Advice please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saffy

Registered Shopper
I have an 18ct gold chain which is really too short for me. With the price of gold being what it is & the cost of buying a longer chain I was considering buying a chain extender. What I would like to know is ... could I use a 9ct extender, or would this wear away at the main chain as it is a harder gold? Also can anybody recommend a place where I could buy such a thing? Hoping somebody can help & point me in the right directon!

Hi Saffy, I'm not sure where you could get a 9k extender from, but if you could, there should be no reason why it can't be used with your chain, so long as the style of links match up.

As an alternative to shelling out heaps for a replacement 18k gold chain, I have recently bought from TJC a 14k gold overlay 24" inch for £9.95, from a live TV auction. Two advantages, firstly weight of 2.4gms, and secondly it has a round slider link so you can vary the length and I was very pleased with the quality. Just type chains in their search box! Mine came up on page 3 under the Vincenza collection, for yellow gold but plenty of choice in other ranges for white.

Also QVC sell Veronese 18k bonded over silver chains and I have some of the Veneziana ones, quite heavy and robust..if you are wanting one in yellow. Have tried and failed to do any links, sorry!

I bought a 9ct extender chain with a magnatized clasp from QVC. I wouldn't be without it. I also bought gold coloured ones from "Kleeneze" but they go black very quickly.

Hi Saffy :hi: I've never come across an 18K extender but here are a couple of sellers on the Bay who sell 9K and in various lengths. HTH Sx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280701943...43369&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270905121...21034&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Springflower I bought a few of Q's magnetic clasp extenders (but without chain) and they are fab but annoyingly they are no longer stocked :headbang: which seems daft as they always sold out every time.

Latest posts

Back