Baggage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Am I right in thinking that most airlines allow you a cabin bag and a handbag? Not much of a traveller, when I last went away in 2009 I just took a large handbag. Thinking of a small, inpractical handbag this time, and a practical bigger bag to check in as cabin luggage. Is this ok?! Have no idea who I am flying with, think it was Thomson last time so will prob be the same as we're going back to same place, just says 'budget flight'. That makes me sound like a right cheapskate now, haha! The bleedin holiday is costing enough, so I am glad the only option was budget, haha!!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

You need to check with terms and conditions of each airline Capirossi but nowadays
most airport security will only allow you one piece of hand luggage
so you have to put your handbag inside a holdall or small suitcase if you want to take both

Thanks Bluebell. I think I'll give Travel Republic a call, clear things up! :happy:

I agree with Bluebell - one bag is all they'll allow.

We flew with Thomson last September, so this may be out of date now, of course, but back then they made a big fuss about telling us we had to put handbags, laptop bags, etc inside our single piece of carry on luggage.

Last edited:
Most airlines only allow the one bag as the others have advised. Also be very careful about the weight as lots are now checking the weight of them. Most allow 5kg but some allow 7kg - you need to check your confirmation.

Sheesh - since when, and why did they get so strict?! I keep meaning to check on the website. Think I'll have a good look tonight. I was only planning on taking the bare essentials anyway, I just hate the thought of one big, disorganized bag. Ocd :p haha! Thanks all for the advice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Read your original post again Capirossi and when you say check in one cabin bag :confused:

Most charter (holiday) flights let you check in a suitcase (20kg)
but can be less with some airlines so you need to check your booking
in to the hold of the aircraft which means you dont see it again until you get off the plane
and you can take one piece of hand luggage through security and on to the aircraft cabin

A lot of airlines now charge extra for a bag/suitcase to go in the hold now so most people try to stuff as much into
a small suitcase and take it in the cabin with them and thats why airlines are making more and more restrictions

Dont forget that you have liquid restrictions if you are just taking carry on luggage in to the cabin
1000ml in containers no larger than 100ml each

I flew BA and took a fair size holdall and a large handbag as hand luggage. There was a notice at check in to say you could take one holdall and one laptop case so I guess my handbag was allowed in lieu of a computer bag.

I flew BA and took a fair size holdall and a large handbag as hand luggage. There was a notice at check in to say you could take one holdall and one laptop case so I guess my handbag was allowed in lieu of a computer bag.

BA tend to be a lot more generous with their luggage allowances compared to "budget" airlines

Latest posts

Back