How much do you think the presenters get paid?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
Caroline Lindsay just said she has a flat in London and a house in Portsmouth to own/rent a property in London and have a property in Portsmouth surely you must be on a good wage it is not that far to commute to is it? I wonder if she does other things beside Bid I assume she does.

What do you think they get paid and is Peter Simon the highest paid?

i think most presenters are freelance so earn from other areas aswell maybe that's how they can afford more than one place not too sure if they would be able to just on sit up wages though who knows?

I once worked in London for a few months back in 2002, and if the job had actually continued (they had to let me go because the department couldn't afford to keep employing me), I would have rented a studio flat in London whilst owning a house near Southampton at least for a while - you don't have to be super-rich to do something like that if you don't have a huge mortgage on one property (or own the property outright) or have a house share. Ironically the job I had wasn't a million miles from Acton where the Sit-up studios are based.

Commuting to London from the South Coast is possible but it requires getting up regularly at least by 4am and being very occasionally late for work when the M6 is gridlocked (assuming 9am start time); this is by car, with public transport also theoretically possible depending on the location and connection times. I certainly wouldn't want to do such a commute by car for more than a few months, and those who do commute usually live a little closer to London (Winchester, Basingstoke, etc.), which makes it a lot easier.

Anyway, Sit-up were advertising a presenter job about five years ago and the advertised salary was something like £17k from memory, though I bet they pay Peter Simon a bit more than this.

Dunno, anything upto £500 for a 3 1/2 hour stint of talking rubbish?

Oh, add on £7.99 for their payslip which is sent by MyHermes and probably never turns up!

I was gonna say around £18,000 and a bit more dependant on how much stock you can shift. Yes, I'm sure Peter Simon does get the most, but I can't iaine him getting OTT money.

I know that presenters on Ideal World get paid in the 50-60k region.

Back in 1987 I did some TV work for the BBC.

I got £50 for 2 hours which works out to be £115 in today's money.

So it's gonna be about £200 for a 3 1/2 hour stint. Not a lot, but if you're on every night of the week that's a nice little earner!

Back in 1987 I did some TV work for the BBC.

I got £50 for 2 hours which works out to be £115 in today's money.

So it's gonna be about £200 for a 3 1/2 hour stint. Not a lot, but if you're on every night of the week that's a nice little earner!

No chance. Bid tv is no BBC

It's around 18k per year, so about £360 per week. Haven't you heard the presenters say "People think we get paid lots. We don't. We're like a shop assistant but on the TV"

It's around 18k per year, so about £360 per week. Haven't you heard the presenters say "People think we get paid lots. We don't. We're like a shop assistant but on the TV"

Really? I'm surprised to be honest. Do you reckon if they shift more they'll get a bonus of some kind?

They must be on some commission. I doubt Peter Simon would bs ten to the dozen unless he was on some sort of bonuses.

I don't think they are. You will hear some saying "I don't care how many I sell, as it doesn't come out of my pocket" They may be quite hard sell now, but if they were on comission, I'm sure it would be even worse! :p

Great! Everyone, including the customers, presenters, and assistants and the foreign CS are being shafted, left, right and centre by Sit-Up. Lovely. :cash:

Still £1.53 premium rate phone numbers.

Still £7.99 P&P.

Presenters for a leading TV retailer

Sit-up channels is a leading TV retailer and a Virgin Media Company. Its channels bid tv, price-drop tv and speed auction tv are watched by over five million viewers every month, with a customer base of over 3 million. Since our launch in 2000 we’ve invested in an extensive studio complex in West London, where our channels reach over 17.7 million UK homes daily.

We’re now searching for sales driven presenters to join our live, dynamic pricing, retail channels.

Presenters - full time and freelance.

Salary 25k + reward structure and benefits

The ideal presenter will have a sharp brain to turn their hand to selling an array of different products, an understanding of how to sell and the ability to appeal to the entire cable and satellite market.

Candidates could have experience in live TV, radio or stage presenting, but this is not essential as training will be given. In addition, if you have a sales background and believe you have what it takes to become a TV presenter we need to hear from you too.
If you think you can deliver sales results and grab our audience we need a VHS or DVD showreel of you selling a product.

Showreels will not be returned and only those short-listed will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT A VHS or DVD SHOWREEL.

Please send your CV, together with a VHS or DVD showreel and covering letter via post.

Company Address:
Resource Manager,
sit-up House,
179-181 The Vale,
London,
W3 7RW.

Web: www*.sit-up*.tv

deadline: ongoing

They've put the salary up, presumably to attract the sort of higher class candidate that can lie better :tongue:

(I'm sure the vacancy I saw five years ago had a quoted salary of £17k which was a close match for what others have previously claimed.)

They've put the salary up, presumably to attract the sort of higher class candidate that can lie better :tongue:

(I'm sure the vacancy I saw five years ago had a quoted salary of £17k which was a close match for what others have previously claimed.)

I agree. I've seen it advertised at £17,000 before, and I thought that was still the case until I found this last night. :)

Latest posts

Back