One item per basket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

argeybargey

Retired - Don't Quite Fit
I don't know if anyone will see this, as the board appears to be dead, but I'm posting on the off chance.

If anyone doesn't know yet, we are now allowed only one item in our baskets at any one time so you have to check out as you go. As a multiple buyer this is too much hassle for me I'm afraid. I think this site has now become the most user unfriendly one on the web that I have come across. I hate sending money out of the country but I'm left with no choice if I want service with a smile and a chance to think for a minute or two. I'll not be pressured in this way.

The excuse of telephoning buyers missing out and then webbers dropping items isn't good enough. That's life and can happen even in shops and anywhere else - items sell out and then get returned, get put back on shelves from baskets, get put back in the wrong place, etc.

WARNING GEMS SHOPPERS: If it hasn't already, it's coming your way too, and without notice if they treat you in the same way they did us. I suspect this will be a lesser problem for you however as, generally speaking, the items are more costly. It is however madness for JM where prices start at just a couple of quid, and I suspect most people make multiple purchases in any event because of the nature of the products.

Ironic they do this so soon after another channel, cough tjc cough, have vastly improved their basket arrangements for webbers which is hugely useful on the auctions pages, where you can buy made up beads at such reasonable prices they are worth buying to disassemble, and reduced p&p (£2.95) for a single item. This makes you much less inclined to drop items when you only have the one inexpensive piece, which I suspect is a major part of the rejects problem for JM - who wants to pay £4.95 on a basket under £10?

Don't think my old mates Sainsburys, Wiltshire Farm and Rymans would survive long if they were to trade in such a fashion.

How long before customer service completely crumbles under the strain of cancellations where folk have changed their minds? It's not fabulous now - I suspect answered only in preference to buyers on the line.

For a company that likes to keep congratulating itself on its "family run business", friendliness, etc. they ain't doin' a very good job. xxxxxx

PS - I hope I can be forgiven for posting this on Gems as well, but I don't think they know this is coming. Possibly JM customers are being used as guinea pigs?

Wasn't aware of the new changes Argey (have no reason to watch), but didn't they do the same when rocks was on? 1 item check out then if you were a good customer you had a limit on the basket before having to check out.

I am just gald I don't buy from them anymore!!

Funny you should say that, it's exactly like the Rocks web to tv fiasco. Poor consideration to existing customers*, technology this evening making it virtually impossible for a lot of us to bid on the web. I thought I'd have a look and give it a chance tonight, but it's really hard sell, I see now why they chose Jenny and Carol. I like Carol and would have liked to watch her tomorrow, but don't think I can stand another dose of this.

* They even did a competition exclusively for new customers. Old customers s*d off. Nothing lost for me as I'm not a competition person, nor can I text (the only way to enter any of the comps) due to the old tremor I can't begin to tell you what I might text and to whom :grin:. However, I thought it was poor regard to old customers. xxxxxxx

Thats just shocking but nothing surprises me! Maybe that is how you run a family business :wonder:

Argey spill what have you bought so far and more to the point what have you created xxxxx

Thats just shocking but nothing surprises me! Maybe that is how you run a family business :wonder:

Argey spill what have you bought so far and more to the point what have you created xxxxx

Loads to both. Sadly I can't do photies. The reason I liked JM so much was that it panders to my yen for big lumps of stuff. xxxxxx

Hurray! Daytime baskets back to normal. Evening baskets only at one item now. xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back