Is the quality better then the coloured rocks days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

UrbanLass

Registered Shopper
Am in the market for buying some jewels for a big birthday pressie for a friend, but am concerned re quality these days. Only yesterday I opened a pearl necklace from Coloured Rocks, which incidentally had never been worn and still had the bliddy tag on, to find a pile of pearls and broken string :confused: Am I likely to be giving something like that as a gift???

Les x

Can't really say for sure about the quality but IMO the designs & variety are not as good as they used to be and of course things are more expensive hence I rarely buy anything these days, shame really, Rocks were great days.....

The low gold weights are really making the jewellery fragile. I have just had a pair of Christmas pressie earrings break on me - literally! I came home on Saturday night with one earring complete and the droplet from the other gone. The gold has snapped and they are out of the 30day MBG. Not a happy bunny!

The low gold weights are really making the jewellery fragile. I have just had a pair of Christmas pressie earrings break on me - literally! I came home on Saturday night with one earring complete and the droplet from the other gone. The gold has snapped and they are out of the 30day MBG. Not a happy bunny!

So sorry to hear this Ballerina. I'd personally rather pay a bit more to get a decent gold weight (if anyone at GTV is reading this). I don't know how some of the rings are ever going to hold up, when the gold weight is only 1.5g!

This is what it says in their Terms and Conditions, so you should be able to get a refund on your earrings.

6.2. If your jewellery becomes faulty after 30 days but within six months of receipt, we will offer our choice of a refund, replacement or repair unless we, at our sole discretion, determine that the fault has arisen through misuse of the product.

I don't think wearing them counts as misuse! :thinking: Good Luck!

Last edited:
I haven't bought a lot recently but I have found that you get what you pay for..... I always look at the gold weights before I buy. I am happy to pay more for the more substantial pieces.
I am pleased that the 30 day mbg is still there as it gives plenty of time to have a good look at the stones before deciding to keep or send back.
Of course it is a different issue if the pieces are bought for you rather than purchasing yourself.

Latest posts

Back