Joan Rivers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Plumduff

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see ITV - One Time Only (or something like that) tonight? I was scooting through and saw Joan Rivers and paused to listen.

I have not the faintest remembrance of what she actually said, but she pulled off her earrings and said "Here, take them, they are only cheap"....(voice drops lower)..."QVC"!!!

So now, we know, don't we, what she really thinks of the jewellery she flogs to her ever-loyal customers at QVC. :54:

Did anyone see ITV - One Time Only (or something like that) tonight? I was scooting through and saw Joan Rivers and paused to listen.

I have not the faintest remembrance of what she actually said, but she pulled off her earrings and said "Here, take them, they are only cheap"....(voice drops lower)..."QVC"!!!

So now, we know, don't we, what she really thinks of the jewellery she flogs to her ever-loyal customers at QVC. :54:

Doesn't surprise me Plumduff. Her "I only wear the real thing, or my own costume jewellery" line never cut the mustard with me. A woman who has paid thousands on cosmetic surgery is not going to adorn herself with fakes when she can buy the real thing in shed loads.

I have really had enough of all this Chinese tat today. They are scraping the barrel now and i have seen this stuff in charity shops for 50p. I think even Julia looked fed up with it !

:22::41:

Hi,
I thought Joan was not on her best form at all last night. I heard the QVC comment too and thought it was insulting to her customers from QVC. I used to buy bits from her range, but grew out of my very sparkly phase of jewellery and so sold it all on Ebay and usually buy pearls now, mostly from the gorgeous Ralph.

I thought the variety show was embarrassing and will not be watching again. Joan made some insulting remarks about a variety of people and passed them off as jokes. I used to think Joan was very funny and would watch her QVC shows and laugh out loud at times, but I find her tiresome these days. I am surprised she doesn't get sued - or maybe she does! Poor Vernon Kay looked very uncomfortable at times - he was probably wondering what she was going to say next!
:(:(:(

I watched one of her qvc shows last week...and thought at the time, does she actually have any imput, apart from her name, on what is classed as ~her~ jewellery, as caught her having to read the script as to what the item was and contained..she looked quite flumucsed at times! :54:

...and she is a Dennis Basso fan! :12:

daydreamer

IMO Joan is one of the best comedienne's ever,and I love her stand up comedy,but I gave up watching her flog her gaudy tat on QVC, I find her too OTT and embarrassing to watch.

IMO Joan is one of the best comedienne's ever,and I love her stand up comedy,but I gave up watching her flog her gaudy tat on QVC, I find her too OTT and embarrassing to watch.

Yep - and a pal of Greaseball Basso. I can never make up my mind if she's p*****!

Hi,
I thought Joan was not on her best form at all last night. I heard the QVC comment too and thought it was insulting to her customers from QVC. I used to buy bits from her range, but grew out of my very sparkly phase of jewellery and so sold it all on Ebay and usually buy pearls now, mostly from the gorgeous Ralph.

I thought the variety show was embarrassing and will not be watching again. Joan made some insulting remarks about a variety of people and passed them off as jokes. I used to think Joan was very funny and would watch her QVC shows and laugh out loud at times, but I find her tiresome these days. I am surprised she doesn't get sued - or maybe she does! Poor Vernon Kay looked very uncomfortable at times - he was probably wondering what she was going to say next!
:(:(:(

Remember Gerald Ratner - Joan!!!

Bearing in mind the show went out before 9pm, Joan still made some rather risque remarks. I latched onto the QVC remark too and would think Joan could now be in deep do do with QVC.

It doesn't matter how much plastic surgery you get, although your face and body may look younger, old age still creeps up on the inside, and I think this is happening with Joan. She could well have been reading about her jewellery because she cannot remember.

I have never liked any comedian who gets laughs out of someone else's misery.

Lilian

I was quite suprised when I heard her say that!

To tell the truth, I don't like costume jewellery so I have never bought any of the Rivers stuff, but I think that if I had, I would have been livid that she thought so little of her customers that she could make a joke about them.

It is all par for the course, though - all these celebrities like Lulu work on the cynical principle that people buy into the chimera that is fame and think that if they buy the products they somehow will tap into the same fame that the celebrity has.

What they are actually doing, of course, is making the celebrity even richer and they laugh all the way to the bank.

It explains why the one thing I ever bought from her range, for sentimental reasons, turned my skin green and black when I wore it. Joan has many devoted fans of her range and I don't think they would be amused.

if you're going to be offended by Joan Rivers then you shouldn't be a fan or watch her as thats the way she is...and always has been!

plus did she really say anything untrue, her jewellery is cheap and it is from qvc!

if you're going to be offended by Joan Rivers then you shouldn't be a fan or watch her as thats the way she is...and always has been!

plus did she really say anything untrue, her jewellery is cheap and it is from qvc!

I agree her stuff is from qvc, but it isn't cheap, £50 for something here and £100 for something else, sometimes you can get a real piece for less. She trades on her "name" imho! Still, I think the routine she used to do about childbirth was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

I think you're absolutely right La Princess. What you see is what you get with Ms Rivers, I only wish more people took themselves as seriously as she does. As for cheap, I think you only have to see the price of Costume Jewellery in a Department store to see it's probably on a par. Stick a designer name on an item and the sky's the limit.

I think that's Joan's humour to be honest. In one of her routines she went on about hom she emplyed child labour to make her jewellery cos their fingers are smaller to handle the gems!

I don't think for one minute she means anything she says in her stand up routines, they are just her way of getting laughs.

That's my impression anyway.

Latest posts

Back