Caller on the Charlie Bears's TSV show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe "bullying" was the wrong word to use and I apologise but I personally find it very distateful the way this lady has been ridiculed by "some" people on here. To have a thread started and be named and then to be called weird, sad, a weirdo, an obsessive compulsive all because she chooses to spend "her" money on what she likes is in my opinion rather childish.

Well I bought a few Charlie Bears 2 or 3 years ago...mainly because I saw one called Max,my son's name.I then bought a few more and before I knew it I had about 10 bears!
Last month I decided to sell them on Ebay...one bear I bought for £40 went for £105 and every single one sold for more than I paid.Result!!

The lady with 400 may be sitting pretty!

Sticking to the topic, where do they keep all these bl**dy teddies? Their houses must be cluttered with stuffed bears on every available surface. What do people think when they visit? Each to their own though and if it makes them happy it can only be a good thing.

I'm not apologising for saying that buying 400 teddies smacks if obsessive compulsive behaviour, because it is true, it does. And I believe I was making a general comment on people who collect lots if anything. Specifically to this lady I believe the only thing I said unique to her was that I felt sorry for her. I also said the bears are a waste of money, but of course it is her money to waste. If I was looking to move house and saw one with 400 pairs of bears eyes peering at me from everywhere the eye can see I would think it was a lot weird. Sorry!

Disclaimer: the views expressed by me on this forum do not in any way intend to cause offense, bully or intimidate sny one individual. Nor do I profess to have any medical training or expertise. But I am right! Lol. Kidding.

Lots of people are saying "I" blah de blah. But no one is asking "you" to. Vicky is well within her rights to have 1000 bears if she so wishes it is no ones business but hers. They may not fit in your house but they do in hers. I have seen pics on Facebook of beautiful collections in glass cases etc, not dirty cluttered houses as most of you seem to assume they are. Take a step back and calculate how much you have spent with QVC then cast the frist stone. No one says celebs are hoarders yet they have numerous cars, houses, handbags.....................

Crikey.........the day when we cannot take the mick out of T callers is the day the QVC forum dies!(said with tongue firmly in cheek for those that have a sense of humour bypass!!)

:devil:

I sometimes feel very sorry for the callers. An old lady with 10 bears called in this afternoon saying her favourite one looked like her old dog and she can't have a dog any more, so the bears are her company. I wanted to find out where she lived and visit her.

I sometimes feel very sorry for the callers. An old lady with 10 bears called in this afternoon saying her favourite one looked like her old dog and she can't have a dog any more, so the bears are her company. I wanted to find out where she lived and visit her.

How on earth can bears be 'company' (of course its music to Will and Charlie's ears). They're stuffed. Yes I agree it's sad. I was in Manchester city centre yesterday and saw a really old lady pushing a pram with a doll in it. So very very sad, but she was obviously happy so good for her.

We all have our own little foibles; that's what makes life interesting.

If anyone wants to spend THEIR OWN money on something that they like, where's the problem? As long as it's legal - and the last time I looked teddies *are* legal - what's the problem?

Don't judge people by your standards - just because they are yours doesn't make them right for everyone.

Dare I mention that I collect torches, must have well over 100, but only buy very unusual ones these days. Some cost up to £60, some just £1.

Well I bought a few Charlie Bears 2 or 3 years ago...mainly because I saw one called Max,my son's name.I then bought a few more and before I knew it I had about 10 bears!
Last month I decided to sell them on Ebay...one bear I bought for £40 went for £105 and every single one sold for more than I paid.Result!!

The lady with 400 may be sitting pretty!

Sounds a better bet than some of the pensions that some people have lost out on.

Seems unfair to me to criticise her. Lots of people spend huge sums of money on foreign holidays where they just lie on a beach getting fried,not even seeing much of the countries they visit, or on gambling, drinking, smoking, cars....nobody seems to think that wasteful.
At least some collectables increase in value.....even bears!!

Last edited:
How on earth can bears be 'company' (of course its music to Will and Charlie's ears). They're stuffed. Yes I agree it's sad. I was in Manchester city centre yesterday and saw a really old lady pushing a pram with a doll in it. So very very sad, but she was obviously happy so good for her.

Oh you just broke my heart :( That poor lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dare I mention that I collect torches, must have well over 100, but only buy very unusual ones these days. Some cost up to £60, some just £1.

My Ex boyfriends dad collects hose-pipe attachments.

I found limited edition handbags made me more than 5 times what they cost me when I sold them on ebay when I had one of my clearouts. Just checked ebay for charlie bears. Lots of estate sale ones which are on for a lot of money but no bids.

I agree people can buy what they like. I can think what I like too. Hey ho! :)

Can I just say to anyone who collects anything, be it teddies, torches, handbags, cds, pipe cleaners et al, though they may give you immense pleasure at the time of purchase or acquirement, some poor sod has to dispose of it all when you are no longer around !!

My husband had a collection of cd's that ran into thousands - most of it was'nt my cup of tea but there you are, sadly he passed away 10 years ago at age 53 (sudden heart attack), to date I still have a few hundred of the damn things. I have given them away, sold them, used the new ones as raffle prizes - everything but bury them ! so just think on, that lovingly dusted collection of porcelain owls is going to be someone's future nightmare.

If the lady in question wants to buy and collect 400 bears, or anything else for that matter, and it makes her happy and she has the funds to do it...i say GOOD FOR HER...its her choice, her money, her business!

So this one time I went home with some bloke I met in a bar (classy huh?) and he shared a house some other bloke who was a big animal lover. He wasn't home but the ****** animals were. Fishes in tanks, gerbils in cages, parrots on podiums, reptiles, the lot. and across the bottom of the kitchen door a piece of board that was keeping a litter of kittens inside the kitchen, they were all over everything. The place reeked.
So I suggested we leave the pets to it and went to his room (classy again huh) and when we got up there he had dozens of teddy bears all over the place. Big ones, small ones, beady eyed ones. It was like being watched by hundreds of eyes.

So we did "it" and I got outta there dead quick :wink:

Latest posts

Back