Basso Fri 19th Sept

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

icr24350

Registered Shopper
Basso the butcher TSV Friday 19th Sept, with Jilly Halliday. QVC aren't listening :mad:

Like I keep saying, they aint never gonna listen! Not unless something "radical" happens, even if he dropped dead, they'd probably still be flogging his "faux" dead carcassses from beyond the grave!
If enough customers, like myself and many others on here voted with their feet perhaps, but we're just small fry in comparison to their massive customer base, and clearly, our lack of custom hasn't even made the slightest dint in their profits!

I seriously think the only way would be, DB becoming headline news in this country for the wrong reasons (and I don't mean a half page editorial in the Daily Mail) and his name became symominous with cruelty throughout the whole country then just maybe!

No offence taken Mrs James :1: My apologies for not spotting the previous thread. :26:

If you didn't keep giving him publicity, how would we know he was on? I only ever know he exists because people on the forum insist on telling us! Doing his work for him and he doesn't have to pay you a penny!

Real people wear fake fur !
I like his shawls but after reading about him , i wont be buying anything again.

If you didn't keep giving him publicity, how would we know he was on? I only ever know he exists because people on the forum insist on telling us! Doing his work for him and he doesn't have to pay you a penny!

Quite the opposite jacaranda. The more publicity we give to this odious man and his fur trade and what happens to the animals, the more people will turn away from him. There have been many who have purchased his products in complete innocence of the methods use to obtain his fur, or that indeed he is a furrier. Many still think that lambs fur is a by product of the meat trade where in fact broadtail lamb coats (his speciality) are made from fetus lambs which have been ripped from their freshly slaughtered mothers stomachs in order to obtain the best pelts.

Broadtail is the fur of a karakul lamb about two weeks before birth and is usually black, shiny, and so tightly curled that it forms smooth ridges. The fur noticeably loses luster over the next ten days, and uncurls and lightens in color rapidly within the first two or three days after birth. The younger the lamb or fetus, the more valuable the pelt. Those poor creatures don't even see the light of day, apart if course from the ones kept purely to breed and then be slaughtered, by being held down, having their throats slit and their stomachs ripped open whilst still not completely dead and their precious offspring yanked out, all for the sake of a very expensive piece of clothing.

Anyone buying anything made by Basso is adding to the profits of a man with blood on his hands, which is why we make the fuss we do whenever QVC sells his wares.

Remember, this forum is read by many more people than it has members and if we can stop just one of them buying, as we have with many forum members, we have achieved our purpose. The fact that he is by trade a furrier is rarely mentioned on QVC and we have to alert everyone who would never consider buying real fur but are buying his stuff because it is "faux" in total innocence of the true facts.

My mum bought me a lovely coat of his from QVC about 3 years ago, used to come out every winter, but earlier this year I discovered what his trade was and now I feel I cannot wear it at all, I just don't know what to do.

My mum bought me a lovely coat of his from QVC about 3 years ago, used to come out every winter, but earlier this year I discovered what his trade was and now I feel I cannot wear it at all, I just don't know what to do.

I don't want to offend anyone or be controversial, but please Yazrose, if you feel you can at all, wear the coat. It was purchased in all innocence of the kind of person the money was going too & not wearing it now only punishes you, who are deprived of wearing a coat you liked, & your Mum, who won't get to see you enjoying her generous gift. The disgusting Mr. Basso will never know or care whether you wear it or not now he's got the money. I understand your revulsion entirely though, so if you feel you need a symbolic gesture I should go at it with a pair of scissors & remove any & all labelling in it that says Basso or QVC.

I'm not saying this to in anyway diminish the horror we all feel at this man's practices or the way QVC glosses over them. I've been vegetarian since a small child & feel extremely strongly on this issue.

I agree with Sue on this. I for one, had no idea that Basso was involved in making fur, nor, for that matter that he uses lamb broadtail - in fact, to be honest, I had never heard of broadtail at all before ST! I had however, bought a shawl of his before coming across the forum for my nan, which I would not have bought had I known all that I know now. In fact, I still have the shawl and I'm not quite sure what to do with it, though CB has a point too, once the money has exchanged hands neither Basso nor QVC probably will care much for what we do with our purchases: they have both got what they wanted already!

I am so angry that QVC still have this excuse for a human being on our tv's, selling his disgusting coats, I am at a loss what to do about it, I've tried PETA, an anti fur organisation, numerous national papers and not one of them has done anything to try to help us get rid of him, I just don't know where to turn now, I want the world to know what this evil man does but seem to be hitting a brick wall. Any suggestions?

May be we need to inundate the TSV launch as T callers and state our facts calmly and informatively . Even if none of us got on air it would show the powers that be at QVC how strongly we their loyal customer base feel about this man.

May be we need to inundate the TSV launch as T callers and state our facts calmly and informatively . Even if none of us got on air it would show the powers that be at QVC how strongly we their loyal customer base feel about this man.

Yes, or we could all send very polite emails to CS on the day of the TSV stating how we feel about this range of products that QVC stocks. This way there would be a clear record of the number of people who are unhappy with this, and it would be harder for the top managers to brush it all off as the feelings of an irrelevant minority...

To be honest I prefer letters to go in re complaints rather than an email, it is easier to delete an email but a letter is different, for some reason they deal with it differently or they are supposed to anyway.

I sent in a few letters to the gov and my local council re an incinerator and was told by friends in CS and in the council that they tend to ignore emails more often but letters get dealt with.

I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat, wear suede or leather shoes and have the same in bags. I am not sure if this makes me a hypocrite because I would never wear real fur - unless I lived completely in the wilds and had no option. Hopefully, the rest of the animal would also not be wasted and would provide food.

I had never seen Basso before I started to watch QVC, and I had no idea before joining this forum about his gut churningly awful trade. I was suprised - and pleased - that my 17 year old son who has absolutely NO interest in clothes or fashion had heard of Basso and is disgusted by his 'work'.

I do not think QVC will ever stop selling this vile man's wares while it brings in money.

I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat, wear suede or leather shoes and have the same in bags. I am not sure if this makes me a hypocrite because I would never wear real fur - unless I lived completely in the wilds and had no option. Hopefully, the rest of the animal would also not be wasted and would provide food.

I had never seen Basso before I started to watch QVC, and I had no idea before joining this forum about his gut churningly awful trade. I was suprised - and pleased - that my 17 year old son who has absolutely NO interest in clothes or fashion had heard of Basso and is disgusted by his 'work'.

I do not think QVC will ever stop selling this vile man's wares while it brings in money.

I always understood that the rest of the cow goes for meat anyway, the skin is made into leather and suede and the same for sheep wool and skin.

maybe this may cheer a few of you up [ certainly does for me anyway ] the coats that used to fly off of the outlet rails are sticking......yes were not in the very cold weather yet BUT they would still sell in mid summers day in years past...........soooooooooo maybe people are listening &&&&&&&&&&&& if people dont buy the returns or killed items then JUST MAYBE then & only then will qvc listen........ps killed items are not the slaughtered sort just an end of line item that they are not stocking anymore..

Latest posts

Back