Perfect Formula 4 Piece Nail Essentials Collection Todays Special Value

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just checked and they are tiny - 5 ml, more like a try me price.

I was thinking of buying it (I'm always looking for the Holy Grail of nail strengtheners) but a review mentioned the products have formaldehyde in them which is a big no-no for dry, peeling nails. That's me out then.

I found Bend Don't Break by Jessica to be excellent and afaik it is formaldehyde free.

I was thinking of buying it (I'm always looking for the Holy Grail of nail strengtheners) but a review mentioned the products have formaldehyde in them which is a big no-no for dry, peeling nails. That's me out then.

i was reading about this stuff this afternoon funnily enough and read somewhere that shari? who sells it, said it's the formaldehyde that strengthens the nails - ?

I found this really interesting article about formaldehyde in nail polishes, based on scientific facts.

http://personalcaretruth.com/2010/08/exposing-the-formaldehyde-myth/

Yes thanks for posting it - very interesting. I have never been bothered about formaldehyde anyway but reading through the comments posted I came across a further comment by the author where he says that the nail hardeners should not be used indefinitely as the nail base becomes brittle. I remember using a product called Nail Tek and they had a maintenance one for when the nails had hardened sufficiently.
I've finally had success with OPI Nail Envy and now that all my nails are the same length I'll stop for a few weeks. This time round I've also been using OPI avoplex oil every evening and it may have been this that has helped them to not become too brittle. Been occasionally having a day without nail varnish products and rubbing in Leighton Denny's Renovate instead.

Latest posts

Back