Glenn Lehrer?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
I haven't seen this "live" and was wondering if anybody had any photos/thoughts to share? The only ones left on the website appear to be citrine and topaz - were there other gemstones in the collection?

I think I have caught most of the Glen Lehrer shows. The Lehrer pieces on the web are pretty much the collection put together by Glenn Lehrer exclusively for Gems. I think Glen Lehrer has trained a couple of Steven Bennet's cutter's to be able to do the torus ring cut while Glen picks out the stones and has final say on designs etc. Have to say Gems if you're reading this I don't think you market this collection well - it doesn't seem easily clear from the web that each piece is a limited edition and the ring/pendant you buy will be numbered and have Glenn Lehrer's specific stamp in it.

Gems did have other torus cuts, ceylon sapphire and paraiba tourmlaine spring to mind, some of which were loose stones ready for mounting, others set in torus rings and pendants - a beautiful purple sapphire torus cut set in a ring springs to mind.

Gems also sold other Lehrer pieces, I picked up a rather lovely amethyst pendant, some of them like angel wings were pendants ready to be set, very extravagent necklaces and a couple of sculptures I think.

Steve has said on air that he'll put more Glenn Lehrer pieces on air towards the end of february early march and that he hoped to bring some "torus" earrings to air in about the same period. Time will tell.....

Hope that helps

Thanks Anjo. I'm familiar with Glenn Lehrer's pieces but haven't seen the GemsTV offerings and from the website they looked like only quartz were being used. I like the idea of a Paraiba Tourmaline or Sapphire piece but there aren't any on the website. There's a phenomenal PT piece on Lehrer's website that I'm debating whether to ask about. What sort of prices did the PT and Sapphire pieces go for please?

Do you have any photos of yours? I'd really love to see them.

Sorry Meeshoo - I can't remember the prices and I didn't keep pictures as I wasn't intending to buy. I believe that the PT and Ceylon sapphire torus rings were from the original Lehrer collection and not part of the new range that he has trained and licensed the Gemstv cutters to produce. The colours of the stones were stunning and the PT was from Brazil. At the time I remember thinking that the prices were very reasonable for the quality.
There were also a few exclusive pieces in pendants and earrings in collaboration with an American designer. Itmay have been Gordon Aatlo.

Why not get in touch with Gems and ask if they will be bringing the high end pieces to auction?

Here's some rather rubbish pics of a Honey Citrine pendant I got from Sunday's show. I can't seem to photograph it well, probably because the stone is quite pale. Would have loved to see the pieces in the darker coloured gems, particularly purple Sapphire.

When I went in the website to check the full specs it said the halo of diamonds were A4.....my heart sank!! So I was a bit dubious about what to expect, pairing this low quality with a VSi Citrine. Why not A3 diamonds as a minimum? However, I was pleasantly surprised to see they weren't too bad and even though the pics are poor, in daylight they do give off some fire and sparkle. I've teamed it up with a fairly robust chain as a fine one looked a bit too delicate for this fairly sizeable pendant.

Anyway, hubs approved and thought it looked expensive and for once asked me how much I had paid!!
Er.........! :tongue:

http://www.gems.tv/Jewellery/Lehrer...K-Gold-Pendant-ATGW-422cts/Design-JLPS22.aspx

Attachments

• P1020338.jpg
    P1020338.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 332
  • P1020339.jpg
    P1020339.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 328
  • P1020340.jpg
    P1020340.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 334
Thanks Anjo. I'm familiar with Glenn Lehrer's pieces but haven't seen the GemsTV offerings and from the website they looked like only quartz were being used. I like the idea of a Paraiba Tourmaline or Sapphire piece but there aren't any on the website. There's a phenomenal PT piece on Lehrer's website that I'm debating whether to ask about. What sort of prices did the PT and Sapphire pieces go for please?

Do you have any photos of yours? I'd really love to see them.

For Lehrer (not gem exclusive lehrer pieces) the price range was broad from £300 to several thousand pounds

My recollection is that the loose torus ring blue sapphires were about £1,200. Can't honestly say about the PT, it may well have been the one that's on the Lehrer site, it was the most extraordinary electric colour, and Steve and Glenn Lehrer bickered on screen about the price with Glenn Lehrer making it clear the PT was not going below what-ever the price was, several thousant Glenn Lehrer was quite clear that he could not purchase any PT of that quality anymore.

There was a pink sapphire torus ring pendant sold for £799 I remember it as I tried to buy it but was too late :(, a purple sapphire torus ring set in 18ct I think was about the £1,500 mark. beautiful stone it was grape colour, personally didn't like the setting which was rather fussy.

The amethyst pendant which I purchased was a modest £350 (currently on load to a museum who are deciding whether to incorporate it into a proposed exhibition), a sculpture piece was about £9,500 and a couple of the necklaces were several thousand possibly up to the 10K region as well.

Sacha - very many thanks for your photos and review. I love that you've teamed the pendant with a yellow chain and that the diamonds are okay. I agree that if I had pants diamonds, I'd be most fed up so good to know they're nice. There's a blue topaz version on the website still at £350 (I think) - can you recall what the on air price was please?

Anjo - your amethyst pendant sounds wonderful. Do you have the link? I do hope you get it back soon so you can take some lovely photos.

GC - totally agree!

Sacha - very many thanks for your photos and review. I love that you've teamed the pendant with a yellow chain and that the diamonds are okay. I agree that if I had pants diamonds, I'd be most fed up so good to know they're nice. There's a blue topaz version on the website still at £350 (I think) - can you recall what the on air price was please?
Anjo - your amethyst pendant sounds wonderful. Do you have the link? I do hope you get it back soon so you can take some lovely photos.

GC - totally agree!

http://www.gems.tv/Jewellery/Lehrer...K-Gold-Pendant-ATGW-544cts/Design-TYPS14.aspx

Thanks for your comments above Meesh, I did try to include a pic of the whole pendant but no dice, too big for the uploader thingy! If you mean the one in the link , it may have gone for £299. They've added a bit more on the website, some of the round Quartz/Citrine started from £199.

The point Anjo raised about the limited edition feature, there is the tiniest Lehrer stamp inside the piece but where the number of each piece is I don't know. Too tiny to see on the stamp and not written on the accompanying white card. Did come with a nice little booklet written by GL though. I look forward to seeing the earrings when they arrive. Apparently as only 2/3 cutters have been trained the daily output is very low, about three I think!

Latest posts

Back