Glenn Lehrer Ring with Photos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello Meesh,
I'm torn on this one. I actually really like blue topaz, but I'm with you regarding the bottom of the stone not being entirely 'straight' IYKWIM?
To be honest it would start to annoy me (a lot). Sorry, haven't been much help really, have I?

I also love big, bold rings, but the height of this one just looks excessive to me, as does the price. Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I understand it, for the first few appearances by Glenn Lehrer the pieces were cut by him and commanded huge prices. Now he has trained a couple of Steve's gem cutters in India to recreate his original cut. However, that does not make these pieces originals in my mind, but rather 'school of' pieces.
I think I might prefer this cut as a pendant, but for now I'm siding with your OH and PPC on this piece.

I love high rings but only when it's because the stone is deep. That slightly iffy underside will niggle with you of all people I'm sure, especially since you can't avoid it with that great expanse of nothingness beneath it. Not a big fan of Swiss Blue meself, it's too postcard for me, but then I'm a fan of the more muted and earthy colours so wouldn't be a fit judge there anyway. I agree with Gemcherub really, although I think you'll have regrets whichever way you choose, maybe the slightly less expensive disappointment might be the best choice in this case.

As regards Glen Lehrer generally, being a fan of the modest mineral myself, I'd love to see what he could do with malachite or a really good golden obsidian and similar. xxxxxxxxx

Decision made. Today it went back. I can't justify the cost and also the underside being wonky would annoy me I think. So on that basis it had to go back. I wonder how many other people may feel the same about the cost? It's a shame because I did love it but the £300 just couldn't be justified.

Thanks to everybody who commented both positive and negative I do appreciate it.

Meeshoo, I think you probably know what the answer is. I get the feeling that if you were truly in love with this ring you wouldn't need to ask anyone elses opinion. My own, for what it's worth, is that I feel inclined to agree with your husband. I've salivated over some of your piccies, but not this one.
Best wishes and happy decisions, Springflower.

As you know from an ealier post I sent my ring and pendant back after quite a bit of umming and ahhing but if I love something when I open the box it usually stays but in this case I really wanted to love this but in the end I did'nt really and for the money £648 for both I thought I can put that amount into something that will blow me away I havent regreted sending them back and who knows I might see another Glen Lehrer piece in the future that grabs me and that will make me happy I think you probably done the right thing Meeshoo

I can't get over the wonky underside. Really says a lot about the quality control on a Glen Lehrer piece. Think Gems have let themselves down here. For those prices every piece should be absolutely perfect.

OMG your ring was just on air and the one on the spinning close up had a chip in the same place my amethyst did! I wasn't quick enough to get a screen grab.
You really would have thought the chipped ones would have been removed from stock by now! Or maybe they are just going to keep selling them until they find buyers who don't notice.

Meeshoo, I think you probably already know what the answer is. If you truly were head over heels with this ring, you wouldn't care, or even recognise the negatives, let alone see the need to ask what other people think. I have, on numerous occasions, salivated over the piccies that you've posted, and whilst not everything has been to my taste, it has always been beautiful..........until now!!! IMVHO, PinkPussyCat and your OH have said it exactly how it is.
Wishing you happy decisions and sending smiles, Springflower.

It's a pretty ring but I have to say that in my very expensive experience it's better to send it back if you have doubts.
I have several pieces I had doubts about but kept and never was really happy with afterwards,there may well be other" tori" in the future which you prefer but won't buy because you already have one.
It really is far too high to wear comfortably and expensive for what it is.
Here endeth the first lesson.

I am really sorry but I agree with 'hubby'...............so sorry.
The blue is lovely but a setting like that does need heavier gold weight otherwise it does go into the 'hubby' opinion for me..............

Latest posts

Back