Wimbledon 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never would I put anybody above Rafa :mysmilie_865: you should know me well enough to know that Busy. :flower: I probably did put the mockers on him by saying that I fancied him to win...me and my GREAT BIG GOB. :angry: :mysmilie_11:

Aside to this I wish somebody from the WTA would have a word with Sharapova and tell her to STOP SHRIEKING!!!!!! Her ridiculous feckin noise is unbearable and spoils every match she plays. :angry: I'm convinced it's all done to distract and put off her opponents cos it bliddy well puts me right off. :angry: It's a toss up between her and Williams who I dislike more this year. I'm not in a good mood after last night.

Never would I put anybody above Rafa :mysmilie_865: you should know me well enough to know that Busy. :flower: I probably did put the mockers on him by saying that I fancied him to win...me and my GREAT BIG GOB. :angry: :mysmilie_11:

Aside to this I wish somebody from the WTA would have a word with Sharapova and tell her to STOP SHRIEKING!!!!!! Her ridiculous feckin noise is unbearable and spoils every match she plays. :angry: I'm convinced it's all done to distract and put off her opponents cos it bliddy well puts me right off. :angry: It's a toss up between her and Williams who I dislike more this year. I'm not in a good mood after last night.

I didn't think you would be!

As for Sharapova, I just can't watch her matches any more because of the noise, it's totally out of order and she needs to be penalised. I'm damn sure she never used to be so bad when she first came to Wimbledon did she? I'm always amazed that her opponents don't complain.

It makes her unwatchable for me. I can't bear it.
Every bluddy stroke!
I could understand a player grunting if it was a long rally, but Maria Sharapova is beyond a joke. If she's in the final I'll just get to a stage where I will have to push the mute button.

University of Southern Queensland psychology professor Peter Terry says in his view the grunting is gamesmanship that could be labelled cheating.

"From the perspective of the grunter, as it were, they would claim it is a habit they have always been into," he said.
"It is a natural response to the exhalation as they hit the ball hard and that it is not doing anyone any harm, but from the perspective of the person on the other end, they see it differently generally.

Yeah! I think so too!

It makes her unwatchable for me. I can't bear it.
Every bluddy stroke!
I could understand a player grunting if it was a long rally, but Maria Sharapova is beyond a joke. If she's in the final I'll just get to a stage where I will have to push the mute button.

I won't even bother watching!

It's a shame that one player can so spoil a tennis match - well at least for you & me BusyLizzie.

It's a shame that one player can so spoil a tennis match - well at least for you & me BusyLizzie.

Too true and I'm sure we're not the only ones! I can just about tolerate the shrieking with excitement at winning the point but when it happens every time the ball is hit is ridiculous. She seems even worse than ever this year so I can't be bothered to watch her matches.....can't say I particularly like her style of play either.

Can you tell I'm grumpy? I was verging on a bad mood like PPC earlier tonight until my man found his winning streak.......:wink:

Last edited:
I was hoping Serena was on her way out too.....shame Zheng couldn't break her serve and then we could have entered the second week with both of them gone!

Lukas Rosol is out too!

Makes Wimbledon unpredictable, which I quite like.

Told you he'd stumble at the next hurdle!

Been a great first week so far but there's just one more important match to finish it off.....wonder what the result will be?!

So did I.
Still, PP will be pleased that Murray won :grin:

ducks & puts on tin hat

Sue will be thrilled and won't be hurting so much for Nadal crashing out the other night! :wink:

Wearing tin hat behind the sofa curled up in a ball......the fluorescent green type of course!

Still, PP will be pleased that Murray won :grin:

ducks & puts on tin hat

Sue will be thrilled and won't be hurting so much for Nadal crashing out the other night! :wink:

Wearing tin hat behind the sofa curled up in a ball......the fluorescent green type of course!
You can go off people you know. :mysmilie_503: How-ever (said in my best Miss Piggy voice) I shall not rise to the bait and just say....

GO CILIC!!!!!!!!!!

Is it safe to come out yet?

ragdoll-cat-peeping-out-of-mini-army-tank-thumb9957587.jpg

S'okay you can come out now Minim cos I have high hopes that Cilic will beat the miserable git today, assuming they get to play that is cos they are on court 1 and the weather is not good in London atm. I'm actually hoping for a long rain delay because it will give Cilic more recovery time after his marathon match on Saturday and will frustrate Gitface, who I bet is already miffed because he's not on Centre and will have to contend with the outside elements plus a very tricky oppenent. Feck Summer, bring on the wind and rain I say...:devil:

But let it clear up :nod: for the second match on 1....Ferrer v Del Potro (aka Little & Large :grin:) which should be fab ding dong with power play versus guile and gritty determination. Tsong v Fish on court 2 should be a real battle too but both matches are scheduled third so this one will have to be recorded to savour later tonight. :sun:

The Grunter, Screamer and Shrieker are all out in force today but thanfully not against each other so that's a small mercy, but even so earplugs at the ready girls. :wink: The Williams brother has an easy match (on paper at least) against Shvedova but I'll still be hoping for another major upset, while screaming Azarenka takes on Ivanovic who I think she will probably beat in straight sets, however Ivanovic is a former world number 1 and in form again so who knows?? Shrieking Sharapova is in action too against Lisiki who if she's on a good day could give the sometimes flaky Russian big problems, but when in trouble Sharapova always ups the anti on the noise levels to try and intimidate so this could be a VERY LOUD encounter!! :wink:

Latest posts

Back