Lulu Guinness TSV 12th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really pi**ed off now. I have been following the tracking details of the parcel as contained in the despatch email over the weekend right from despatched from Northampton on Friday afternoon and this morning it was out for delivery at 6.10 am. Then at 9.58 the tracking changed to 'A delivery Change Request for this package will be processed/Return to sender pending.

at 10.02 am - the tracking changed to 'The package is being held for intercept processing.

Seems like LG have requested UPS not to deliver it.

I phoned LG customer service and got the following as a response.
Dear Mrs Smith,
Thank you for contacting our warehouse team.
Unfortunately the your order 35026 has been cancelled, please refer to our email below which was sent to you on Friday 17th August 2012.
We are very sorry that you received a dispatch email, again this was down to an error in our system which explains the status of delivery on the UPS website ‘The package is being held for intercept processing’.
We are sorry for any inconveniences caused.

I think they are playing games. I wonder if they decided that I had got too good a bargain so decided to stop the delivery? I mean how else could they have shipped something they didn't have. The tracking wouldnt have gone all the way through the process if they hadnt actually shipped seomthing?

I have emailed them again and asked them to explain but it definately now does not look like I will be getting my purse:confused:

That is really odd. Why have these items on the website? Surely someone must have spotted them and be able to take them off? I never received a despatch email, and I need to check the refund as last time I logged onto my bank it wasn't showing.

Disappointing as LG CS are normally excellent :(

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Really pi**ed off now. I have been following the tracking details of the parcel as contained in the despatch email over the weekend right from despatched from Northampton on Friday afternoon and this morning it was out for delivery at 6.10 am. Then at 9.58 the tracking changed to 'A delivery Change Request for this package will be processed/Return to sender pending.

at 10.02 am - the tracking changed to 'The package is being held for intercept processing.

Seems like LG have requested UPS not to deliver it.

I phoned LG customer service and got the following as a response.
Dear Mrs Smith,
Thank you for contacting our warehouse team.
Unfortunately the your order 35026 has been cancelled, please refer to our email below which was sent to you on Friday 17th August 2012.
We are very sorry that you received a dispatch email, again this was down to an error in our system which explains the status of delivery on the UPS website ‘The package is being held for intercept processing’.
We are sorry for any inconveniences caused.

I think they are playing games. I wonder if they decided that I had got too good a bargain so decided to stop the delivery? I mean how else could they have shipped something they didn't have. The tracking wouldnt have gone all the way through the process if they hadnt actually shipped seomthing?

I have emailed them again and asked them to explain but it definately now does not look like I will be getting my purse:confused:

That all sounds a bit suss to me Rosey. I could just about understand that they c*cked up on the web-site and had something advertised that had sold out but why then did it show as dispatched and why were you able to track it through the different stages of delivery? Surely if it had never existed you wouldn't have been able to do that?

If I was you, I would go back to them along those lines, expressing your disappointment and suggesting that a discount off your next order would be a good idea in view of the inconvenience..........Well, if you don't ask, you don't get!:happy:

Rosey this seems really odd, why would they arrange a delivery if they never had the purse. Something similar happend to me with Outnet. I was very upset as I was looking forward to my Lulu bag. I complained and they give me free postage on my next order. I hope you get some resolution.

Received the following reply by email from LG customer service today:

We have spoken to our warehouse again this morning in order to find out exactly what happened. It seems that the incorrect item was dispatched to you, because the Red Quilted Lips Leather French Zip Purse was out of stock. This is the reason that you received a despatch confirmation. Once they realised their error they cancelled the shipment and had it bought back to our warehouse.

We can only apologise that you were given the incorrect information. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information.

I still think they suddenly realised that this purse was only going to cost me £27 instead of the normal £160 which is why they recalled it. It is just a pity it didn't get to me before they recalled it.

Oh well I suppose I can look at it that I have just SAVED £27 - but I would rather have had my purse :dull:

Received the following reply by email from LG customer service today:

We have spoken to our warehouse again this morning in order to find out exactly what happened. It seems that the incorrect item was dispatched to you, because the Red Quilted Lips Leather French Zip Purse was out of stock. This is the reason that you received a despatch confirmation. Once they realised their error they cancelled the shipment and had it bought back to our warehouse.

We can only apologise that you were given the incorrect information. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information.

I still think they suddenly realised that this purse was only going to cost me £27 instead of the normal £160 which is why they recalled it. It is just a pity it didn't get to me before they recalled it.

Oh well I suppose I can look at it that I have just SAVED £27 - but I would rather have had my purse :dull:

Unless you intend to order other stuff from them & wish to remain on their 'good side', I think I'd be contacting Trading Standards at this point, I'm not even sure it's actually legal to 'recall' a parcel that has been handed over to the carrier & is physically on its way to you? I would be beyond furious, incandescent with rage actually, what a load of BS & what a friggin' attitude! I would also be raising a stink with the carrier!

:mysmilie_455:

I noticed what started as positive reviews on the recent small eva TSV, have become much more mixed with an oveall 3.9 rating now.

