Vegafit tofu

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

clemenzina

Registered Shopper
It's a bit late now, I've ordered it cos they said it was selling out fast...

But has anyone tried this? I've ordered the packs of dried tofu, assorted:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.826900/walk.yah.UKHG-UK14

My GP has ordered me off HRT and told me to buy Phyto Soya (she have me the wrong name, it turned out to be bodybuilding powder, but that's another story), so I thought I should supplement it with soya in the form of food. I hate fresh tofu, even though I was brought up to eat what was put in front of me, I was mortified when I saw they recommend all sorts of flavourings to go with it.

Anyway, ramble ramble, anyone tried this stuff?

clemenzina

That's very helpful of you Burlz :rolleyes: If I remember rightly, you can have a very amusing turn of phrase, so I'll forgive you ;)

clemenzina

I eat tofu all the time - but only the fresh type. Can't even imagine what this would taste like! (My instinct tells me, gruesome :eek:)

Oh well, you will have to say what it's like when you get it.

Just had a look, because i'd be interested in it, but it says prawns and meat strips in it. I'm vegetarian, so are these flavourings (like crisps, which i can eat) or actual 'flesh' - which i can't?!

Just had a look, because i'd be interested in it, but it says prawns and meat strips in it. I'm vegetarian, so are these flavourings (like crisps, which i can eat) or actual 'flesh' - which i can't?!

*barf*

i'd rather have a tin of baked beans

I have to admit that I watched the presentation and was still confused as to what it was all about! It is dried tofu, it is vegetarian so the meat and prawn were not flesh, and some of the tofu was shaped to look like the thing it was supposed to be? I was confused as on some stuff he put boullion in for flavoring, so is it flavoured or does it just look like what it's supposed to be?? :confused::confused:

Can't help re this product Clemenzina - but just to say that on a similar note we had some large soya chunks from Holland and Barrett not that long ago - we usually have the tiny little pieces and they make a great chilli if you add in all the usual tomato and onion and kidney beans etc..
Anyway these large chunks were like eating sponges - they were the most revolting thing ever

It was a very poor presentation, the German gent was quite flustered and Claudia wasn't her usual thoughtful self.

Some of it is just like ordinary pasta that you serve with sauces, some meat-like pieces are for stir-fry etc - it is made from organic soy.

Google Vegafit and ask it to translate the page for you. I couldn't find it available anywhere else in the UK, but I didn't look for long.

I'm having second thoughts now, as usual, but it seemed like it was something I SHOULD be eating, given my health probs, and there's the MBG :)

Yes, Jaybeedee, that's exactly my experience with tofu thus far. Got my Trind balsams from you, thanks :)

clemenzina

I've had this. I quite like it. You rehydrate it (I know this sounds gruesome but it's not!) by cooking it as you would pasta. Then drain it and use it in cooking. I have not purchased any of the recommended flavours but you probably do need to use it in something with a good flavour. I've used the meaty strips in chinese recipes and the "prawn" in an Indonesian dish. All very lovely. You're probably not going to mistake it for meat, but as tofu goes it's really nice.
The varieties do not really resemble prawns, mushrooms, meat etc, they are just going to swell up to something vaguely representing those items.
If you like cooking, I think you'll enjoy it.

They aren't really flavoured like those items in my opinion. I'm veggie too - they are fine for us! They are just shaped to vaguely resemble them.

They aren't really flavoured like those items in my opinion. I'm veggie too - they are fine for us! They are just shaped to vaguely resemble them.

Thanks! Thought it would be odd to actually have meat in them!
I think I might order as I love tofu, would be nice to try something different.

I'm having second thoughts now, as usual, but it seemed like it was something I SHOULD be eating, given my health probs, and there's the MBG :)

Of course, if you dont like them, then send the rest back.

I love tofu, I tend to buy the cauldron smoked stuff. I saw this on the web and thought it seemed expensive, and I cant bear fish flavoured stuff, so would not use it all. I wish I had seen the demo though.

Please let us know what it is like when it arrives.

Latest posts

Back