London 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the link PP.

Right, that's me sorted.
From 11:30AM on Saturday 28th July to Sunday 5th August I shall be cultivating Tennis Bum again.
All inhabitants in this house have been warned - Look to yourselves - YOYO (You're On Your Own).

A slight tangent but is anyone else fed up with Olympic non-stories...stuff about traffic lanes being open but not busy yet etc....This is not newsworthy! There was a camera crew showing us the onsite dry-cleaners the other day and a look around the canteen. Yawn!

Now 2 numb-nuts on Sky Sports News have further ruined the occasion by using the word "medal" as a verb! As in "She's unlikely to medal this year" Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggghh!

Mr Akimbo has a squaddie mate who should be on leave who's currently guarding a fence! He has no powers of arrest and cannot touch anyone attempting to climb or damage the fence, but can ask them to stop and radio for the police to come. He's equipped with a torch and a radio!

I'm looking forward to watching the world's best sportsmen and women doin their thing but the build up coverage is doing my head in!

Jude xx

Totally agree with you Akimbo......the media love printing/reporting all the negatives, bordering on the ridiculous at times, so they must be in their element at the moment! Why can't they focus on this big sporting occasion without giving us page after page or bulletin after bulletin of negative headlines all the time?

As I said in a post in another thread.......let's get right behind Team GB and look forward to our sporting stars collecting a fair number of medals in a variety of colours.

P.S. Think I might go off to 'medal' now! :wink:

Opening Ceremony!!!!

:mysmilie_466: It's cringeworthy and embarrassingly amatuerish so far, it HAS to get better surely?? Where's all the spectacular razzamattaz we were expecting?? And the 'warm up' acts were dire, all that green and pleasant land carp and the twee costumes :eek: wtf was that all about!? :confused: I almost fell asleep :sleepy: gawd knows what the sophisticated mob in Paris are thinking...pi$$ing themselves laughing at us I would think. :blush: Please God let it get better cos it sure couldn't get any worse!! :bandit: I'd take that pompous prat Coe's knighthood back. :rolleyes:

Well I've come up to do my Scrabble games and then bugger off to bed wiv me book - bored rigid watching that tripe! Apart from Evelyn Glennie anyway!

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was joyous, fun and celebratory of all the good things about Britain and made me feel proud to be British. The music was fab. A great show imo.

Well done Danny Boyle......fab opening ceremony. :clapping::clapping: Thoroughly enjoyed it until Sir Paul appeared.....way passed his bed time in my opinion!

Sir Paul was awful wasn't he. I think he should give up, the Beatles were my favourites when I was young lol.

The female translator/ compère got on my nerves & I got on my lots nerves going on about her.

And why do people scream when the camera is on them?

Other than that, it was OK.

Sir Paul was awful wasn't he. I think he should give up, the Beatles were my favourites when I was young lol.

I hated the Beatles and could never understand all the screaming girls but appreciated a few of their songs. Sir Paul should have retired gracefully years ago, his performance at the Diamond Jubilee celebrations was bad enough but tonight's attempt was even more ridiculous!

I really enjoyed it too. Completely bonkers, of course, but very British and very clever in that it used a minimum of spoken language, so it would have been fairly accessible to a global audience.

I was a touch worried, though, when the History of Britain section started, about how we'd be perceived.

The only comparison I could make was with those Eurovision film vignettes we see between acts. You know, that really naff bit usually involving women in headscarves and dirndl skirts dancing round a hurdy-gurdy in some country with turrets.
I had visions of half the world rolling its eyes and crossing the UK off its 'places to visit' list.

Once it settled into its stride, though, I thought it was terrific. Loved the Daniel Craig bit with the Queen, the corgis and the helicopter. Especially the corgis.

Last edited:
It's okay...I'm still here!

I couldn't watch last night so have it recorded, I may fast forward thru some bits!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back