Lulu Guinness TSV 12th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I:doh: I usually get PTF. As my birthday"s just after Christmas, but he

does look for different things to get me, he doesnt have a lot of money, but

he puts a lot of effort into it, so thats the main thing. :happy:

Thought and effort really is what matters. I don't think sons are good at cards full stop. My son is only 22 but he's got a very good job. Although it was a stupidly generous gift, it really was that he knew what I wanted and actually went into town to get it that made my cry.

We struck a good deal when we went last September. My husband was under no illusions that a visit to LG was one of the main reasons I wanted to go so on the first day we went to her store first and then walked to Burlington Arcade via Harrods, Oxford Street and Regent Street (didn't go in many others shops though apart from Libertys!). He was happy in Burlington Arcade because he is a watch fanatic and they have some very posh watch stores in there so at least he could window shop (so that was my sweetener!). Pity that it was before Lulu opened the store there though. Our second day was all touristy stuff so a good balance, I thought. :happy:

That sounds ace PP!! I am just trying to plan an itinerary. It has to include some star gazing in the observatory, the wheel at night, an evening river cruise and all the sciencey museums. Interspersed with LG, Harrods and some other high end stores of course :happy: Although I have been to London quite a few times, I have no idea where things are (and have no concept of direction/scale, hehe!!) Any of you London gals recommend a good area to stay in? I have stayed in Greenwich before but that was because I had meetings there, is this a good base for the city? Maybe I should stick a post in the Travel section of the Drop?!!

Just wanted to say (keeping on topic) that I am highly disappointed there are no further reductions today :sad: lol and today, I took my black Jenny to work and it rained on it all day. I need a new job, one which doesn't involve travelling and walking about city centres!! Any offers anyone in South East Wales?!! :talking: lol

London is a breeze once you get to grips with what's where. Everything you've mentioned is very central/edge of the City. Well other than the star gazing. I've no idea where that is!

You might do best to choose a location based on how much travelling you want to do and whether you want to use the tube or not. I hate the ****** tube but it's so easy and efficient. It's also very easy to get to the centre of London from just about anywhere. Going from the far north to the far south takes ages. I live 20 odd miles outside of central London and I can be on Regent Street in an hour or thereabouts door to door. Same time to get me into LG's store.

I like the design of LG bags and generally buy direct at 70% off in the sale, but to be honest in terms of quality I really don't think, IMHO, they compare with Mulberry, Prada, , Fendi or LV. I have been a bag lover for many years and absolutely love my collection, but you do get what you pay for, hence KG, despite it's hefty price stags, being considerable 'more affordable' than some other high end brands. Just a pity the Euro replaced Italian liras as we used to get some good buys!

I hate the tube too! All those people, in such close proximity - shudder! The star gazing is the Royal Observatory, but checking it out doesn't look like anything planned for November anyway. The less travelling the better really. Hubby used to work and live in central London so I know he will know his way around, but as I am planning it as a surprise I would rather not ask him! I don't mind using the busses there, or the cabs, or even walking! I will have to mark the LG stores on a map to ensure I don't miss them out!! I can't be doing Science and history for the whole trip, I need some light relief!!!

Although I am not from London - I have been quite a few times. We normally like to stay in Kensington (there is a good TK Maxx there :nod:) It is usually a bit cheaper, driving in is easy as you don't have to drive right in the centre, parking is also good. I look for good deals on Travelzoo - got the Copthorne Tara for £79 in March (we also paid an extra £6 each for breakfast) We normally use the tube then to get to the centre - but last visit one of the lines was being repaired so it would have meant several changes to get into town. The hotel recommended using the bus instead - it was so easy and the buses went directly into town and it worked out much cheaper than using the tube. Slightly slower as we had traffic lights etc but not all the traipsing up and down the hundreds of stairs to get to the stations and also nice as we could see where we were going.

We also did the duck tour on our last visit - it was a great fun trip especially going on the Thames. We have done them in Boston and Wisconsin - so did not quite compare but still excellent.

Non of my Lulu Guiness bags are PVC or plastic

I love my bags it's my vice and my treat to myself occasionally and the quality of LG. bags is very good

I wish it was only bags with me. It isn't. It's shoes and jewellery too! Oh well at least I don't go mad with clothes. Or at least I don't think I do.

I hate the tube too! All those people, in such close proximity - shudder! The star gazing is the Royal Observatory, but checking it out doesn't look like anything planned for November anyway. The less travelling the better really. Hubby used to work and live in central London so I know he will know his way around, but as I am planning it as a surprise I would rather not ask him! I don't mind using the busses there, or the cabs, or even walking! I will have to mark the LG stores on a map to ensure I don't miss them out!! I can't be doing Science and history for the whole trip, I need some light relief!!!

Royal Observatory? That's Grenwich right? I want to go there this time, we ran out of time last time. My Dad is really interested in history (especially maritime) and some of it has definitely rubbed off. I think that will be our touristy bit this time around!!

I'm not a fan of the tube either but it's means to an end I suppose. We stopped fairly far out last time (I wanted to be able to drive and leave the car) but there was a tube within a ten minute walk that took us right in, in fact it took us to Sloane Square which is very close to Lulu!!! :cheeky:

:clapping: I saw that earlier and entered.....I adore navy,,that bag would really cheer me up lol x

I've entered too! I tried to be strong today and went shopping during the Lulu Guinness hour telling myself if the quilted Wanda was still available on my return then it was a sign that I should have it! So on my return I had no choice and have just ordered the black one! :mysmilie_378:

Well done, you are braver than me. I watched but after being bought the purple Suzy in the sale i darent buy anymore

The purple Suzy is a beautiful bag Toadette, enjoy it! Good luck in the competition!

I keep taking it out of the dust bag and have a prance and put it back again to keep it nice. Good luck to you too x

The colour is stunning....reminds me of the purple wrapping from 'Cadbury's' HTH lol

Its bigger than i imagined it to be and does have a bit of weight to it but it feels really comfortable on the shoulder and it oozes appeal and class. I have bought purple patent shoes to go with it, cant wait for them to arrive.

I loved this bag from way back when it was a TSV, but i could justify the cost, but the sale price brought it to my reach and the kids and hubby have shared the cost for my birthday....I LOVE IT....you wont be disapointed x

Latest posts

Back