Longevity?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

candipuff

Registered Shopper
Hi Guys

I am new to buying from the tv channels and I recently purchased a few items including 2 very expensive rings. I was a bit unhappy with the ring shanks being so narrow and thin and the gem settings do seem to be a bit flimsy.

My SO googled Gems TV and TJC and scared me witless with the reports of lost gemstones. Do I have anything to worry about?

No!

The internet is a fantastic place for people to moan! So, you're probably seeing a disproportionate number of negative reviews compared to actual sales.

Having said that, the way that GemsTV keep their costs down is by cutting down on gram weight of shanks. The price of gold and silver has shot up over the past couple of years (you only have to see the number of "let us buy your scrap gold" adverts to see the effect of that).

What you have to compare is whether you've paid a fair price compared to the same or similar ring from a High Street jeweller. Typically GemsTV offer good value for money.

What you DO need to do however (and I would recommend this no matter where you buy) is occasionally ask a local jeweller to loupe your ring to make sure that the prongs holding in stones are all secure. Over time, all prongs can loosen and this is what means you'll lose stones. Incorrect sizing of rings also makes stones come loose. So having your ring checked if it's been sized, is critical.

Latest posts

Back