OMG!! What is going on.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beading Belle

Registered Shopper
After a long time I visited JM's facebook page. I can't believe what I have read. How can a company with once excellent CS fall this low! They admit they mis sold some beads (jade) and they are not what they said. Well done for informing all customers but they will only refund if you send the full bead box or all the strands back unused. Seem fair, only the affected bead boxes are a few months old and peeps have made jewellery and sold it on stating the beads were jade.

No other option offered, so if you have used the beads its just tough. They have offered all affected a free calendar with their next order as compensation :eek:

I am so glad I stopped shopping with them a few years back!

The fair thing would be a full refund regardless of how much you have left as it was false selling even if they didn't know at the time. Do they explain why it happened?

PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not the first time

The jade incident isn't the first time that JM has mis-sold items.

A few months ago I bought a 3 strand pack of what was described as "american turquoise" only to be emailed a few weeks later to be told it was something else ( can't remember what and I must have deleted the email) but as I had already used some of it , I wasn't entitled to a refund.

At the time I just treated it as a one off but now it has happened again and on a much wider scale. I haven't bought anything from JM for a few weeks now and don't anticipate doing so again in the future as I have completely lost faith in them and their CS. I will stick with my other sources in asia who are usually much cheaper anyway.

I must admit to having bought some of the affected "jade " items and again won't be able to have a refund as I have used some of them plus I've split some packs up as most of my beads are stored according to colour and I have a vast stash so would be a nightmare trying to sort them out.

The jade incident isn't the first time that JM has mis-sold items.

A few months ago I bought a 3 strand pack of what was described as "american turquoise" only to be emailed a few weeks later to be told it was something else ( can't remember what and I must have deleted the email) but as I had already used some of it , I wasn't entitled to a refund.

At the time I just treated it as a one off but now it has happened again and on a much wider scale. I haven't bought anything from JM for a few weeks now and don't anticipate doing so again in the future as I have completely lost faith in them and their CS. I will stick with my other sources in asia who are usually much cheaper anyway.

I must admit to having bought some of the affected "jade " items and again won't be able to have a refund as I have used some of them plus I've split some packs up as most of my beads are stored according to colour and I have a vast stash so would be a nightmare trying to sort them out.

They should come around and sort them for you ;-)

PJ

So have they said why this is happening on more than one occasion? Are they saying that they were missold them higher up the chain?

PJ

From what I have read on FB, don't think JM have given an explanation.

This is shocking if it has happened before too! So much for presenters shouting real xyz, genuine xyz beads all the time :down:

Don't you think if you went to trading standards they'd get you a full refund even if you only had 1 bead left?

Really dodgy company, if it were me I'd be fighting them all the way.

A message on JM from Steve Bennett has been shown a few times explaining that there's been a misunderstanding about the term 'Jade' - apparently some people didn't realise that the Chinese market use it as an umbrella term for quite a few different gemstones.

I believe that the American Turquoise in question is a form of Jasper (if my memory serves me correctly!) but it is commonly known as that elsewhere as well, so it wasn't a mistake by JM. Considering this it was pretty decent of them to email everyone and offer a refund.

I don't think they have done anything dodgy here - the world of gemstones (and particularly the naming of them) can be quite confusing!

I am aware that african turquoise is a type of dyed jasper and JM always point that out when any of it is sold but from what I've read american turquoise should be true turquoise and at no time was it ever sold as anything else.

If you google 'American Turquoise' the searches do all seem to point to true Turquoise and not a form of Jasper. The reason I know that others sell a form of Jasper as 'American Turquoise' is because I've bought it elsewhere and have seen it for sale in a few different places so when I saw it on JM I didn't think it was true Turquoise anyway. Mine did look different to the strands they had on though. It all gets very confusing!

If JM did mess up and are admitting to a mistake then they should at least have offered you some kind of compensation if you weren't entitled to a refund - how many jewellery makers are still going to have all their strands intact months after buying?!

Latest posts

Back