Northern Nights 350 thread count sheets

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Puss in Boots

Registered Shopper
I gave in and ordered a pair of 350 thread count sheets. Whilst they have a lovely feel to them after one night on the bed they are very badly creased and look awful. I don't normally iron sheets but after washing and then tumble drying them they came out so badly creased I just had to get the iron to them.

Has anyone who use these sheets had any problems with the bad creasing.

Puss in Boots

Yes..mine were like old rags too!
If I have to tumble them now I take them out damp,but still iron them.
Def not easy care!

They are terrible unless you line dry them and wash them on a none crease cycle. I add that none iron fabric conditioner and seems to help but thats why i stick with flannel now. However, thinking about how many times you turn over in bed ,unless you have a show home then who cares if its creased so long as its comfy and warm. Thats just my opinion of course as not everyone is the same. Its better than poly -cotton which is cheap and nasty and does not allow the skin to breath properly. I would rather have good quality bed linen that will last and wash and wash than something that looks pristine and when you consider that you do lots of things in bed like sleep, eat, surf and s..g :32: and then the pillows end up on the floor and you wake up with the buttons on the side then it doesnt really matter much to me. I guess its what your used to :64: :47::62::4:

I do love an ironed sheet though! I have a fitted bottom sheet and I put it on the bed first then whiz the iron over it in situ.

I think if you wash over the recommended 30 degrees or put them in a dryer too long then they crease; but this is the case with all good linen, they shouldn't say it is easy care cos they just aren't. :33:

I do love an ironed sheet though! I have a fitted bottom sheet and I put it on the bed first then whiz the iron over it in situ.

When I read this it reminded me of my nana, she was sooooooo house proud, it did make me grin, thank you. :1:

I love my NN cotton bedlinen...but always line dry or rad dry...then iron when slightly damp, they are easy to cool when in bed if hot....just get up shake the feather bed and it is cool again! :1:

daydreamer

high thread count sheets. the truth.....

i have some norhern nights bedding and even though they are lovely and soft (specially if you have a pure down duvet) to me they are luxurious to sleep with as they are so very soft and being pure cotton lovely on the skin etc. but and this to me is the rub. that is where the luxury kind of ends. if you go in to high end department stores have you noticed the look and feel of the high end high thread count sheets. the feel is a lot heavier and the weave a lot tighter. that is because the threads are a lot thicker to start off with. i was shocked when i first bought northern nights. the wieght of the fabric is very light. this is what makes it crush so easily.also i imagine this is why it is a lot cheaper than store bought high thread counts. i do feel that people in the stores who pay for high thread counts would not rate northern nights highly.but for the price i have kept my bedding as i like the feel of the casual softness but next to my high street high thread count it does look shabby and crushed.will not buy any more though as it just does not look smart enough.

I gave in and ordered a pair of 350 thread count sheets. Whilst they have a lovely feel to them after one night on the bed they are very badly creased and look awful. I don't normally iron sheets but after washing and then tumble drying them they came out so badly creased I just had to get the iron to them.

Has anyone who use these sheets had any problems with the bad creasing.

Puss in Boots

My 300 Thread Count sheets are badly creased and the pilowcases have gone out of shape. Like you say they look awful, good job we never have people to stay.

Life is too short to spend time ironing sheets, pillowcases and teatowels. I do have a friends who takes ironing to the extreme and she irons underpants and socks!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheets get creased the first time you sleep on them or do other things :eek:)

i have some norhern nights bedding and even though they are lovely and soft (specially if you have a pure down duvet) to me they are luxurious to sleep with as they are so very soft and being pure cotton lovely on the skin etc. but and this to me is the rub. that is where the luxury kind of ends. if you go in to high end department stores have you noticed the look and feel of the high end high thread count sheets. the feel is a lot heavier and the weave a lot tighter. that is because the threads are a lot thicker to start off with. i was shocked when i first bought northern nights. the wieght of the fabric is very light. this is what makes it crush so easily.also i imagine this is why it is a lot cheaper than store bought high thread counts. i do feel that people in the stores who pay for high thread counts would not rate northern nights highly.but for the price i have kept my bedding as i like the feel of the casual softness but next to my high street high thread count it does look shabby and crushed.will not buy any more though as it just does not look smart enough.

Never tried NN, but had been looking into new sheets recently. What you say about different stores makes alot of sence. I just searched on the issue and found this

http://www.selectcomfort.com/produc...lay.cfm?title=&siteLocation=001~2~28~5~3-2590

Latest posts

Back