New graphics - complete redesign!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Skytvfreak

Registered Shopper
Oh my goodness, what has just appeared on Gems TV? There was nothing wrong with the 2009 graphics, with the recent tweaks applied. The whole point of changing them from the 2008 rebranded orange/green ones was to have less clutter onscreen and have less garish colours!

No doubt they will continue to play around with these new ones but theres still a way to go! Gems TV Extra are now 2 sets behind now :grin:

They are a huge nod back to the 2005-2008 graphics with the curve.

Postives:

The addition of the box with interchanging bits are useful (very TJC!)
Ticker looks better with a white line and coloured text

Negatives:

Too much pink! The curves take over my 40 inch television!
Not sure about the animation of the opening/closing of the graphics.
Make the telephone number smaller
Make the design details bigger
The 'phone early', '30 day MBG' tabs need a white outline

Thoughts?

Last edited:
What is the point, they are truly ghastly graphics, like looking at the channel through a letter box.

Hmmmm!

Oh my goodness, it's like watching Playschool.....

.....now children.......what can you see through the (nearly) round window?

It's the camera work I also have issues with, too much zooming in and excessive close ups - on presenters and jewellery. And then you get the 'roaming' camera man/woman who likes to trip the light fantastic while he/she is filming! :mysmilie_503:

The graphics really take over the screen you can barely see the presenter and the jewellery now!!!

Just popped on to have a look.

The graphics are incredibly intrusive and dominate the screen now. Surely the product should take centre stage and be the focus?

Rod was just standing at a table to present a star buy and you could see the top half of him but the actual product he was showing was completely obscured by the graphics.

Personally I don't mind the pink and the general layout but the whole thing needs sizing down.

The sad thing for me is that I couldn't care less anymore, but I do hope that at some point they'll be able to entice me back.

A step backwards......

I see they've also changed GemsXtra, I was really hoping that would have been left 'as is'.

The points made earlier about the text size I agree with, the phone number dominates over the design details, particularly the bottom line, which is the one I really want to see, ie gold/silver amount etc and is now so hard to see. Even the item number seems like an afterthought.

Also as mentioned above it all looks so dated, we had this few years back and luckily ....in the days when GemsTV actually listened to feedback.....the colours were changed to a translucent silver grey, which was a great improvement. If they wanted to spend some dosh, it should be on the awful music, which has never changed and deleting the irritating sound effects....ie the heartbeat.

Its really a major step backward imo and negatively impacts on the viewing experience. I really don't want to look at a screen dominated by a bubblegum pink!

Copied from the Gems TV page on facebook

"The general theme of comments are about the colour and the amount of the screen the graphic use.

Changing graphics for the channel takes quite a long time to plan and develop. The current graphics have been in production for about 2 months. This is due to the interaction between the graphics machine and the computers that hold the item description and sizes as well as the current price and availability etc.

The production team have measured the visible screen area of the two and there is more useable screen area available now, compared to the old graphics.

However, the new graphics colour is too vivid, and so we will be changing this very soon to make it easier on the eye."

Its a pity they did'nt think about putting more info on the items that go on the web when they move on when things dont sell in the live auctions, if you miss the actual auction and look at the things still available for the hour theres not enough info especially if its loose gem stones

Latest posts

Back