Skechers - anyone tried them?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think, judging by her accent, she might come from the area near me. I'm afraid we may be to blame … you hear a lot of it up here!

Mine was a severe sprain (no break, but ligaments all over the place!) and I managed to sprain and severely bruise half my toes and the ball of my foot and, as you'll know, those kind of injuries never go back to the way they were 'before'. Skechers have made such a difference to my feet.

Well, clearly I should have stopped wearing them by now …
I think that's certainly the demographic they aim the advertising at (what with one of the Kardashians being a poster-girl), but I'm not sure most people appreciate magnificance of having comfy shoes until almost the upper limit of that age …

I really like the look of the TSV.I can't wear "flat" sandals or shoes and these do look comfy.For once,I don't actually think they are a bad price.I do however have 2 pairs of fitflops,which are practically the same thing......although these look more "springy" with a bit of bling!

I have ordered the TSV in the black on the strength of all these positive reviews. I was not sure about those big plastic embellishment , but apparently, they can be easily removed if we don't like them.

I have several pairs of toning trainers, but have never yet tried any skechers shoe. Recently, although I don't like SportsDirect.com and their policies, I did purchase two pairs of Avia toning trainers for £10 a pair - what a bargain! They are gr8! It puts me off paying a lot more from other brands to get the same type of shoe.

Some Sketchers sandals look very much like Fitflops but only at a fraction of the price.
For Example Fitflops £75

prod_1013.jpg

http://www.wardwalkers.com/category/127/FiFlop_Ladies

Sketchers £38.50 plus P&P £4.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.102526.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

Sketchers TSV?? no, they are Fitflops at RRP £50.but selling at £40
prod_799.jpg

Some of the Fitflops are gorgeous and they are comfortable and very light, but of course you pay more:thinking:

I have ordered the TSV in the black on the strength of all these positive reviews. I was not sure about those big plastic embellishment , but apparently, they can be easily removed if we don't like them.

I think I might order them now CTD, if I can't wear them for too long, being so light I can tuck them in my Kipling bag till I get there!

I love my Skechers! I have two pairs of the Biker style, the Sassie Amelia (I think, just previewed on the 8pm shoes) in taupe and a couple of pairs of the toepost wedges - Hong Kong style, lol. I also have an ancient pair I wear in the garden, still holding up after maybe 10 years?! Very comfy. Does anyone else find them on the large size though? I had to send back my Amelia and order a size down, and since then I have tried my Biker trainers on to compare and they are also very roomy. Wish I had realised earlier as I think the 4 would have been much better for me :confused:

I've had a pair of Skechers "Bikers Waterlily" trainers/pumps for several years. At first they did rub on my heels a bit where the stitching is a bit lumpy, but other than that they are very very comfortable - yes, light as a feather, good size, and a really nice shape too - I shove them on and forget I'm wearing them :clapping:

I tried a pair of sandals on in TK Maxx in my usual size and they were far too big and made my feet look huge. I did like the look of the Amelia Mary Jane but loathe to order off TV as the sizing seems a bit hit and miss.

Had a visit from my mum yesterday when Q happened to be on. She exclaimed "how much?" at a pair of Sketchers. Apparently my sister in law loves them and gets hers for half the price from outlet villages like McArrthur Glen and others like them.

I'm jealous as I wanted to order these but went beauty-mad last weekend and cannot spend anymore on QVC unless it is an absolute emergency, e.g. 12 easypays on a £10 item...

Do please let us know what you think of these when you get your feet in them!

I didn't buy them either because I have no money.If the weather carries on like this summer shoes will be pointless....but I did like them.Please let us know what you feel when you get them!

I didn't buy them because I have so many pairs of shoes. I hardly ever wear sandals as I feel the cold so much and already bought some birkis in Feb from the clearance section (thanks to whoever alerted me to the clearance). I would love to know what people think about the Sketchers TSV.

Just bought a lovely pair of black suede Merrell Yarra boots on Amazon. A return that appeared to just have a spec of glue on the suede. Wore them out in the mud and rain on their first outing and just wiped off the mud.

Unfortunately, my TSV's will be going back tomorrow. Really like them, they are comfortable and it would be easy to remove the embellishment, but the heels are very squishy (I obviously wasn't paying attention during the show) and I know from painful experience with similar shoes they throw my back out.

However I did order the ones below at the same time and they are fab! Heel a bit squishy but because they are flattish I think I will get away with it over short distances. They come quite high up the foot so feel really secure. Am very pleased and would recommend. :up:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.102433.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

Latest posts

Back