French Open - Roland Garros

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
Starts today YAY!!!!!!! :mysmilie_378:No real biggies in action on day I but some interesting matches to look forward to such as Del Potro v Montanes, Mahut v Roddick and Baltacha v Stosur which is very difficult opening encounter for our girl and unless the huge-hitting Stosur is way off her game it will be an early bath for Elena. Today's schedule of play is here Murray apparently has a secret weapon in his bid to win his first Grand Slam....he's reported to have taken his own bed to France http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2150482/FRENCH-OPEN-2012-Andy-Murray-Murray-seeks-home-help.html Well I suppose he has to try anything when he's this desperate but he's still wittering on about an alleged back injury :rolleyes:....imho damage limitation waffle in case he's knocked out early. If Murray bombs at this Slam I can't see his collaboration with Lendl lasting too much longer because obviously AM will need to blame someone else for his continuing lack of success. Nadal is in great clay form now so....GO NADS for your SEVENTH :happy: French title. Sky Eurosport coverage begins in 5 minutes so I'm orff!! :up:

Thank goodness for some proper sport to watch :wink: I'll try and catch as much of it as I can, obvs I'm shouting for Nadal alllllll the way! Kepping an interested eye on Heather Watson too as she seems to have a little more fire in her belly than the average British tennis player.

Great day yesterday (Tuesday)...that shrieking b*tch Azarenka almost had an early bath after being taken to 3 sets by the 105 seed Brianti, so that scare should have taken gobby down from her pedastal a bit.....good. :up: Rafa :heart: cruised through his 1st round match in under two hours with a staight sets win over Bollelli.....even better. :clapping: But the highlight for me (and Fraggs no doubt :wink:) was the defeat of Serena Williams by the 111 seed Viginie Razzano!! :muscle: Williams was absolutely gutted...woohoo!!:mysmilie_378:Deep joy. :flower:The best. :grin:

Yes that made my day yesterday too BW, what a mush on it although she was rather more gracious in defeat than Butch was.

Rafa had a very easy 6-2 6-2 6-0 match earlier today against Istomin and his forehand was ferocious :muscle: so it's looking good for our gorgeous boy. :heart:

My second fave player Ferrer had an easy straight sets match today as did Raonic who is a star in the making.

I love most all of the Spanish players but I dislike the scowling, bad tempered Almagro intensely and I was very sorry to see him beat the always smiling Bhagdatis today.

I see Murray was up to his old tricks again, feigning injury when he's behind, then all the drama with a time out for treatment all intended to interrupt his opponent's flow, and then (as usual) he miraculously comes storming back into the match without a sign of any discomfort. I hate these cynical distracting tactics of his and when he was asked about this 'injury' in his post match press conference his body language and inability to look straight into the camera gave his guilt away imo. The vile git won't get past the big guns but I hate to see his ugly mug in the meantime.

Just been watching an absorbing match between Tipsaravic and Chardy which Jankko should win easily and then I'm looking forward to Heather Watson v Goerges which will be a toughy for Watson but she's a gutsy little player and I have high hopes for another win. Out of all the British girls she is my favourite and I really hope she does well.

The first two sets of the Sharapova v Zakopalova match this afternoon were utterly absorbing - I haven't been so engrossed in a women's match for a very long time.

I didn't like the first set of Murray v Gasquet though - very worrying. Murray cannot afford to play like that against the big guns.

Yes that was a fab women's match Lippy but I was disappointed that the screaming b*tch Sharapova won in the end and I was shocked that Li was beaten so easily by Shvedova. I was very, very happy to see Cibulkova dominate the other shrieking tart Azarenka who was beginning to believe she was unbeatable, I read she is now taking a break (aka sulk)...GOOD. :up: Cibulkova is such a dynamic little fighter and I'm looking forward to her match today even though I like Stosur I shall be rooting for the "pocket rocket". :happy:

Murray was booed onto the court and throughout his match with Gasquet for being a drama queen over his alleged back injury and was constantly alluding to it by gestures and grimacing towards his box. :rolleyes: However, Gitface will have a much tougher match next against Ferrer which even if he wins (which I doubt) he will he will most likely meet Nadal in the semis and that will be his lot. I predict that if Murray starts badly and is in danger of getting a good thrashing he will bring the injury out once again and retire from the match.

Well Lippy even Virginia Wade called him a drama queen on air because of his shenanigans during the Nieminem match and that sent him into a whingeing strop to the media. Oh dear, I bet he had a right old tantrum with his mummy about nasty old Virginia. :grin:

Back to today now

C'MON DEL POTRO!!!!!

C'MON TSONGA!!!!!

