Bionaire 30cm Aroma fan with remote

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
I ordered one of these when they were on easy pay a few days ago

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.833401.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

it arrived this morning. It has a nifty little remote which sits in the side of the casing; an easy retractable plug and lots of functions - 3 speeds, a breeze function, oscillates without moving from side to side and an aroma plug in feature that accepts different brands of plug-ins.

Well, during the on air presentation, the fan was exceedingly quiet. I was quite impressed on how quiet it was and the presenters reinforced this. The sound (or lack of) is even noted on the online video, Simon Biagi says " it is so quiet, you really don't hear it, especially at the other side of the room...". Hmm - don't know how long or wide his room is but I can assure you that it is NOT quiet. It's like being in a wind tunnel, the noise it makes.

I just wish that I knew how to record the noise and post it on here, It's got a sleep setting, why bother, as how anyone can bear the noise in the bedroom let alone try to sleep with that racket, goodness knows. I imagine that if I put the fan on at night, not only next door would complain but the detached at the end of the street!.

It may be that I have received a faulty or particularly loud fan but I don't know whether to return for a replacement or just ask for a refund. The online comments are mixed - some saying how loud it is, others saying it is quiet!

Oh yes, I don't know if it will work with the remote because for the first time ever, I have received an item from QVC without the necessary batteries!! QVC have always previously sent relevant batteries with items so whether this is an oversight or cost cutting, who knows? Then again, happen some complimentary ear plugs would be a better option with this fan.

When will I learn and stop buying from that channel. I'm getting more and more disillusioned with the stuff I receive.

You'll not mind the racket when it's 90 degrees and you've got it at point blank range blowing directly up your nightie.

DollyDimple, i seen this presentation the other day, and was very tempted, but it was to near the end of the month to buy, and glad i didnt now
after ive read your review. Hopefully theyll collect it, if you send it back, and you dont have to pay the post and package. When i think of the money
ive spent sending things back, oh no i better not think of that.

Latest posts

Back