QVC Guests

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And Tova also strikes me as someone who has everything done for her so no doubt brings her maid along too. When she talks about 'soaking in the tub' after a long day on air, I always imagine it's ready for her when she gets back to her hotel suite - I just couldn't see her running a bath for herself. :bow:

Upon reflection, maybe she charters a private jet - that way she can bring her maid and entourage with her. No wonder poor ol' Ernie is still working his finger to the bone in his nineties!

Why would QVC foot the bill for the guest expenses? The guests are business people who are selling their wares and QVC is the vehicle they use. Won't the costs come out of their business accounts?

Was just thinking because they"re all mostly coming from QVC in America, and who decides when they
come here, are they sort of entangled> Like a major shop here having other shops in different
countries, or i could be totally wrong. They would have to sell a lot of goods to make the trips
worthwhile

Tova said on air the other day that one of her scents could be worn when buying groceries... Then she added "not that I buy groceries..." then her sentence trailed off.

Tova said on air the other day that one of her scents could be worn when buying groceries... Then she added "not that I buy groceries..." then her sentence trailed off.
I just have this image of Tova never doing anything more than plumping a cushion on her chaise longue as she glides by. Certainly cant see her dressed down engaging in anything like grocery shopping, I think charity luncheons and suit fittings are about it. I cant imagine always looking so formal and immaculate and I wonder if her family feel like theyve been granted an audience with her when they see her! She is a nice lady but from another world.

I think that the real "A" list celebs like Dennis Basso and Tova would stay in a really nice hotel, maybe one of the big London hotels in Park Lane. I would imagine that QVC would foot the bill as these guests are flying a long way to appear on their channel and make them a load of money. I used to live in Acton (a poor area next to Chiswick and Ealing) and used to work in Chiswick at the bottom of Gunnersbury Lane. I love Chiswick. Maybe Tova might prefer to stay in Richmond. That's not far from Chiswick at all and is really beautiful. If I had the money I would live in Richmond. Now I live in Cricklewood NW2.
Someone like Alexis from l'Occitane probably stays somewhere more reasonable. Maybe a Travelodge. But I bet she takes all her l'Occitane products with her!
Simon Wilson is another high-ranking guest, but I think he lives in or near London anyway. I get the impression that Tova and Simon Wilson can be slightly difficult to work with and have to be buttered up like a crumpet!

Sorry Julius, but no way ever ever ever can i see Alexis from L"Occitane staying in a Travelodge.
No way ever. She comes across a bit like Tova, well spoken and pampered. Lucky her, but
she has 3 children and works hard, so she deserves it

Yes she does seem nice. I'm sure she works hard and is very loyal to the brand. I love l'Occitane. I'm going to buy a shea soap to take with me on hols. Must do it tomorrow as I'm leaving on Friday. I can take a l'Occitane soap and it means I have more room to take my liquid products on the plane.

Sorry Julius, but no way ever ever ever can i see Alexis from L"Occitane staying in a Travelodge.
No way ever. She comes across a bit like Tova, well spoken and pampered. Lucky her, but
she has 3 children and works hard, so she deserves it

Ooh does anyone remember Sarah Shurety??? Now she is one guest I really am not keen on. How people can pay exorbitant sums of money for some minging old green purse with a dragon on it is just completely beyond me! Everything she says has no logical basis to it. She latches onto things and then makes up stuff. "I specially designed this hideous old purse to have 4 corners on it because 4 is the number of financial stability and represents the 4 elements." No you DIDN'T you ridiculous woman you designed it to flog and make loads of money for yourself, now just take your pseudo-science babble and shove it where the monkey of knowledge keeps his nuts!

Julius, just when i thought we were getting on along the same lines, re alexis, you go and say that. How you remember the people"s names is beyond me,
but im one of the people who bought into her ideas. I sort of believe along those lines, that what goes round comes round, so this is along those lines.
I did buy the purse but sent it back, also bought these coins which are meant to be lucky, so i put them in with my premium bonds, but so far no luck.
Anyway she must make a living out of it,, as she"s written books etc. Oh and just remembered i"ve got one of the lucky black bags, time to get it out
again. Have a good holiday anyway

