past. I will be returning quite a few so i was slightly worried and emailed them and this is what they said :)

"Thank you for your e-mail. We do not know where you have read this but, to the best of our knowledge, this is not so."

so i think i will risk it :)

I wonder if what you have read on here is regarding returns on qvc they have sent out letters to people who they consider have sent back to many items in the past.even though they are always going on about the money back guarantee etc.
I have bought many items from gems ,rockstv and coloured rocks and never had any problems with returns and I've sent back quite a lot but I have also kept a lot to actually a heck of a lot lol

I don't think they do have a limit (can't imagine Steve going for that) because although I have kept quite a lot, I've also sent loads back. Mainly this is because I find most of the presenters very difficult to listen to, so I buy off the web and they really don't give very much information on the missed auction bit and of course the pictures are often not an accurate representation of the pieces.

I know where this has come from. Over the years, people who have had a higher returns rate and hardly keep any goods have, I believe, been told that their orders won't be fulfilled. I think this has only happened in extreme cases but if any of us were in charge of GemsTV and we had a few customers who ordered loads and sent back nearly everything each time, it makes business sense to decide whether it was acceptable to have our stock tied up and potential profits being hampered (bit extreme but if you've got 20 or 30 customers doing this repeatedly it will add up).

So on this forum I believe in the years I've been posting on here (7 or 8 years or so) I've seen about 3 people post who have said they've been "banned" from making future purchases due to the high level of returns. There are always two sides to a story so I don't know if these have been true cases but I do know that GemsTV used to check on the percentage of returns.

Hope that helps.

I tend to buy quite a lot in one go, on purpose to save postage, and do return quite a lot. I don't think I have ever returned absolutely everything though.

I probably have a higher rate of returning more expensive items, simply because when you spend more you expect more and I end up keeping more of the cheaper silver items. Although for the items that can vary in colour like Mookite I have been know to add multiples of the same item so that I can choose the colour combination that I like best and return the others.

As for the basket limit - that is true. On ocassions my basket has got so full (I would estimate at about 10 items) that it has forced me to checkout before adding any extra. I like to keep them in the basket for as long as possible so that I can combine more items in one order (for postage).

Latest posts

Back