Whatever happened to Tim?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

still18inmyhead

Registered Shopper
There used to be a guy called Tim who was a guest originally with computers etc, and went on to be a presenter of those type of shows. What happened to him? Also my OH liked LJ who came later.

Tim is now to be found on Argos TV doing exactly the same as he used to do on QVC.
As for LJ she has disappeared of the face of shopping TV.
Hope this helps.

There used to be a guy called Tim who was a guest originally with computers etc, and went on to be a presenter of those type of shows. What happened to him? Also my OH liked LJ who came later.
I've seen LJ on Click on BBC demoing and discussing Gadgetry etc. I thought Tim was leaving Q to study psychology or something similar.

I've said this before, but I saw him live on Q when he had to stand in for Julian who hadn't turned up due to illness. Tim Goodwin did not seem very pleased about this last-minute change, and during the show he remarked "Julian is as ill as a newt".

Tim never appeared on QVC again as far as I can remember. He was one of my favourite presnters too.

I've said this before, but I saw him live on Q when he had to stand in for Julian who hadn't turned up due to illness. Tim Goodwin did not seem very pleased about this last-minute change, and during the show he remarked "Julian is as ill as a newt".

Tim never appeared on QVC again as far as I can remember. He was one of my favourite presnters too.

This is the reason for his sudden departure you mean ?!

Tim is now to be found on Argos TV doing exactly the same as he used to do on QVC.

Not watched QVC for years now but I did tune in on Sunday and for some reason went up one to Argos TV and there Tim was looking somewhat thinner and greyer :( But still with the same strange jokes ! I was watching for a few momenrts not even realizing it was him actually, I think the other female presenter called him Tim then I realized, he needs to be back on QVC really IMO. He seems lost on any other channel. Argos TV is all prerecorded it seems to me

A bit of ST trivia: I believe he's the brother of presenter Jess (JML) Levy.

Apologies if this is incorrect.

Jude xx

i liked tim too. in the early days of computers he had a series of 1 hour tutorial shows that they put on during the night. they were very useful.

Just bumped this because I've just found him on Argos TV.

He is very good, with lots of tongue-in-cheek remarks (like the one that got him sacked from QVC).

He was showing a TV, he brought up the EPG, and we then had a closeup of QVC's shows for today LOL.

BTW he now has white hair.

Theres another presenter on Argos tv im sure he used to be the guest for some of the tech shows and very easy on the eye , ok hes gawjus lol called Darren simons . I may well have to start watching Argos tv more lol

Theres another presenter on Argos tv im sure he used to be the guest for some of the tech shows and very easy on the eye , ok hes gawjus lol called Darren simons . I may well have to start watching Argos tv more lol

i just had a look and it was so nice to see tim again, i think i might be joining you ;)

I liked Tim, so will pop over for a look. What was the reason/remark thaat got him booted out qvc? I doubt it was anything worse than others have blurted out.

The remark is further up this thread, my post, number 4.

He was also showing the "Deal of the Day" ipad 2 16GB for £299 with free PP and a £10 voucher to spend at Argos.

How proposterously Childish of qvc, Im sure Julian wouldnt have been that offended, seems like he can take a joke. To sack Tim, there and then, if thats what they did was churlish and where did it leave poor Tim, who was probably just making a truthful remark. I know he did those daft small office home office hours but he also did gardening shows etc. Nice bloke.

The remark is further up this thread, my post, number 4.

He was also showing the "Deal of the Day" ipad 2 16GB for £299 with free PP and a £10 voucher to spend at Argos.

Did you go for it ? We're all waiting for you to post that you have bought one!

It is 2 generations out of date, so if I eventually get one, I'll get the latest model.

I've been looking at other makes eg Archos. I was impressed at first as it was very thin, and had a magnetic cover that was also a stand and KEYBOARD. Then I discovered it had no back camera, so ruled it out.

I want all the features of an ipad PLUS expandable memory, USB connection, and HDMI connection.

Latest posts

Back