Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

Read More

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default How much do you think the presenters get paid?

Caroline Lindsay just said she has a flat in London and a house in Portsmouth to own/rent a property in London and have a property in Portsmouth surely you must be on a good wage it is not that far to commute to is it? I wonder if she does other things beside Bid I assume she does.

What do you think they get paid and is Peter Simon the highest paid?

Post Thanks / Like

i think most presenters are freelance so earn from other areas aswell maybe that's how they can afford more than one place not too sure if they would be able to just on sit up wages though who knows?

3.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I once worked in London for a few months back in 2002, and if the job had actually continued (they had to let me go because the department couldn't afford to keep employing me), I would have rented a studio flat in London whilst owning a house near Southampton at least for a while - you don't have to be super-rich to do something like that if you don't have a huge mortgage on one property (or own the property outright) or have a house share. Ironically the job I had wasn't a million miles from Acton where the Sit-up studios are based.

Commuting to London from the South Coast is possible but it requires getting up regularly at least by 4am and being very occasionally late for work when the M6 is gridlocked (assuming 9am start time); this is by car, with public transport also theoretically possible depending on the location and connection times. I certainly wouldn't want to do such a commute by car for more than a few months, and those who do commute usually live a little closer to London (Winchester, Basingstoke, etc.), which makes it a lot easier.

Anyway, Sit-up were advertising a presenter job about five years ago and the advertised salary was something like £17k from memory, though I bet they pay Peter Simon a bit more than this.

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, anything upto £500 for a 3 1/2 hour stint of talking rubbish?

Oh, add on £7.99 for their payslip which is sent by MyHermes and probably never turns up!

7.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna say around £18,000 and a bit more dependant on how much stock you can shift. Yes, I'm sure Peter Simon does get the most, but I can't iaine him getting OTT money.

I know that presenters on Ideal World get paid in the 50-60k region.

9.    Gemporia / Amaozon Prime

Post Thanks / Like

Back in 1987 I did some TV work for the BBC.

I got £50 for 2 hours which works out to be £115 in today's money.

So it's gonna be about £200 for a 3 1/2 hour stint. Not a lot, but if you're on every night of the week that's a nice little earner!

11.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
      Back in 1987 I did some TV work for the BBC.

I got £50 for 2 hours which works out to be £115 in today's money.

So it's gonna be about £200 for a 3 1/2 hour stint. Not a lot, but if you're on every night of the week that's a nice little earner!
      No chance. Bid tv is no BBC

13.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StumpyBloke View Post
      £200 for 3 1/2 hours not a lot????????? Blinking' hell!!!!

:D

Edit: that's £57 an hour!!! Fookin' hell well overpaid!!
      LMAO, yeah I dunno why I wrote that I don't earn half of that a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennyxp View Post
      No chance. Bid tv is no BBC
      yeah, Television is a weird one for salary's... I doubt it's less than £100 though.

15.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

£200 for 3 1/2 hours not a lot????????? Blinking' hell!!!!

:D

Edit: that's £57 an hour!!! Fookin' hell well overpaid!!

17.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

It's around 18k per year, so about £360 per week. Haven't you heard the presenters say "People think we get paid lots. We don't. We're like a shop assistant but on the TV"

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising