I have lost the plot this last week

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
The title says it all I have lost the plot this last week.
My parents are moving several 100's of miles away this coming week from Cornwall to Lincolnshire so I have been there helping pack up.
This has involved lots of late nights and unplanned eating, Mcdonalds, fish and chips , pasties and chocolate and even more chocolate.
I am also upset that they are moving so far away, they are both in their 70's and have health issues and if they are ill or in hospital it is gong to be just to far for me to get to see them. So I know that I am eating because I'm upset.
I am seeing my "therapist" tomorrow to try and get a handel on the whole issue.
So I am hoping to pull it back before weigh in on Wednesday, but wont be to up set if have gained.

Karen, this happens to all of us at sometime and I sympathise. Emotional eating is a terrible thing and it's difficult to change your mindset and stop connecting food with being upset. This is a good wee article to read and i hope it helps http://www.guardianeatright.co.uk/news/article.cfm?code=27051&article_id=1614 (In fact, I subscribe to the emails and I've found lots of helpful advice there.) Today is Monday, you CAN make a new start!!

I hope you are finding life less difficult. My parents live a good distance away and I dread the day when their health begins to suffer. I'm sure they have good reaons for moving, but i understand how hard this must be for you.
Love Sharon xxxx

Oh Karen. Big hugs poppet, I'd be just as upset if my parents decided to make a move like that. At the moment, they're 10 miles away - close enough that I can drop my washing off but far enough that they're not on my doorstep every 5 minutes!!

As a plus point, it doesn't sound like it's emotional eating - more life getting in the way of the diet. It's a blip, you've done so well so far but go and talk it out with your therapist. It will help I'm sure

Don't beat yourself up - you've been an inspiration to us all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with both Sharon and Jo's comments and don't really have much more to add. You have done very well and as they said this is just a blip. Get back on track today and you will be fine. If you have a small gain on wednesday then don't worry at least you know why and can get back to it and start losing again.

No one ever said losing weight would be plain sailing. If it was we would all be a size 10 :cheeky:

Thank you for your kind words I have started again this morning and am back to taking it one day at a time.
It is the only way I can keep it under any sort of control.
What I don't want to do is give up because I have had a bad week, I have done this so many times in the past that I have lost count.
I am OK while I am losing but once I put on I give up instead of looking at it as a temporary set back.
Karen

You are not alone Karen. We all tend to do this and it is a struggle if we have a bad day or week. As I said losing weight is not easy - just keep it up. Hope you had a good day today x

Latest posts

Back