Skin Pharmacy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is something very dodgy about this product, in my opinion.

Each time it’s on air, they reference the skinpharmacy.tv website where the product is sold for a whopping £120, yet bid can sell it for under £40!

Apart from the bid websites, and their own website - I can't find any mention of the Apple Stem Serum anywhere online.

Their website, especially the 'About' page is very vague and gives no real information about the brand or company.

The company was formed on 29/02/12... how could such an expensive product with its wild claims, be formulated and manufactured in such a short period of time.

Skin Pharmacy is owned by Ethical Skincare Ltd whose only director listed is 'Richard James Elliot Walker' - I wonder if this name is familiar to anyone.

:wonder:

Yeah, something *just* isn't right about it at all!

37 Kenver Avenue is also registered to V. A. Shah & Co Accountants‎ on Google Maps! (probably same person who created the website, still, hardly a professional setup!)

Registrant:
Burrito Kitchen
Burrito Kitchen
37 Kenver Avenue
London, London N12 0PG
GB

Domain name: SKINPHARMACY.TV

Administrative Contact:
Kitchen, Burrito
Burrito Kitchen
37 Kenver Avenue
London, London N12 0PG
GB
+44.7779613698
Technical Contact:
Technical, Webfusion
5 Roundwood Avenue
Stockley Park
Uxbridge, Middlesex UB11 1FF
UK
+44.8712309525 Fax: +44.8701650437

Last edited:
Morning guys!

We don't make any wild claims about this product - apple stem serum is genuinely one of the hot sellers in Premium Beauty and we just stick to the facts that are widely available on the internet on sites like the Daily Mail. I've been using it for 6 weeks and have seen a massive difference in my crow's feet. God knows they were deep enough. The website that it is sold on, apart from ours is a valid one that you can buy from - the only reason that it's nowhere else is that we managed to secure an exclusive with them!

Morning guys!

We don't make any wild claims about this product - apple stem serum is genuinely one of the hot sellers in Premium Beauty and we just stick to the facts that are widely available on the internet on sites like the Daily Mail. I've been using it for 6 weeks and have seen a massive difference in my crow's feet. God knows they were deep enough. The website that it is sold on, apart from ours is a valid one that you can buy from - the only reason that it's nowhere else is that we managed to secure an exclusive with them!

Sorry, but I'd need a bit more reassurance than this before I bought it. I'll stick to good old Elizabeth Arden and also number 7 as I have done since the 1960's

Morning guys!

Isn't it amazing the amount of brands you sell that no one else does. Given the fact that bid conceals the fact that 95% of your watches are cheaply made Chinese knock offs either where they have purchaed a former brand name that has gone bankrupt or they just use a name of an historical watch maker in vein it is not surprising that we have problems believing you when you make claims about other products #reapwhatyousew

PJ

Mr. Sherlock do you have links to any other sites who have sold this product or article reviews?

The product website seems very scant on information and justification for their claims.

:wonder:

I saw macDonald sell this tonight. He said try it and if you don't like it send it back. Seems strange that you can use this and send it back, but if you buy perfume you are supposed to send it back unopened.

This stuff is supposed to be made from a very rare swiss apple. If this apple is so good, why are there not many orchards of them? I don't know why I'm so skeptical, because they keep telling us, they can't tell lies. :mysmilie_505:

Thanks for the comments. as for sticking to Arden - why not? It's a great brand. In terms of exclusivety - I can only talk beauty here - I love helping a new company by giving them a route to market. This particular products is made for us - what's the harm in that? Many brands choose to go with TV these days. I know it may not mean that much to you, but I only buy stuff that I believe is quality and that I believe people will like. If it's not for you - well that's the joy of TV you don't have to buy. I genuinely know the market - and the last thing I'd ever want is for people to feel in any way ripped-off. My saggy old face looks a lot better since we launched the serums anyway!

I saw macDonald sell this tonight. He said try it and if you don't like it send it back. Seems strange that you can use this and send it back, but if you buy perfume you are supposed to send it back unopened.

This stuff is supposed to be made from a very rare swiss apple. If this apple is so good, why are there not many orchards of them? I don't know why I'm so skeptical, because they keep telling us, they can't tell lies. :mysmilie_505:

Yes I was watching too but I got a bit confused with the swiss apple. I thought they'd used the serum on the apple and it was the best looking and less withered apple out of the bunch :wonder:. I was a bit tired and he waffled a bit. It would be nice to know what ingredients are in it and to see some swiss apple pictures etc.

