Skechers - anyone tried them?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i love skechers. yes they are wide fitting and yes some are as light as a feather. They make excellent holiday shoes as you can take a few pairs without killing your baggage budget.
i have the T-light sandals, the junkets and some of the higher heeled mule type sandals all types are feather light and the toe posts have never given me a moment of pain (and i usually suffer dreadfully). I didnt realise that the t-lights(bought from QVC) where toe posts until they arrived but they are a dream to walk in. I have a few of the trainers and i find that they come up big(wide) and i tend to go for the elastic laces (for speed) which i find excellent to walk in and neat looking. I do use some for aerobics but i dont think the ones i have would be good for jogging etc. The only type i dont have are the shape ups as i found them too bulky and big looking (i have a size 8 so i am paranoid about wearing boats lol) but my husband has a pair (size 12) and he loves them

i love the look of the Modiste Mules but i have tried them on in the shop and they were all too wide for me

Last edited:
I, too, love Skechers. I have a pair of Toners (like the TSV), a pair of Shapers trainers and a pair of Shapers sandals. Also my main, ordinary, trainers are Skechers (a Biker style). I can have problems with one foot and ankle (after an injury many years ago) I find the Skechers not only light and cushioned, and so very comfortable, but very supportive too. The rocking motion of the Toners and Shapers takes a bit of getting used to, but I really don't notice it any more and find that wearing them for long periods helps reduce the amount of swelling I get over my damaged joints, as well as making my glutes feel quite worked!

The only Skechers I have are pale pink suede desert/Timberland style boots and they're really fab. Very comfortable but as they're hulking great boots I wouldn't say they were like walking on air. They have lasted really well though and still look really good even after plenty of wear.

I am watching the repeat hour with cheesy Charlie. I like some of the shoes, but the guest is driving me nuts. Every other word is 'sort of'. Has anyone else noticed that. I am finding myself waiting for her to say it.

They lost my attention early on, I like the look of the tsv but then went to look online, but yes, I did 'sort of' notice - arghh, we've prob got another 5,000 'sort ofs' to come today if we want to see the styles. Won't be buying I'm on an abstination programme...sob!

I am watching the repeat hour with cheesy Charlie. I like some of the shoes, but the guest is driving me nuts. Every other word is 'sort of'. Has anyone else noticed that. I am finding myself waiting for her to say it.

Got totally on my nerves too Itchy.

I am wearing my sketchers shape up trainers now! I love them - they feel good and I don't usually wear any footwear in the house. I bought them from JJB as they were recently doing everything half price. I am not sure that they will magically tone me up but they make me feel good and that works for me!

It's nearly all Skechers in one way or another on our shoe rack at home. They're OH's shoes of choice for everyday wear and I have trainers, sandals and boots.
Generous sizing and very comfortable.
Never had a pair yet that gave me blisters.
But, never bought any of the telly.
Most of ours come from the famous High St discount store or the big virtual shop on the famous river.
And I was fortunate enough to pick up a great pair of biker style boots from the Shrewsbury outlet last autumn which have been worn loads and still look good..

Another vote, not from me but from my Ma. She has a couple of pairs of Mary Janes from the brand and adores them. Very comfy, lightweight and easily slip off and onnable. I've been wondering whether to invest in some myself...

Another fan here. I love the Biker style. Very comfy and a really good casual shoe which are great for holidays.

thanks for this thread. I don't take notice of any shoes on QVC as I have wide feet and a dodgy ankle from a sprain/break years ago.

So, I'm off to check the Skechers schedule (easy for you to say) and might invest in a pair.

Linda xx

I have narrow feet, and whilst I can wear the trainers no problem I found the sandle typoe shoes always too big for me, even if I went down a size ( I am 4.5)
Also found the stiching coming undone on one pair, but shop exchanged and had no further issues. However, DD ended up with them and I stick to Birkies

I have sketchers, but have also got bad feet since a child, had my bunions done in my early twenties and although they seem comfortable at first I also end up with sore feet I find them a little wide for my feet I also have bought mine from TKMAKK and Boundary Mill and have been very good prices.

From google search - - - -

Skechers is an American shoe company that creates trendy, casual shoes for men and women ages 19 to 40. The multimillion-dollar company produces over 900 different shoe styles in manufacturing facilities in China, Romania, Mexico and Brazil.

Note the age limits LOL

Ah yes, but most of the young are wearing 5/6 inch heels!!! so we're just keeping them going till they need them!!!!!!

I'm 74 next birthday......well next month actually. I have two pairs of Sketchers - both Mary Jane style. They are so comfortable, right from the word go. I got both pairs from QVC. I know I could have got them cheaper elsewhere but the 30 day MBG is very useful. I bought a pair of Sketchers trainers whilst holidaying in Florida a few years ago and they also are very comfortable. As we stay with our son and family I leave them out there - good for dog walking!!

Love Sketcher's have one pair bought from QVC with I wear & wear although I have a Sketchers shop nearby so will choose to go in & try rather than buy from QVC.But great shoes & very light & comfortable .

I'd like to try the TSV, I like the fact the main strap is high on the foot. Unfortunately I don't like the oversized jewels! Will watch later today to see if there's anything similar, I also have a dodgy ankle and some of the really thick soled ones look good but would be scared of falling off!! :doh:

Latest posts

Back