Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Um, just wondering - why would she need to state the fact that she hasn't had any work done ? seems an odd admission without being asked. I'm almost 64 and privileged to be told that I could pass for 10 years younger, but it doesn't make me blurt out that I haven't had 'work' done.

Maybe because you're not on tv and being continually asked about it?

Thanks Minim, we (the royal we) really appreciate your posting efforts. Sulfa drugs and grapes/wine are things I avoid, but your post has made me delve a little further; thank you for that prompting. I have been a big fan of PaulaB since her early days. Knowledge is a good thing.

Um, just wondering - why would she need to state the fact that she hasn't had any work done ? seems an odd admission without being asked. I'm almost 64 and privileged to be told that I could pass for 10 years younger, but it doesn't make me blurt out that I haven't had 'work' done.

I think she read out a tweet someone had sent her saying she looked good and what had she had done.

I saw Miss Piggy on the Mally show the other night wearing a red dress with sleeves that really looked nice and did think at the time she was fuller in the face which looked far better than her awful post weight-loss haggard look, and her eye bags did look a bit less pronounced too. Personally I don't believe she's had any major work done to her chops but maybe Mally had done her makeup which is so thick it's like wearing a mask anyway. :wonder: How-ever I have noticed several of the other presenters looking fresher too and I'm wondering if the new studio lighting and cameras have been modified to give them that slightly air brushed, soft focus look to lessen the harsh realities of HD.

This is a genuine question. What is it that all of you who say she looks so fantastic for her age think it is about her that makes you say that? Is it that she is fairly slim or has long hair?

I think the studio lighting has definitely been diffused, because they all look as though they are in 'shadow' from above, AND they all look a lot more tanned than normal.

This is a genuine question. What is it that all of you who say she looks so fantastic for her age think it is about her that makes you say that? Is it that she is fairly slim or has long hair?

It's an interesting question Bauble because it's about the definition of youthfulness. I think it's partly the long dark hair and her complexion. But it's also genetics. Julia has facial features associated with youth ... large eyes, small chin, small nose, high cheekbones.

It's an interesting question Bauble because it's about the definition of youthfulness. I think it's partly the long dark hair and her complexion. But it's also genetics. Julia has facial features associated with youth ... large eyes, small chin, small nose, high cheekbones.
Thanks for your reply Tinkerbell. It is indeed interesting as I dont see those features with JR but I do see all those youthful features in Liz Earle.Typical doll face.

I think she looks better with cheekbones personally & would encourage her to shed a stone. She has a round moon face & obviously has a tendency to carry weight on her face. Double chin next which is never ever flattering. As someone pointed out, her round face makes her eyes look smaller & her lips look thinner.
She had more bounce when she was slimmer.

Her hair is her crowning glory. I like it and envy her all that hair. It doesn't matter to me whether it is curly or straight, it's fabulous.

Her skin is in good condition & her hands, which usually betray a person's age, are fabulous.

I would encourage her to have an upper & lower blepharoplasty. It is one cosmetic procedure that lasts and makes a huge difference. Healing time is not long. You can wear make-up after two weeks. It would stop her looking so tired and would lift her no end. If she chipped her front teeth or knocked them out, no one would criticise her for dental work which in my mind is cosmetic surgery. You can live with chipped or missing teeth. People generally choose not to. Same with eye surgery in my book. You can live with bags, but you don't have to. I think we are very prejudiced in the UK about cosmetic surgery.

She has dainty feet & nice legs.

All in all, she's got a lot going for a 56 year old woman.

Right! I am going to give that a go too! Luckily i don't have horizontal lines on my forhead and just a few crows feet. But the 1,111s are quite prominent so nothing ventured etc. I was 50 on Wednesday, but I don't look any older than I did when I was 49 he he! Thanks for info.

I too will be interested to hear about this Itchy? I only have a 1 at the moment but have other areas it may be good for!

oddly i think the bags came with the huge weight loss and dark purple eyeshadow does not help but she has lovely medditerannean skin and hair that makes her look nice for her age...when she dresses well she will always look stunning.

Thanks for your replies. Yeah she looks ok for her age , just dont think shes anything special compared to Kathy, and the Debbies who are not much younger and really DO look young for their age IMO. Oh well interesting that we all see different things.

Thanks for your reply Tinkerbell. It is indeed interesting as I dont see those features with JR but I do see all those youthful features in Liz Earle.Typical doll face.

Oh now yes Liz Earle definitely has those childlike features. I don't know how old she is but genetics should serve her well!

I thought she looked gorgeous on the Mally show, truly stunning, her dress suited her, her hair was lovely and her face looked very pretty. Also think that Kathy is looking really lovely at the moment, she seems to get prettier by the day.

Liz Earle has got to be 50 soon I reckon. Funny thing is even the best maintained "youthful " looking more mature lady will only ever look just that. You never think she is 30 odd , you just know shes 50 odd and in good nick if you know what I mean! Still it makes you feel better when you take care of your appearence I reckon, so do whatever floats your boat I say.

I don't think LE could truthfully say she hasn't had work done.

I'm not sure about that BB. What do you think she might have had done?

I can't imagine Botox, though on the other hand, her face is her fortune and people can be hypocritical when it comes to the beauty business. Look how many actresses blatantly lie about surgery.

Some folk on here have suggested a soft lens & that's feasible.

Her eyes look a bit limp & baggy sometimes, but bearing in mind she has a young child, that might be the reason. I don't think she's had eye surgery

Can I just say that there are a lot of internet sites out there that are quite dramatic, for example -
http://www.naturesparadiseorganics.com/dangersofsulfates.html

This is slightly better -
http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Active-Ingredients/SLS.html

More & more people are reporting sensitivity to some ingredients, but just because some people react, it does not mean everybody will.

Right, to answer your question, 'sulphates' (sulfates USA) is being used as a blanket term for a group of harsh cleansing ingredients used in skin and personal care products. In my case sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate (SLS) has an immediate effect.
'Sulphate' is not the only bad boy. Sometimes a skin care range can develop a name for an ingredient in their product(s) & you have no way of knowing what it actually is.

Here are some chemicals that people with sensitivity issues are advised to avoid
http://suite101.com/article/ten-synthetic-personal-care-ingredients-to-avoid-a256629

Paula Begoun has an excellent ingredient dictionary
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/A.aspx
Excellent work:up:, thank you so much minim. I hope the moderator/s of this section will keep this post always, so that we can refer to it when we need it.
It is quite worrying to read some of it, in our search to look better and younger, we sometimes are harming ourselves:thinking:

Maybe it is because we (most of us) are , "ordinary" people who go about our lives wanting to look our best for ourselves and our families and for the nights out etc, while others needand have to look good to earn their living, like being on TVs, their jobs depend on looking good. :thinking:Those people have to look good as much as possible as long as possible to keep their jobs. Many of them will go to any lengths :sweat:to keep their jobs, I suppose. A few people have told Julia how good she looks and some have asked what she has done to herself, so she was only answering their queries , I suppose:nod:
I look good for my age, but nobody will ask me if I have done anything to my face, because it is not in my life style to have anything "done" I have had people ask me what cream I use on my face:giggle:

Latest posts

Back