JLo and Helen Mirren use it apparently.

it's a weird apple that takes ages to wither........
That's another way of describing Peter Simon I suppose
tongue.gif

Seriously, it's good that the channels are attempting to source exclusive products that could be worth buying, but at the same time it's unsurprising that heavy scepticism is applied to all beauty products no matter how good (or otherwise) they may be, especially with the exaggerated claims that are often made by a lot of people in the beauty industry.

There is something very dodgy about this product, in my opinion.

Each time it’s on air, they reference the skinpharmacy.tv website where the product is sold for a whopping £120, yet bid can sell it for under £40!

Not difficult to knock up a website with outrageous prices then compare the price against it , looks like exactly what the seller has done

Not sure what Bid are selling it for on TV, but Bid are selling on Ebay for £32.99 (or best offer) delivered

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKIN-PHAR...Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item1c29d61b66

Ocean Tree Trading is the Ebay name for Bid TV if you did not know :)

Thanks for the comments. as for sticking to Arden - why not? It's a great brand. In terms of exclusivety - I can only talk beauty here - I love helping a new company by giving them a route to market. This particular products is made for us - what's the harm in that? Many brands choose to go with TV these days. I know it may not mean that much to you, but I only buy stuff that I believe is quality and that I believe people will like. If it's not for you - well that's the joy of TV you don't have to buy. I genuinely know the market - and the last thing I'd ever want is for people to feel in any way ripped-off. My saggy old face looks a lot better since we launched the serums anyway!

The geordie lady presenter on Sky 665 said on Sunday eve just passed that when she was a manager at Harrods she saw Kylie Minogue going straight to a specific serum & buying it. When she enquired what it was it was the product she was selling the Skin Pharmacy snake serum. How can that be the case if it's now "exclusive" to the Bid network in the UK? I'm not slating the product as I've never tried it but I wish presenters could stick to the same correct facts as this statement about Bid's exclusivity & the fact that the company making it is relatively new contradicts what was stated on Sunday. It may well be on a website somewhere for any price but anyone can sell a product for anything, doesn't mean that someone has purchased it for that money.

I am very sceptical of the main famous brands of beauty products.

I am even more sceptical of the Bid beauty brands simply because it is easier to get any old lotion or serum and claim it's 'exclusive' and a 'premium' product. Judging Bid's past record on branding, this Apple Serum stuff is probably cheapo crap to rip off unsuspecting punters without any evidence to back up their claims. It's really disgusting tactics. Bid TV liars and rip off merchants.

AND I saw Peter Simon selling exactly the same stuff literally months ago saying that we were such lucky people to be able to buy this through Bid as the company that makes it doesn't want it sold via a discount channel thus implying that it's far too upmarket for the likes of us poor immortal viewers to be able to afford ordinarily. He continued to lecture about the price it should be blah blah...Oh yes, & he wasn't sure if we'd ever see it again on Bid as stock was low & wasn't sure if the company would continue to supply it to the channel. Well for something that's so upmarket & exclusive that Bid may never be allowed to stock it again I've seen skin pharmacy products sold practically every time I've watched for a few minutes, it's like groundhog day LOL!! Turns out it's actually exclusive TO BID TV! COME ON GUYS BE HONEST PLEASE! We know the game being played here but many won't be aware!

I will certainly be keeping my eye out as I think it's quite a cruel way of selling to people who may be vulnerable and misled. Sadly these are often the people like some older viewers who may not be internet savvy to check the prices or actual brand status of products Bid sells on TV. Some of the products are good, they sold Lalique for a while & at a good price, (although not as good as www.cheapsmells when I checked & they don't charge for postage either).
This serum may be good BUT it has not got the prominence in the genuine top class shops that everyone on Bid says that it does & that's according to P.Sherlock, their buyers own comments quoted in this thread! THAT'S ONE OF THE THINGS THAT'S SO WRONG in my opinion.
Guys, if you want a phenominal wrinkle smoothing serum my tip is to try Judith Williams Wrinkle Relax serum from QVC, (& online too if you google it from a british supplier so no added customs fees or excessive postage). It's never in stock on QVC for long & has been out of stock for a couple of months now but other prices for it on the net are good too, (between £22-£26 for 30ml). It's got 12.5% plant collagen & an even higher concentration of the spitzbaur, (probably spelt wrong but that's how it sounds), apple stem cell in it. This lady's diamond cream sold 4MILLION pots on it's launch in the USA in one day according to the Mail Online. Now that's when I listen & try a product! I can't believe how my skin has smoothed out since using her serum! I don't have anything to do with her company or QVC I just think that why should people pay £39.99 plus £1.53 to order then a whopping £7.99 for an unproven brand of the same size?! I've even seen it go for higher. Just my view guys x.

Latest posts

Back