Super Sunday 1st July!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

@SCW-Hope your mum is better soon! Kind of you to think of us while you are to-ing & fro-ing. And thanks to Sazza and others who have been great. About the YC tart burner, could you use a non-stick cooking spray first on the 'well' before placing the tart? ie: FryLight,Tesco,£1.68/250ml or Wilton cake spray? They are to be used on baking tins so food doesn't stick. Would a spritz of this enable the tart to 'plop' out? Just wondering. x Snarly

After you have switched it off and the wax has solidified, just switch it on briefly and the warmth helps to make the wax removal easier - hth.

I was just coming to post that!!!!

Perfect Formula 4 Piece Nail Essentials Collection
Item Number: 201243
QVC Price £18.00
Today's Special Value Price £14.96
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.as...ms.item.201243

This set is exactly the same as the set they had last summer as a "try me", they have just changed the item number and it was 40p cheaper then and the P&P was 50p cheaper!

Sazza, I was just thinking the same thing - I bought the Try Me and it was quite nice, I'm dithering over whether to buy this set for my mom or not.

I bought it when it was a try me but wasn't overly impressed, felt it peeled off despite them saying it should last a week. I have not used the top coat, always use NI Caviar top coat but I did like the moisturiser as it is not greasy.

Thanks for fab sleuthing SCW!

Bruno causing havoc in the kitchen. Hot water going everywhere when the steamer basket handles detached opps!

that was just sooo funny

It was rather Ian, particularly as OH & I had already decided that would undoubtedly be the scenario were we to purchase said item (or at least one of them, all equally disastrous & involving boiling water/ruined food/lots of swearing! lol)......looks like we were right!

:mysmilie_847: :mysmilie_458:

p.s. Ta again for all your hard work (& Sazza's!), my Elemis TSV was shipped yesterday, so looking forward to getting it! You're a lickle star! xx :mysmilie_12:

Hope your mum will be feeling a bit better soon! xx

Thanks for posting details of the tsvs.
My abc set was shipped yesterday afternoon and my elemis one arrived Friday.
I Appreciate the efforts you go to.

Awwww you're welcome!! I'm delighted you love it and the fragrance has taken you on a trip down memory lane!! Keep us posted about the M&S EDP - I'd love to know if the fragrance is the same!

Message again for Flamenco. NO!!! YUK!! Not at all the same. Made me smell like a coconut macaroon, very cloying and did not fade. Have just contacted M&S to return under the DSR as luckily I purchased online. It was the vanilla monoi one, and whilst I like warm, spicy vanilla, this one was so sweet and intense it gave me headache.

Still loving the Hei Poa.

Just noticed that there was a common thread in all my fave smells over the years, Tiare flower, Gardenia flower, which are similar and feature in the Monoi moisture melt, the Hei Poa and and another all time favoutite of mine L'Air du Temps and more recently my budget Avon Perceive. I didn't realise that I have been lusting after the same floral scents all my life. And it's down to you Flamenco!

Message again for Flamenco. NO!!! YUK!! Not at all the same. Made me smell like a coconut macaroon, very cloying and did not fade. Have just contacted M&S to return under the DSR as luckily I purchased online. It was the vanilla monoi one, and whilst I like warm, spicy vanilla, this one was so sweet and intense it gave me headache.

Still loving the Hei Poa.

Just noticed that there was a common thread in all my fave smells over the years, Tiare flower, Gardenia flower, which are similar and feature in the Monoi moisture melt, the Hei Poa and and another all time favoutite of mine L'Air du Temps and more recently my budget Avon Perceive. I didn't realise that I have been lusting after the same floral scents all my life. And it's down to you Flamenco!

I'm blushing! Thanks! Actually, I just ordered the Hei Poa from Amazon for just over £22 with free postage (cheaper than Bath & Unwind who were asking for £25 plus £3.95 postage), as I really love the fragrance and had forgotten how much I did! Talking about perfumes, I found a vintage bottle of Eau de Joy by Jean Patou for £2.50 at a car boot sale on Sunday. It must be about at least 25-30 years old, but it had never been opened and smells heavenly. Its like a pure hit of jasmine, with rose undertones. Love it and it hasn't gone off at all over time. Hubby isn't son keen on it though.

Good on you for returning the M&S one though - I'm not a fan of M&S or NEXT fragrances, too copy-cat for me though.

Latest posts

Back