No reviews as yet on the Leopard print Franka - wonder if they actually sold any given the high price, even though it was at a surprise price for a while.

I noticed what started as positive reviews on the recent small eva TSV, have become much more mixed with an oveall 3.9 rating now.

No reviews as yet on the Leopard print Franka - wonder if they actually sold any given the high price, even though it was at a surprise price for a while.

I wonder if the initial positive reviews were from new LG customers? Maybe they had nothing to compare it against, whereas us die-hards may be more critical of it...

Hmm, may have a look later.

I wonder if the initial positive reviews were from new LG customers? Maybe they had nothing to compare it against, whereas us die-hards may be more critical of it...

Yes indeed & sometimes it helps to have a look what other items those leaving glowing reviews have left reviews for as it does give a good insight into their 'tastes'....sometimes with 'surprising' results! lol

(If they tend to rate things pretty much across the board as I would probably do given that same spread of items I know I'm usually safe, whereas if their last 5* review was for some naff plastic thing chucked at us as a TSV I might be somewhat less convinced by their gushing review of something of even slightly better quality!) :thinking:

Certainly I find the 'coming undone' aspect pointed out by several reviewers a little concerning - I have a ring up/down, clip & close, vintage bag that still closes securely after over 40 years & wasn't even a 'top of the range' bag when it was made, so........? :dull:

Unless you intend to order other stuff from them & wish to remain on their 'good side', I think I'd be contacting Trading Standards at this point, I'm not even sure it's actually legal to 'recall' a parcel that has been handed over to the carrier & is physically on its way to you? I would be beyond furious, incandescent with rage actually, what a load of BS & what a friggin' attitude! I would also be raising a stink with the carrier!

:mysmilie_455:

I have to agree with you there Kitten-with-claws, plus I think there is also the fact that if something has been advertised for that price then they are obliged to sell it for that price (not to mention standard offer and acceptance in basic contract law!). Yup! I'd be throwing all that at them and hoping for a discount!!!!

I have to agree with you there Kitten-with-claws, plus I think there is also the fact that if something has been advertised for that price then they are obliged to sell it for that price (not to mention standard offer and acceptance in basic contract law!). Yup! I'd be throwing all that at them and hoping for a discount!!!!

It's at the company's discretion to sell at the 'wrong' price. Most do if it's not a major error. They also have the right to remove it from sale for 48 hours and put back on sale at the correct price. However, sending it out, with full tracking, is a bit beyond my retail law knowledge. I really don't know what to make of that! Still gutted I didn't get my purse, would be even more gutted if it was stopped mid-transit. Rosey you could try complaining to one of the relevant bodies? The fact that it was dispatched may change things, although it will be their word against yours that it was the "incorrecy item"....I certainly smell a rat!

I still think that you formed a contract with them: Offer and acceptance (their offer on the web-site, your acceptance by placing an order and then they honoured that by sending it). Must be something there........

Isn't the website technically an "invitation to treat"; your order = an offer to buy?

Jude xx

Thanks for all your suggestions. I havent bothered persuing it as I know they will have some clever answer. I am just a bit annoyed with their response that they had sent me the wrong item so recalled it. Also if it is on the website and you are able to purchase it how come they had no stock. I gather some others had the same issue during the sale - they were buying bags online which they were told afterwards were unavailable. Their website it not very good.

Obviously it was not to be and at least I have saved the £27 I would have spent :wonder:

Hi,

I think if it is a genuine mistake then a company is allowed not to honour it.

Stock control on a website is very difficult - I run a small business and that part of it is a bit of a nightmare. At least once a week I get exactly the scenario where someone buys something and I dont have it, either because I sold it thru a shop-front, or I just miscounted. HOWEVER,. I stock thousands of different items, whereas there are only a hundred or so, if that, on the LG website.

What sounds a bit suss tho is that the ppl in the warehouse (who be almost robots with no decision making power) will have a standard scenario for dealing with stockouts, and I would be very surprised if sending a different item is what they would normally do.

Cheers,
karen

Isn't the website technically an "invitation to treat"; your order = an offer to buy?

Jude xx

You may well be right there Jude. I would have thought it was web-site = offer and then your order (with money changing hands) = acceptance but your definition makes sense too so I'm confused now!!:thinking:

Either way, I would be pushing it if it was me. As I've said before, if you don't ask you don't get!

Didn"t Carmel say she bought all her bridesmaids Lulu Guinness handbags for presents, and she"d
put the picture on her web page. Well she didn"t. She mentioned doing the show with Lulu but
suprise, suprise, no sign of the photo. Maybe she forgot ??????????????????????

Didn"t Carmel say she bought all her bridesmaids Lulu Guinness handbags for presents, and she"d
put the picture on her web page. Well she didn"t. She mentioned doing the show with Lulu but
suprise, suprise, no sign of the photo. Maybe she forgot ??????????????????????
She did indeed say that. I hope you're not suggesting she was fibbing SparklyBarbs?! :giggle:

Just noticed that the price of the leopard print Franka has been slashed by £54.....am tempted, I ❤ the franka bags....

Latest posts

Back