Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

20% OFF ACCUQUILT GO!
    BIG FABRIC CUTTER STARTER SET

http://www.crafttelly.com/images/accuquilt.jpg

Love to quilt but hate to cut? Donít miss the Accuquilt Blockbuster at 7pm on Thursday 14th December featuring the GO! Big Electronic Fabric Cutter with FREE Flying Geese Die, Cutting Mat and Pattern & Idea Book with 20% if you are a member of the Create and Craft Club. 

The GO! Big Fabric Cutter Starter Set is perfect for anyone wanting a brand-new machine to make their fabric cutting easier. Capable of accurately cutting up to six layers of cotton fabric at a time, it is easy to use and folds down for portability and easy storage within your craft room. Accuquilt studies have also shown that using the Accuquilt GO! Cutter is 90% faster than traditional quilt cutting methods of standard rotary cutters or scissors, plus an added bonus is that it also allows you to make the most of your cutting machine material, meaning less fabric waste.

Patchwork and quilting teacher, Stuart Hillard will be demonstrating this fantastic machine which is available with Festive Flexi Ė meaning you can spread the cost over 4 interest-free payments. For more information, CLICK HERE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bennyxp View Post
      It's around 18k per year, so about £360 per week. Haven't you heard the presenters say "People think we get paid lots. We don't. We're like a shop assistant but on the TV"
      Really? I'm surprised to be honest. Do you reckon if they shift more they'll get a bonus of some kind?

Post Thanks / Like

They must be on some commission. I doubt Peter Simon would bs ten to the dozen unless he was on some sort of bonuses.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they are. You will hear some saying "I don't care how many I sell, as it doesn't come out of my pocket" They may be quite hard sell now, but if they were on comission, I'm sure it would be even worse! :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
      Really? I'm surprised to be honest. Do you reckon if they shift more they'll get a bonus of some kind?
      Thats what you get with a discount channel. The presenters on Ideal World would be looking at £1,000+ per week

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Everyone, including the customers, presenters, and assistants and the foreign CS are being shafted, left, right and centre by Sit-Up. Lovely.

Still £1.53 premium rate phone numbers.

Still £7.99 P&P.

Post Thanks / Like

As I said elsewhere, Lisa probably gets a packet of fags and her bus fare.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the home Caroline has in London is her boyfriend's. And the starting salary for presenters is £25K!

Post Thanks / Like

Presenters for a leading TV retailer

Sit-up channels is a leading TV retailer and a Virgin Media Company. Its channels bid tv, price-drop tv and speed auction tv are watched by over five million viewers every month, with a customer base of over 3 million. Since our launch in 2000 we’ve invested in an extensive studio complex in West London, where our channels reach over 17.7 million UK homes daily.

We’re now searching for sales driven presenters to join our live, dynamic pricing, retail channels.

Presenters - full time and freelance.

Salary 25k + reward structure and benefits

The ideal presenter will have a sharp brain to turn their hand to selling an array of different products, an understanding of how to sell and the ability to appeal to the entire cable and satellite market.

Candidates could have experience in live TV, radio or stage presenting, but this is not essential as training will be given. In addition, if you have a sales background and believe you have what it takes to become a TV presenter we need to hear from you too.
      If you think you can deliver sales results and grab our audience we need a VHS or DVD showreel of you selling a product.

Showreels will not be returned and only those short-listed will be contacted.
      APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT A VHS or DVD SHOWREEL.

Please send your CV, together with a VHS or DVD showreel and covering letter via post.

Company Address:
      Resource Manager,
      sit-up House,
      179-181 The Vale,
      London,
      W3 7RW.

Web: www*.sit-up*.tv

deadline: ongoing

Post Thanks / Like

They've put the salary up, presumably to attract the sort of higher class candidate that can lie better

(I'm sure the vacancy I saw five years ago had a quoted salary of £17k which was a close match for what others have previously claimed.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Price Plunge View Post
      They've put the salary up, presumably to attract the sort of higher class candidate that can lie better

(I'm sure the vacancy I saw five years ago had a quoted salary of £17k which was a close match for what others have previously claimed.)
      I agree. I've seen it advertised at £17,000 before, and I thought that was still the case until I found this last night. :)