I have been flicking between the two matches all afternoon. It looked just now like they were going to finish at the same time. Sooooo pleased to see Federer win, although disappointing that Del Potro was injured, because I do like him too. I'm not really bothered who wins out of Djokovic v Tsonga, but it's an absorbing contest.

Initially I was disappointed Sue that Djok won but after thinking it through i'm not... I want our boy to wipe him off the court come Sunday to prove a point, to himself as much as anybody else ahead of Wimbers. After seeing Nads demolish Monaco yesterday he looks in awesome form.

Disappointed to see that because of UK tax changes we get no Nadal at Queens this year so he'd better make the end of the French good for me!!

Well I certainly managed to kill this thread lol

On the bright side though I thought Nadal was awesome today against Ferrer. Ferrer played as well if not better than he did against Murray it's just Nadal made him appear ordinary.

If this Nadal comes out at Roland Garros on Sunday I don't see Djok standing a chance of beating him.

Hi again Fraggs!! No you didn't kill it hon, I haven't posted a reply so far because I just lost interest in the Drop a bit...there's not much action presently unless it's about bliddy nails. :rolleyes: Anyway, back to the biz....Rafa was magnifique against Ferrer and our boy totally dominated in what could have been a VERY tricky match but he sailed through without his usual slow start which was fab to see. Nad's attempt at speaking French to the crowd at the end was very charming I thought and omg he's getting even more gorgeous as he gets older. :heart: The Djokovic/Federer match was also an easy win for Novak and I was quite surprised it was in straight sets and I have to admit that Djokovic seems to have his A game back after going off the boil a bit, so I am slightly concerned about the final. Of course both players have their own extra motivation to win this year so it should be a fantastic match but the nerves are already building at Chez Hammond.
scared2.gif

As for the women's final today ...I soooooo want Errani to beat the shrieking b*tch and wouldn't it be wonderful for her after she's already won the doubles!! :up:

OMG!! RAFA HAS DONE IT!!! HE'S MADE HISTORY AND BROKEN BORG'S RECORD!!! I WAS SO TENSE I'VE GOT A BLIDDY HEADACHE BUT IT'S WORTH IT!!! :mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

Can I look yet??

I don't think I was this tense even during that epic Wimbledon final with Federer!!

It was all those bliddy interruptions Fraggs and Djokovic is such a comeback kid I was really scared he'd do it again yesterday when he took the third set so convincingly and when rain stopped play last evening he was on a fantastic roll, but I had a feeling he wouldn't be able to pick it up again today. Rafa was very focused right from the start of this match and came out today with a very determined look about him and I just knew he was destined to win, but I was still really tense because I wanted it for him so much. :sweat: The scenes at the end when he clambered up to his box were amazing (silly tart here was crying :blush:) and during the presentation he clonked himself on the cheek with his trophy and then forgot to bite it lol. I am so happy I forgive him for not being at Queens this week. Now I want him to win another Wimbledon title... bring it on!! :muscle:

YAY!!! Here it is...the Rafa Bite!! :clapping:

Taken from BBC website

_60827588_60827586.jpg

Such lovely teef. :heart: And eveything else. :heart: :heart: :heart:

It was all those bliddy interruptions Fraggs and Djokovic is such a comeback kid I was really scared he'd do it again yesterday when he took the third set so convincingly and when rain stopped play last evening he was on a fantastic roll, but I had a feeling he wouldn't be able to pick it up again today. Rafa was very focused right from the start of this match and came out today with a very determined look about him and I just knew he was destined to win, but I was still really tense because I wanted it for him so much. :sweat: The scenes at the end when he clambered up to his box were amazing (silly tart here was crying :blush:) and during the presentation he clonked himself on the cheek with his trophy and then forgot to bite it lol. I am so happy I forgive him for not being at Queens this week. Now I want him to win another Wimbledon title... bring it on!! :muscle:

I honestly felt our guy was the better player in the final, Djok only started to regain the ascendency when the rain started to weigh down the balls with clay making it impossible for Nadal to use his top spin effectively which cripples his game. They should have been taken off court earlier than they were and I will never understand why they leave playing the final so late when the weather forecast is poor - just pull it forward a few hours! All credit to Djokovic though - he never thinks he is beaten and he is always a threat for a comeback. Like you I took one look at Nadal this morning and knew he had refocused to win this especially when he immediately broke serve.

He's going to be late to Halle bless him, wonder how Fed feels having been the top draw at that tournament for so long! Stupid British tax laws meaning we don't get him here any more grrr!!! Mind you looking at the forecast he's better off in Germany!

Couldn't be happier for Rafa...all the more deserved because he is such a ****** lovely bloke. Hope we get some play at Queens today, but after that WIMBLEDON. Bring it on!!

Latest posts

Back