Well good luck to you Barbs. If you like her products then fine. I'm just not sure that her statements have much logic to them. I don't think you can attribute financial success to placing a statue of an elephant at a 30 degree angle of the toilet pedestal! Personally I'd like to fill her house full of 70s style spider plants and watch what happens! loool! I think that working hard, being in the right place at the right time, thinking intelligently and logically, keeping fit, eating well and having good personal presentation are good starting points for happiness and success. Reading and learning other languages is rewarding and fulfilling too.
Julius, just when i thought we were getting on along the same lines, re alexis, you go and say that. How you remember the people"s names is beyond me,
but im one of the people who bought into her ideas. I sort of believe along those lines, that what goes round comes round, so this is along those lines.
I did buy the purse but sent it back, also bought these coins which are meant to be lucky, so i put them in with my premium bonds, but so far no luck.
Anyway she must make a living out of it,, as she"s written books etc. Oh and just remembered i"ve got one of the lucky black bags, time to get it out
again. Have a good holiday anyway

Well you sound a very intelligent, well educated person, but i still think luck has a say in things, so why not help it along, if you believe in it, no harm done ,
although i do agree watching her was painful at times, but she did believe what she was saying and had such love for what she believed in

Although I am not into mystical or cosmic ideas, preferring the scientific and logical, I do carry a pebble with a hole in it around with me. It was given to me by my brother when he was just 2, and it has been in by bag and on every exam table with me for 23 years now. Whatever makes a person feel hopeful and connected to something deeper is fine by me. But my pebble was free off the beach. I object to profiteering out of people's potential vulnerability.

Yes I think that's very well put, Weathergirl. You summarised it better than I did! I personally have a bronze coin from Trakai in my wallet. I don't really know why but I do. It's worthless but I suppose it reminds me of happy times as a child and I would be really upset if I lost it. But life is random though. Sometimes you can do all the right things and get nowhere and sometimes things happen just out of the blue.
Although I am not into mystical or cosmic ideas, preferring the scientific and logical, I do carry a pebble with a hole in it around with me. It was given to me by my brother when he was just 2, and it has been in by bag and on every exam table with me for 23 years now. Whatever makes a person feel hopeful and connected to something deeper is fine by me. But my pebble was free off the beach. I object to profiteering out of people's potential vulnerability.

Sorry Weathergirl, cant do links, but you put it exactly right, and thats when i don"t like it. Thankfully shes not on very often, and i always took it a bit
tongue in cheek, same as winning the lottery. Never happen :wonder:

Tova said on air the other day that one of her scents could be worn when buying groceries... Then she added "not that I buy groceries..."

Tova has said a few times that she always stays at the Ritz when she is here.

All of this is utterly believable - Tova makes the likes of Joan Collins seem low rent in comparison.

I just have this image of Tova never doing anything more than plumping a cushion on her chaise longue as she glides by.
I can't even imagine her doing that - her assistant probably knows to page the maid to do it, if i looks out of place as Tova glides by.

I can imagine Tova staying at The Ritz. I have never stayed there but was lucky enough to win breakfast there when I won "Employee of the Month" at work. It was really lovely. Classy and elegant. Refined. Normally I am a Premier Inn person (I love Premier Inn, they are amazing) but it was really nice to experience something a bit out of my class. I was hoping to steal an embossed towel from the bathroom but the hand towels were plain white - like little face flannels :doh: I even like Travelodge. I take my own l'Occitane products, mini kettle etc and it's fine. If I stayed at the Ritz regularly I think I would find everything else a disappointment and lose touch with real life. I can't imagine Tova zipping along to Chiswick Park on the District Line either. I'm sure a car would take her. I like that "Tova" music they play as her theme. It's quite dramatic.
All of this is utterly believable - Tova makes the likes of Joan Collins seem low rent in comparison.

I can't even imagine her doing that - her assistant probably knows to page the maid to do it, if i looks out of place as Tova glides by.

I also like Premier inn, but often find the mattress too hard. The Marriott Marquis Times Square that has a revolving restaurant at the top has the comfoest mattress (topper) ever, just perfect after a long flight. But the most luxurious hotel for me by far was a Four Seasons. The decor and the bed were amazing and they stock the bathroom with L'Occitane.

The Ritz must be good if Tova stays there, I wonder what the bedrooms are like?

I often think Tova is from a bygone era. My late grandma wanted to be like her, she lived in a semi on an ordinary Lancashire street but insisted on wearing white gloves to visit the co-op! To buy her cream cakes to go on the 3 tier cake stand on a trolley on wheels. Memories, sigh. Her favourite perfume was Mitsokou. I never liked it but I think of her whenever I smell it. Now SHE would have worn it to the co-op!

Latest posts

Back