Caller on the Charlie Bears's TSV show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So this one time I went home with some bloke I met in a bar (classy huh?) and he shared a house some other bloke who was a big animal lover. He wasn't home but the ****** animals were. Fishes in tanks, gerbils in cages, parrots on podiums, reptiles, the lot. and across the bottom of the kitchen door a piece of board that was keeping a litter of kittens inside the kitchen, they were all over everything. The place reeked.
So I suggested we leave the pets to it and went to his room (classy again huh) and when we got up there he had dozens of teddy bears all over the place. Big ones, small ones, beady eyed ones. It was like being watched by hundreds of eyes.

So we did "it" and I got outta there dead quick :wink:

His 'bare necessities' no doubt............:cheeky:

So this one time I went home with some bloke I met in a bar (classy huh?) and he shared a house some other bloke who was a big animal lover. He wasn't home but the ****** animals were. Fishes in tanks, gerbils in cages, parrots on podiums, reptiles, the lot. and across the bottom of the kitchen door a piece of board that was keeping a litter of kittens inside the kitchen, they were all over everything. The place reeked.
So I suggested we leave the pets to it and went to his room (classy again huh) and when we got up there he had dozens of teddy bears all over the place. Big ones, small ones, beady eyed ones. It was like being watched by hundreds of eyes.

Thanks for sharing such a lovely heartwarming tale BB. I need to get that image out of my mind before I go to bed.

Well....I was going to make a pithy comment on this thread, but having read the earlier post by BB.....
I've forgotten what I was going to say. :mysmilie_516: It'll keep!

Is that a bear version of dogging LOL.

Tooooooo much information !!!!!!!

BB's story reminds me of that episode of Sex and the City when Stanford went back with some guy that had a collection of dolls.

As for Charlie Bears, I wouldn't give house room to even one of the 'orrible things. And I'm sorry but anyone that has 400 of them is just plain loopy :wave:

I have about 10 CB's now and love them all :heart:, they are incredibly ~moreish~ and loveable :tongue:...and they certainly hold (increase also) their value, for now anyway, wouldn't dream of selling any of them. Will leave them to the grandchildren when I drop of my perch, they are not allowed to even touch them now. The lady in question must have a big house or room at least, as mine take up the bed in the spare room.

I also collect Rupert Bear annuals, have done since the 50's and they are worth a pretty penny now. Have never liked dolls only ever had teddies when a child. :cheeky: It'a a bear thing!

Anyone ever watch "Tommyknockers" (I think) where they go into the room full of dolls and their eyes move round...omg!!! I hate dolls.

daydreamer

My ex-mother in law collects bears. My ex husband was very scathing of her wasting her money and having bears all over the house. It's not my thing but I can't see any harm in it. It's her money she can do what she wants with it. It made it really easy to know what to buy her for birthdays and Christmas too!

I don't really collect anything ... well some might say I collect jewellery but I wouldn't agree. Each to their own I say. Do what you like with your own money buy don't expect others to do the same, like it or even understand!

There is a group of people who like to dress up as teddy bears and other soft toys and shall we say play.:sweat:

There was an episode of CSI long ago concerning thing. Its a fetish thing.

I started this thread just to voice my amazement about someone with 400 teddies. I was not bullying, it was not a criticism - I'm a gentle sort of person which you can see from my other posts. I estimate that I'd be happy to make 90% of my comments direct to whoever the person concerned is, in an informal and relaxed setting, as I would for Vicky who owns 400 teddies. Most of the opinions and criticisms voiced on this forum are the sorts of things you'd chat about in a coffee shop or pub with a few friends, no more than that.

I rarely (if ever) pick up on things people say about me, but I do really object to being told to GET A GRIP in shouty capital letters, in fact your's is the most bullying post on this thread.

TO ALL READERS:: If you all feel the same as Katiemorag about my thread then I apologise and will bow out gracefully.

Linda

trying to delete the post I wrote 'cause I didn't read the whole thread...oh well . Linda..don't go anywhere love! x

Last edited:
:blush
Can I just say to anyone who collects anything, be it teddies, torches, handbags, cds, pipe cleaners et al, though they may give you immense pleasure at the time of purchase or acquirement, some poor sod has to dispose of it all when you are no longer around !!

My husband had a collection of cd's that ran into thousands - most of it was'nt my cup of tea but there you are, sadly he passed away 10 years ago at age 53 (sudden heart attack), to date I still have a few hundred of the damn things. I have given them away, sold them, used the new ones as raffle prizes - everything but bury them ! so just think on, that lovingly dusted collection of porcelain owls is going to be someone's future nightmare.

oh it is what I count on! My last revenge on my kids, who gave me so much pleasure with their messy teenage bedrooms for years, leaving stuff lying around ect ect...... you shall here me laugh as they swear and work, hopefully in the heat of the summer: trying to clear the attic :clapping::clapping:
me? warped? Only a little:blush::grin::blush:

as for collecting: it is frightening how much you get over time. If people know you have an interest they will also add by giving you presents, and before you know it you you have a big collection. I do not care how many she has, just wonder why an adult would collect bears as I can not comprehend that, but hey, I say this as the woman who's baby teddy is still down stairs in the hall on the telephone table: so who am I to say?

Latest posts

Back