London 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought Paul McCartney's dreadful performance at the Diamond Jubilee would have been enough to have put the organisers off using him at the opening ceremony but obviously not, although I suspect by that time it was too late he'd probably already been asked and had accepted so even if they'd wanted to they couldn't have gotten out of it !

I think Danny Boyle should have had a quiet word with him and said "Now look here Mac, and this is 'From Me To You', it's gonna be 'A Hard Day's Night' so I'll give you a 'Ticket To Ride' in the 'Yellow Submarine' to send you on a 'Magical Mystery Tour'. It would 'Please Please Me' as otherwise you'll look like 'The Fool On The Hill'"........ :wink:

I thought Paul McCartney's dreadful performance at the Diamond Jubilee would have been enough to have put the organisers off using him at the opening ceremony but obviously not, although I suspect by that time it was too late he'd probably already been asked and had accepted so even if they'd wanted to they couldn't have gotten out of it !

I bet that was why the queen was so glum, knowing what was coming up in the programme.

It wasn't misreporting Argey, Mark did say that when being interviewed. I know absolutely nothing about this particular sport but I think there is a lot of "helping each other" with tactics, etc. I don't want this to sound like 'sour grapes' but I reckon some of the competing teams took great pleasure from the fact that Team GB weren't going to take the gold or any medal for that matter on home soil.

not 'alf! Sport reflects life and it's dog eat dog, win at all costs never mind who you step on on the way...I was born too late...

Yes, we've now put our stamp on the medal table......Lizzie Armitstead has won Silver in the Cycling!! :mysmilie_378:

Great name by the way.....:wink:

What a great finish, shame she missed the gold but she did well. I've enjoyed seeing the road race the last couple of days over roads I know so well. Bet the local authority will be putting the road humps back asap on Zig Zag Road - the spoilsports!

I found myself caught up in the volleyball this morning (GB -v- Bulgaria). Flippin' 'eck, we woz trounced in no uncertain terms and not for the want of trying. Very enjoyable game, and this comes from someone who usually only likes the swimming. xxxxxxxxxxx

Yippee......Team GB have now got a Bronze, thanks to the fantastic efforts of Rebecca Adlington in the pool. :clapping:

I am loving it so far, the cycling has been all around here. Think most people think Surrey is just a suburban car park but there are some lovely bits with fantastic views.

Well done the girls, we need the boys to step up to the mark now !!!

Putney has been a no go zone for cars all over this weekend as so many roads were been blocked off and I only saw one car drive down our street all day on Saturday. We didn't even get any postal deliveries yesterday, presumably because the vans couldn't get to the sorting office but no-one was moaning about the virtual shutdown. It was fantastic to see so many crowds of people lining the road and cheering in Putney High Street, in fact all along the whole route the support was fantastic and it was a great spectacle to watch. :clapping:

So looking forward to seeing Tom Daley tomorrow. :happy:

I really hope that Tom Daley wins a medal in memory of his loving supportive late father.......life is so cruel, he shouldn't have been taken at such a young age.

Jan Moir On The Sofa

"We got our first medal, courtesy of cyclist Lizzie Armitstead. What an utter darling. According to commentators, she had ‘fresh legs in good shape’, which she used to batter heroically through a torrential rainstorm, only to come second to some bitch from Holland. :mysmilie_15:Never mind, after the 80-mile race Lizzie emerged without a speck of mud on her flawless complexion, manicure perfect, looking ready for her close-up.
It was a kind of wet weather miracle. Most women look more bedraggled negotiating a doorstep puddle. Best of all, was that Lizzie kept going by snacking on treats kept in a pouch on her back.
‘She’s keeping on top of the feeding, that’s a really professional thing to do,’ said a BBC commentator, as if she was a budgie. ‘That will be the last time she feeds between now and the dinner table tonight.’"

"Then Sue Barker turned up in a black and white suit to take over presenting duties from Jake Humphrey in the BBC’s main pod. In HD, her make-up looked a little, shall we say, Hallowe’en. ‘You’re wearing black and white,’ said Jake, clearly a good man to have around in a fashion crisis.
Sue and Jake then discussed pressures of course, then what effect Armitstead’s medal win would have on Team GB morale.
‘It’s a good-feel factor,’ said Sue. I think she meant feel-good factor. Let’s hope so!"

‘I hope you’ve got a bike and helmet,’ Jake blurted out.
‘I don’t go up hills,’ said Sue.
Really. Whatever they are getting paid, it isn’t enough".

"Certainly, diving has got to be better than something called the Clean & Jerk which also took place yesterday. Yes, it is a weightlifting discipline, not something you do when vacuuming upstairs".

"Back to the synchronised diving where the Chinese team Wu and He seem to be winning everything. I want to be honest. I haven’t got a clue what is going on. Thank goodness commentators Bob Ballard and Leon Taylor were on hand to explain the intricacies of this complex sport.

‘Oh, a little bit archy, both of them doing a good impression of a banana,’ said Bob about the Italians. ‘No daylight in between the thighs and the chest,’ said Leon about the Americans. ‘Oops, she’s let go of her pike shape,’ said Bob about the Brits.
Great stuff! It’s all as clear as road race mud".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Davies-face-Asks-Jan-Moir.html#ixzz225egoNxq

I watched the diving and the commentary was appalling, constant nit-picking. "Those who can, do and those who can't, teach", should be changed to "those who can, do and those whio can't, commentate". Of course there was variance but each one of those girls was absolutely beautiful. xxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I was lucky enough to go to the Opening Ceremony.

The atmosphere was amazing - absolutely electric.

I think my favourite bit was the industrial Revolution sequence, with all the towers just rising in front of us!

Paul mcccartney wasnt too bad in the stadium - as he sang Hey Jude many people started linking arms and singing.
It was a song a lot of the foreigners knew, and went down really well.

Cheers,
Karen

A disappointed teenage daughter here. She has a crush on a certain Mr Daley and I thought she was going to scream herself hoarse when she saw him in the opening ceremony. And the individual competition is coming up.

Is it me just struggling to identify who's who when they are competing? I spend the first 10 mins figuring it out.

There's so much red and white, unless it's a close up and I catch a glimpse of the Union Jack, or the graphics or commentaor gives it away it's hard to identify our our team, and some of the others to be honest. I wasn't impressed when the GB kit was first shown and think it's very disappointing now the games are in progress.

The kit's OK but I find it confusing that they're wearing different colours for different events in the cycling they wore blue with a blue union motive, the men's gymnasts were in red with a white motive and the trunks that Tom & Peter were so small it was difficult to tell :grin: but I'm sure they were different yet again! As Frazzled says it makes it a problem to identify our competitors easily

Latest posts

Back