Spot The Difference

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tvshopper

Registered Shopper
Here's a little game for you that I've played with TJC CS this afternoon. Spot the difference:

400893361.jpg
[/IMG]

Can't see it? Well don't suggest for one second these are the same, cos they're not. Well, except one costs £699 and one costs £599 - guess how much I paid?:mad:

The difference for those of you not blessed with psychic abilities is this: the cheaper ring has a carat difference of 0.02 .

Did you spot it? That's how I've been told that this is a different ring and despite assurances on screen that I was paying 'the lowest price' I've paid £100 more for less diamonds...but hey...what's 0.02 less diamonds if they're only costing me £100 more not to have them?

When I first reported this, they took it off the website. That was daft. I'd already took screen grabs and a copy of the html code.

They have just told me "The two items are entirely different items I cannot comment on the price of the two items. "

REALLY? That's exactly what I DO want you to comment on. I've also been told "However from TJC point of view the two items are different in their entirety. "

So be warned. Their promises mean nothing. Forget about lowest price. Forget that they had this on TV last night and the Presenter said that they'd had this item on before cos you see they haven't. THIS item hasn't been sold before....:mad: Well...not with MORE diamond weight for LESS money.

tvs

Oh an update - they are now saying that the cheaper one is marked down - another error. It was clearly displayed in their site main section and not in Clearance and not indicated as Marked down. Here;s the Google Cache link for those wanting to see - Pity CS don't know about how websites work, isn't it?
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+Ring+(Size+P)+1.000&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Sorry for the long link - probs a cut and paste job

I've often wondered how they might handle a situation where the same item was found at a lesser price. I've always suspected they would go down the road of "Our quality is better" or "Their stone comes from X and ours comes from Y." I feel it could be quite impossible to find an item elsewhere which they would admit was the same, thus making safe their offer to refund the difference, but I would love to be proved wrong.

You see that lowest price guarantee appears to me to refer to OTHER tv channels and jewellers. I'm not referring to this guarantee, I'm on about the fact that the presenter said on Air that this ring was at the lowest price and that "you will not see this at a lower price". Fair enough if it was then in a Sale, but this is not in a Sale and I can't believe they attempted to lie to me and say it was marked down when it was not. Btw, have consulted an independent jeweller who told me that the 0.02 carat difference they refer to is rubbish, as 2 rings will have variation as the carat refers to the density of the stone not the size!

I think you should e mail them with all the facts and let them look into this for you. Several months ago I ordered a ring on line and discovered they'd sold the same one earlier that day, all be it in a different size and a different code and they honoured the lower price. If you get no joy from the cc email Mike Wall their operations manager @ [email protected] who I'm sure will investigate it

I very rarely watch TJC any more. I stopped believing what they were saying about their jewellery along time ago. I saw the same thing happen with other items they were selling but unlike you I never bought any at the higher price. I hope you get the matter resolved to your satisfaction.

Well, the shine has been taken right off cos they are now attempting to renege on their offer....so this bunny is ow back to being VERY unhappy.:angry:

Latest posts

Back