Bissell Blockbuster carpet cleaner 23/04/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
Todays Bissell blockbuster - the Healthy Home deep cleaner - at £179.99 is more or less the same model, different colour but similar specs, to the Powerwash Powerbrush Select currently on sale on the Bissell Direct site for £99.99. ( well, it looks like it, in my opinion)

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/powerwash-powerbrush-select

It's not on flexi pay, doesn't come with the Oxygen2 powertool and powertool formula and only has a 12 month warranty if purchased from Bissell but it's a £80 saving and is free standard delivery.

You could buy the Oxygen2 tool from Ideal World for £24.99 if you really wanted that. The Oxygen2 formula is 3 bottles for £19.99 from IW. I have found that IW is generally cheaper for the carpet formula anyway and I tend to buy it from them.

Just a thought if you are thinking of buying ................

been thinking of getting one of these for ages but not sure if they are any good,got a vax one but its a load of rubbish

Hi Deanos, I prefer Bissell and have had several models over the past years, ranging from the all singing and dancing ones to the little lightweight Quickwash - most purchased from Ideal world, at special prices, with no problems at all I should add.

My very first cleaner was the Bissell Powerwash Proheat and I worked that poor thing to death but it was superb and lasted several years. That was the start of my love affair with Bissell :heart:

When it died, I got a Hoover carpet cleaner because it was on special at B&Q - not bad but no way as good as the Bissell.

That was followed with a brief affair with a Vax from QVC - a medium size model, cant remember the details - not good and I gave that away. I had been spoiled with the Bissell, I'm afraid.

I then succumbed to a Quickwash from IW as I was strapped for cash, desperately needed a cleaner and it was a good price and on flexipay! The quickwash is very lightweight and was ideal esp for doing upstairs as it is lighter and nippy and easy to use and to clean. It doesn't have a rotating bar or the cleaning hose but was still effective at cleaning, giving reasonable to good results. My daughter then 'borrowed' that on a permanent basis as her cleaner broke.

My creme de la creme from IW was the Proheat Plus x2 - fantastic machine and it was a fantastic price - I've not seen the price bettered anywhere since. It is a heavy machine though, so I bought a little Vax, Spring I think because they were cheap at B&Q, to use upstairs - useless. No more Vax carpet cleaners for for me, but I do love my Vax Air Mach Reach, it is the best vacuum I have ever used. I gave the Vax away and bought a refurb Quickwash from Bissell Direct just to use upstairs as I knew they were good. The refurbs are practically as new, by the way. I couldn't see any difference.

My sister has recently bought the Bissell powerwash deluxe 1694E that was pick of the day on IW and I have to say, it is a very good machine. It doesn't have all the options that mine does but it has the hose and a rotating brush which is an essential I think and cleans her carpets very well - just as good as mine, to be honest. It is not as heavy as mine, about 2kg less, which is an important consideration when carrying it, esp upstairs. The one thing it doesn't have is a carrying handlle, which mine does and that helps when moving it because lets face it, they can be cumbersome. She did have one of the top of the range Vax previously which was forever causing problems - leaking, didn't clean as effectively and despite having a higher wattage and supposed better suction power, left her carpets wet! She had it exchanged, same problems over time so took it to the tip one day in sheer frustration.

The current blockbuster model on IW ( with similar on Bissell Direct :wink: ) has a rotating brush, has the cleaning hose with attachments, has an easy clean front section and has the carrying handle. I think the model is a safe bet to buy. Just depends if you want the package from IW or just the cleaner from Bissell and then buy any extras from IW.

Sorry for the long post but I do think, in my experience, that Bissell are much better than Vax.

I ordered it!! :blush:

I had promised myself if one came along with 4 easy pays AND free P&P I would get it......toddler Grandson is potty training.

No, don't ask! :sweat:

Ordered from Bissell found a 10% off code BISS10 comes in at £89.99 delivered that's £90 saving over IW thanks Dollydimple

The formula is on 3 4 2 as well

Last edited:
I ordered it!! :blush:

I had promised myself if one came along with 4 easy pays AND free P&P I would get it......toddler Grandson is potty training.

No, don't ask! :sweat:

I'm sure you will be really pleased with it and I bet it will be with you within a week then you can have a play with it :giggle:

Don't forget, IW is very competitive for the formula and tends to be cheaper than buying direct from Bissell. I usually wait until they have a p&p free promotion then stockpile it. My daughter tells me that Home Bargains stock the small bottles of Bissell formula for about £2.00 or even less.

Have fun ...... and good luck with the potty training.

Ordered from Bissell found a 10% off code BISS10 comes in at £89.99 delivered that's £90 saving over IW thanks Dollydimple

The formula is on 3 4 2 as well

That's a great saving and I'm sure you will like the cleaner. Bissell tend to deliver really quickly as well. Good deal on the formula 3 for 2, I missed that deal. :blush:

My Bissell is much better than the Vax machine I tried first, complete POS, Bissell is amazing, even if you dont use their forumlas, and mine is a quickwash too :)

My sister got my mother the Bissell Blockbuster carpet cleaner and my mother loves it, she loves the light weight body and quality to it. I bought myself a H2O Mop X5 watching infomercials up late at night couple months ago. I regretted it when I gave my credit card number on the phone, (a large number of infomercial buys are made in when your vulnerable and when you get sucked into the whole bit. ). Anyways when it did arrive I was thinking of returning it and getting the Bissell my sister got for my mother. But once i started using it i was really surprised how well it worked and how well the steam cleaned my oven and floors and carpets. I will be sticking to my H2O MopX5 for sure but its good to know both mops are made of good quality.

I get really confused looking at all the different types of steam mops. Thanks for the recommendation.

Used mine today, fantastic machine

Carpets have been down 7 years and the water was black eeeuuurrrgghh , now the carpet looks very clean

It came with 4 small bottles concentrate and a form to send off for 2yr warranty , :)

Todays Bissell blockbuster - the Healthy Home deep cleaner - at £179.99 is more or less the same model, different colour but similar specs, to the Powerwash Powerbrush Select currently on sale on the Bissell Direct site for £99.99. ( well, it looks like it, in my opinion)

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/powerwash-powerbrush-select

It's not on flexi pay, doesn't come with the Oxygen2 powertool and powertool formula and only has a 12 month warranty if purchased from Bissell but it's a £80 saving and is free standard delivery.

You could buy the Oxygen2 tool from Ideal World for £24.99 if you really wanted that. The Oxygen2 formula is 3 bottles for £19.99 from IW. I have top carpet cleaning kelowna that IW is generally cheaper for the carpet formula anyway and I tend to buy it from them.

Just a thought if you are thinking of buying ................

Hello,
Thanks for this information.
I like to recommend you a product name CIF. Try this out and see a result.
This product is available at every supermarket and its so affordable...

Latest posts

Back